Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:19 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,931,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
What are you talking about? Are you attacking my religious beliefs? I thought I was supposed to be safe from people like you in America. Remember?
What religious beliefs? Why don;lt you just come out and state who your higher power is? Is this your own religion you made up? Or a major organized religion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 03:20 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,737,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
It's a bit of a conflict don't you think. Christians are under attack on this forum by Obama supporters. They are made fun of, called fools, names and so on. you attack Palin for her beliefs. Over 20 of you, offered prayers for Obama, who laughed about Palins Christian beliefs! Then you have Obama who supports late term abortion which goes against the most fundamental beliefs of the Christian religion. Fine, your opinion, it's a free country, I support your right to your opinion.........

But then I keep reading posts about praying for Obama on this eve of the election, his grandma passes away and I see the dozens of Christian haters on this forum offering prayers. I think it is great, but a bit HYPOCRITICAL don't you think?

If you're going to fight to keep Christianity out of things, keep it out of all things!

There are at least 20 of you on the other thread offering up "prayers for Obama" who attacked every single post on this forum that had to do with showing support for Palin and her Christian beliefs. You, my friends are hypocrites, signed sealed and delivered.
rep point for you.

14,268 posts, read 19,016,082 times
Quote:
I think it is great, but a bit HYPOCRITICAL don't you think?

When in the world did Obama ever laugh at Palin's religious beliefs? BTW, as far as I know, there is nothing "Christian" about chasing witches out of villages or attacking someone's character with harsh words and untruths.

Your post is an example of what has happened to our country in the past 8 years. There is a small group of people who label themselves with words like "Evangelical" or "Patriotic." People who don't vote the way you vote aren't real Americans. People who don't pray the way you do are godless. People who don't look, act and speak the way you do aren't patriotic.

I suggest you read this article since, according to the Bush administration and the religious right, Christianity is just for a chosen few and is a religion of torture, hate, greed and passing judgment on others.

[URL="http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1025-25.htm"]No Longer a Christian[/URL]

As Paul said "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

11,448 posts, read 14,510,767 times
I'm asking anybody who found that post offensive, to report it to the admin, thanks.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
What religious beliefs? Why don;lt you just come out and state who your higher power is? Is this your own religion you made up? Or a major organized religion?
Go to hell you jerk.

I don't have to explain my religious beliefs to you or anybody else. But rest assured my God doesn't advocate the mind numbing stupidity that you exhibit here on a daily basis. You can't bet on that.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
Newsflash! People who vote for Obama can be religious (and even Christians) too!

WTF is wrong with you?
Do you read? Try actually reading the post. then come back with a valid relative response.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,952,084 times
Quote:
Do you read? Try actually reading the post. then come back with a valid relative response.
Dude, just give it up.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Wait, can I not believe in a God if I am not a Christian?

Not according to this idiot. Also, if you choose to call it anything other than "God", then you are some sort of mystical voodoo nut. Prayer, according to this loser is only for Christians, nobody else.

2,305 posts, read 3,037,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
Newsflash! People who vote for Obama can be religious (and even Christians) too!

WTF is wrong with you?

Owner of a buisness with 40 employees acting like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Go to hell you jerk.

I don't have to explain my religious beliefs to you or anybody else. But rest assured my God doesn't advocate the mind numbing stupidity that you exhibit here on a daily basis. You can't bet on that.
I'm asking anyone who finds this post offensive to report it to the moderators. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections