Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:35 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,475,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Quantify what makes him a "loon" in your eyes. Instead of calling names, lets have an adult conversation about the issues you have with him.
Not today...I'm too busy being happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,969,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Happy caling people names? Ok...you have fun with that, I'm glad we started on a new path last night and are being inclusive now.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:40 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,631,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balco9 View Post
McCain never liked Ron Paul.
Paul wanted to endorse McCain from the start.
McCain would nothing of him...
I really don't think that was the case at all. Paul had nothing in common with mccain aside from being republicans. I don't believe for a minute that Ron Paul was ever going to endorse mccain.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,631,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
And apparently not very eloquent...........

Old 11-05-2008, 08:43 PM

22,909 posts, read 28,237,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
They call them Libertarians because they feverently embrace the concept of Liberty--as it is defined in the Constitution.
Liberty isn't defined in the Constitution.

Libertarians get a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong. I'd love to have Ron Paul as a neighbor. Or mayor. Maybe even governor if I lived in a really small, really rich state. But the thought of him holding a major office with real power gives me the heebie-jeebies.

If you really want to see how Libertarian laissez-faire capitalism works, check out the late 19th and early 20th centuries in the U.S. and western Europe. Massive poverty among the workers. Spectacular wealth among those who did very little actual work. Rampant child labor. No worker's rights. No safety codes. No thank you.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
And apparently not very eloquent...........
It is a typical response. I always try to move people from name calling when it comes to Paul and get them to explain why they think he is "crazy" and I have a very hard time finding anyone willing to quantify, and those who do try usually have limited or no knowledge of his actual concepts and thoughts other than one liners that they heard from the news that are usually misguided at best.

I am sure that there are people who disagree with Paul, and in fact I've spoken with and respect the opinions of many who do, however the ones that like to call him names usually dont have much to back up and support their claims.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Rampant child labor. No worker's rights. No safety codes. No thank you.
WAY off base on this when it comes to Paul's ideals.

He is a huge advocate for personal freedom and liberties and has many times spoken about how we need to uphold the law and not allow employers to do anything that would jeopardize the health or safety of employees.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,723,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
That's my take on him as well. He seems quite reasonable on some issues, and simply ridiculous on others.
Yeah, but it seems it's always that most "ridiculous" thing that becomes the gotcha.
I've been listening to alot of this stuff for a long while, just in the past couple of years, it has been becoming more and more apparent that something is up. Since Sept 15th you have to be blind, or have your head buried in the sand not to see it.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:59 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,381,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Liberty isn't defined in the Constitution.

Libertarians get a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong. I'd love to have Ron Paul as a neighbor. Or mayor. Maybe even governor if I lived in a really small, really rich state. But the thought of him holding a major office with real power gives me the heebie-jeebies.

If you really want to see how Libertarian laissez-faire capitalism works, check out the late 19th and early 20th centuries in the U.S. and western Europe. Massive poverty among the workers. Spectacular wealth among those who did very little actual work. Rampant child labor. No worker's rights. No safety codes. No thank you.
How many times do us Libertarians that post on here have to repeat that most of us understand that "no rules" is not what we support?You Dems rant about going to war with little thought,Libertarians agree,do not nation build.You conservatives rant about staying away from big government and upholding state and individual rights,which Libertarians agree.

We don't want to end government,we just want it limited so it doesn't become a master,specially federal government.

Basically it is about do what you want as long as you don't interfere with someone elses rights.Isn't that what life liberty and happiness is about?The problem is too many of you want your freedom but still want to decide for others what their freedom will be.And that is why Dems want to use government to force bans and control people and that is why Republicans want to use government to force bans and control people.....lol you die hard neocon Republicans and liberal Democrats accuse each other of being a Nazi or a communist but you both are potential tyrants more the same than different and really you have no respect for freedom except for your own while you chant America the free.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:06 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,149,009 times
How many Romney threads have there been lately? Or Huckabee threads? Or Thompson? Yet Ron Paul keeps showing up like a bad penny in this forum. That ought to tell some of you more than you're willing to acknowledge. It wasn't just about the election. It's about educating people on how our economy and government work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections