Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:42 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,372,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
And again:

Not going to church does not make one an atheist.

And you've shifted from his being a Muslim to his being an atheist pretty quickly. Or he is a hater. But whatever it is, he can't possibly worship the same God you do, in your opinion.

Well, I would have to say that it is likelier that he worships the same God you do than that I do. My God does not discriminate against gays. My God does not teach me to despise all members of a religion because one group of extremists does terrible things in Allah's (or God's) name.

The God you claim to worship and believe in taught that if somebody hit you, you were to turn the other cheek, that you were to love your enemy, that you were to love a stranger.

The God you claim to worship would have embraced Barack Obama and John McCain; would have embraced both James Dobson and Rev. Wright; would have embraced both William Ayers and G. Gordon Liddy.

I love the God you claim to worship, though he is not my God.

I do not love the God you seem to worship. He reminds me of the harsher parts of the God of my childhood - a dark God, indeed. Perhaps that is the real God. I pray not.
#1, I have no problem with Gays at all . Most I know are good people.
Barak is not a good person, he scares me. His chuch scares me.
Hate is not what God wanted. Were you around when Ayers was doing those things? Well I was, and in College. I guess you think its ok to live in fear.
By moving, I escaped the fear that my husband would not make it thru the Holland Tunnel. Are you aware that years after 9/11 there was a threat at least once a week? Were you in NYC ON 9/11 as my husband was? Did you look out your office window and see the plane hit the second tower, knowing that where it hit the first tower was where 300 more from your company were working.? id you sit in fear that your husband would not make it home that night? It took 6 hours from NYC to NJ
Obama said he wants to make Illegal Aliens legal. I suppose he wants more of the same who were not questioned when they wanted to learn how to fly a plane and not land it. At least NJ got strict on Drivers Licences now because that is where they got their ID FROM.

I also think everyone should have a passport to be able to vote. This would stop some of the illegal nonsence at the polls.

Diane G

Last edited by Diane Giam; 11-03-2008 at 10:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:51 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
Of course we "can't all get along." I'd venture that most people in this country are moderates. McCain is a moderate. If the minions succeed in electing the ultra-liberal Obama, there are going to be a WHOLE lot of angry people in this country once the rubber meets the road.

The Dem talking heads are claiming he'd likely govern from the Center. HIGHLY UNLIKELY! The far left libs in the Democratic Party pushed his candidacy to the max and they WILL expect to be rewarded. We'd have the leftists Obama, Pelosi, and Reid in charge -- not one ounce of common sense can be squeezed from the three of them.

Last edited by teatime; 11-03-2008 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections