Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,879 times

Advertisements

My sister lives in the Atlanta suburbs about 20 minutes from the city. She works for a very large corporation, her boss is white, his wife is black, they registered to vote at their local district office.

He went into to vote today and guess what, he isn't registered. In fact they found he simply just wasn't entered into the system...but his wife was...hmm

apparently there is a big ordeal with white voter discrimination going on right now from this office. if you were white, you were not registered to vote. the election offices told him that they are starting to see a pattern, but there is nothing they can do.

he is pissed. i assume cnn or an affiliate will pick up the story today sometime, since they have an office down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 12:17 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
How would they know who was white or black? Is that on the registration somewhere?

That's too bad. Here in NC we can check on-line to see if we are properly registered well before election day.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,174,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
That's too bad. Here in NC we can check on-line to see if we are properly registered well before election day.
Same here in California.

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
he is pissed. i assume cnn or an affiliate will pick up the story today sometime, since they have an office down the road.
Until then it is hearsay.....

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Who cares? You are well known for making up stories - as a matter of fact you have posted over 20 stories that sound like this one here on CD. Do something positive with your life besides fabricating stories.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM

471 posts, read 807,481 times
Quote:
My sister lives in the Atlanta suburbs about 20 minutes from the city. She works for a very large corporation, her boss is white, his wife is black, they registered to vote at their local district office.

He went into to vote today and guess what, he isn't registered. In fact they found he simply just wasn't entered into the system...but his wife was...hmm

apparently there is a big ordeal with white voter discrimination going on right now from this office. if you were white, you were not registered to vote. the election offices told him that they are starting to see a pattern, but there is nothing they can do.

Nice story.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times
Quote:

if he was dumb enough to go the the polling station without having a voter registration card or confirming somehow, at some point prior that he was registered properly, then maybe he really wasnt registered.

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Yeah, I am in NC and was gonna post the same info - we can check ahead.

The man should ask for a provisional ballot at his correct precinct polling place. No one should be denied the right to vote. That is the law.

487 posts, read 1,816,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Same here in California.
Oh my, same here in Georgia!

1,286 posts, read 2,916,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Until then it is hearsay.....
i just got off the phone with my sister, she said half the white part of her office isn't registered to vote after registering for this election. they are all pissed about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections