Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 10:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,828,510 times

Advertisements

Ohh no, there is a flaw with the chart, it is Standard Achievement results, not IQ's of students, and students dont vote.. It also only looks like public school test scores..

McDaniel has added a refinement to my approach. There was this problem: NAEP scores for 4th and 8th graders are just from public school students. But in states with large black or Hispanic populations, there is substantial white flight from the public schools , lowering NAEP scores. For example, 13.7% of South Carolina's white students and 10.6% of California's are not in public schools. McDaniel adjusts for this, raising slightly the IQ estimates of states with heavy white flight. (State IQ was defined as "the average of mean reading and mean math scores.")

First, the NAEP isn't an IQ test; it's a school achievement test.

VDARE.com: 10/22/06 - Average IQ by State: Honest Numbers at Last

[mod cut]

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-07-2008 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 10:08 AM

877 posts, read 2,070,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Take Knott County, Kentucky for example. Kerry won by 8% in 2004. Obama lost by 28% in 2008. I am looking for theories on why this might be.
No you're not, you're asserting that they are racists.

Why might that be? Because they disagree with Obama's politics. Because they think he's bad for this country.

How about post a map of counties that voted more Democrat, and we can all laugh and call them the "I hate America" demographic?

Old 11-07-2008, 10:09 AM

292 posts, read 1,303,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewickleyPA View Post

You still believe that McCain states are educated? Face it, the less intelligent states voted for the republican once again... and this proves it.
"Less intelligent states"?????!!!!!!

Arrogant Yankee.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,828,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I think the graphics prove a point. If the map showed an equal scattering all over the US I would say there is nothing to it. But the map shows a definite pattern and reinforces existing stereotypes of that region.
Assumptions? Maybe that region is doing very well financially..

Old 11-07-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
we don't even all say ya all!!!

Nita
I say y'all. I even know how to spell it correctly. (this is in reference to the "spelling and grammar" discussion on the "chat" thread.)

No stoves or broken down cars in my yard, though. Just under my carport. LOL (JUST kidding, my place is nice and neat, but I don't have fancy cars.)

Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,009,080 times
Interesting that according to you, black people hate themselves because New Orleans and surrounding area voted much more Republican .. Interesting since apparently Bush caused Hurricane Katrina using Cheney mind powers...

Old 11-07-2008, 10:30 AM

Do not insult my intelligence by declaring me a racist simply because I voted for McCain.

I voted for McCain because of his basic ideals, which are not exactly like mine, but more so than Obama's. I do not agree in any way with Obama's basic ideals. If a black man who shared my ideals had run against a white man who did not, I would have voted for the black man. I would have voted for Colin Powell at one time. I was so disappointed when he endorsed Obama.

I do not believe that Obama is a Muslim....nevertheless, I do not like his "friend" list. It makes me pretty nervous.

Note: I do not live in Arkansas, but Louisiana is in the "less intelligent" south also.

Last edited by luvarkansas; 11-07-2008 at 10:51 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,716,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewickleyPA View Post

You still believe that McCain states are educated? Face it, the less intelligent states voted for the republican once again... and this proves it.
It proves nothing. But I'm sure it makes you feel smug and superior.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,257,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Interesting that according to you, black people hate themselves because New Orleans and surrounding area voted much more Republican .. Interesting since apparently Bush caused Hurricane Katrina using Cheney mind powers...
Katrina brought major demographic shifts to New Orleans that potentially skewed these numbers. But regardless of those shifts the city voted +60% democrat in 2008 vs. +56% democrat in 2004.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,257,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post

This map is pretty telling. Racism is alive and well in Arkansas. 1 in 4 Arkansans believe Obama is a Muslim, and 30%+ of the electorate listed race as an important factor in their vote for McCain. Arkansas has always been a pretty evenly split state between the Republican and Democrat until this year, when most states trended Democratic we trended sharply Republican. Why?

Many Arkansans are abhorred with the though of having a man of color in the White House. Racism abounds and its everywhere. Living in the Ft. Smith area, I've heard the N word thrown around like its 1957. People praise certain school districts because they don't have any "coloreds". People complain about Little Rock being a filthy God-forsaken place because that's where "all them blacks" live.

When, if ever, is this state going to move past skin color?
I give it 1.5 generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections