Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:20 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Yes folks, the very people who were just yesterday waving the flag at McCain/GOP rallies are now hoping beyond hope that the greatest nation ever conceived by man perishes from the earth. And for what? Basically these people are willing to chop off their own noses to spite their faces. Rather than rolling up their sleeves and committing to finding a way to put years of bitter partisanship aside in the face of monumental adversity, they would rather see disaster strike our great nation simply so they can say "told you so." If we cannot come together what can we ever hope to achieve?
Is that right? Huh.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Every Republican I have talked to today, and heard on talk radio, has said we need to get behind Obama and support him for the good of our country.

You're dreaming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 04:23 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I don't think I ever saw any actual conservatives at a McCain/Palin rally. Bunch of contemporary Republicans and religious fundamentalist types, but few if any conservatives.

I was wearing a disguise.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:34 PM

511 posts, read 658,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again. I'll extend the same hand of friendship to President Obama as the left extended to President Bush in '00 and '04.
and you think we didnt try to like Bush? that is not true. Even his own party doesnt like him.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:28 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Yes folks, the very people who were just yesterday waving the flag at McCain/GOP rallies are now hoping beyond hope that the greatest nation ever conceived by man perishes from the earth. And for what? Basically these people are willing to chop off their own noses to spite their faces. Rather than rolling up their sleeves and committing to finding a way to put years of bitter partisanship aside in the face of monumental adversity, they would rather see disaster strike our great nation simply so they can say "told you so." If we cannot come together what can we ever hope to achieve?
We'll move forward and achieve without them - with Obama firmly at the helm!!

Don't worry about vindictive, hate-filled, morons - they're irrelevant... Let them vent their frustration - but be consoled with the knowledge that they are just spitting into the wind...

Old 11-05-2008, 05:43 PM

196 posts, read 444,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Look, is it so hard for you to stop generalizing and point out that "some" may think this way? If it is ok for you to say things like "conservatives want the country to fail" in a generalized wild claim, can I then say "black people are crack addicts and steal" as a generalization also and be correct?

Would it hurt to put a little bit of responsibility in your posts or is your intention to smear?
You don't have to say this, but I agree Nomander. Most of us understand that the vocal minority of your party on this board are not representative of the entire Republican party. It is a gross generalization to say that the "idiots" we have here who actually do want America to fail because Obama will be our next president are not the majority. You and many others are certainly not among them. These folks I speak of are not true Americans. True Americans unite in times like these, as McCain so eloquently said.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 PM

97 posts, read 124,037 times
man can do all things, but not everything is expediant . progress or change for the sake of it is not really change, or progress. i think there are plenty of areas to change, but there are plenty of areas that need to stay the same. history is a beautiful thing. it gives you the path of the future. there are some things that people have carried on there lips for ever, and the lessions havn't been forgotten,haterd, racial ignorance greed and self intrest. but the real lessions that people dont talk about, love, forgivness and hope.these lessions have all but faded away. the question we as a people need to ask is, am i willing to give my rights or even life itself for the good of another.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:25 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
The phrase "I was wrong" is the hardest thing for anyone to say, next to "I'm sorry."

Old 11-05-2008, 06:55 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
I just don't think I can reach that level of abject hatred of a single individual...
That's hilarious! You and about 5 others on this board are on the top of my list for investigations if anything happens to Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections