Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:11 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Thank you Mr. Olbermann...That's pretty presumptuous of you. What makes you believe that I'm a McCain supporter???

I watch for the same reason many people watch: CNN, Fox, MSNBC - to form my own opinion. Not everyone is locked into the brainwashing from the far left and the far right.
Well I try something called logic. I know Fox is right wing and Olberman is the Left wing equivalent. So, why would anyone be surprised if either was over the top about their candidate? Surprising? Hardly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 PM

8,631 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival survivor View Post
so you Republicans got to celebrate 8 years of George W Bush and are upset that we've been celebrating for 1 day

geez and ages I can't believe what I'm hearing- oh and by the way, not only did you lose- but you took a 9 point thumping and lost Senate and House seats as well- talk about a referendum on the last 8 years of failed politricks

Keith Olbermann is a good journalist and has his place in the media, as does Bill O' The Clown and everyone at Fixed News

if you dont like it- here's a concept, change the channel rather than come on here and rant about it!
LOL - alrighty then. Olbermann is better suited for Bill O'Reilly's old job - Inside Edition or going back to sports journalism like he did for 20 years until 2003. He only uses MSNBC to promote his liberal agenda. In any case, aren't you ranting right now?

When I think of good journalists, I think of Campbell Brown.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:09 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
The polls were wrong.
ACORN was committing voter fraud.
Obama was a Muslim.
Obama didn't have a birth certificate.
Obama never says the Pledge.
Obama wanted to teach sex ed to kindergarteners.
Obama would institute Sharia law.

I can do a dozen more standing on my head.

Slow down and comprehend what you read. I asked you to name the posters. In any event, go back and find one post where I stated Obama was a Muslim, he does not say the pledge, discussed sex ed, or Sharia Law.

It is a FACT that ACORN committed voter fraud. There are already indictments.

Again, name the individuals.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:12 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Hmmmm...trying to debate which bunch of politicians and media pundits is the most vile and disgusting? Talk about chasing your tail.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:14 AM

8,631 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Hmmmm...trying to debate which bunch of politicians and media pundits is the most vile and disgusting? Talk about chasing your tail.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Although I agree with Keith most of the time, I don't considered him a journalist because he does not report in an unbiased way. Jim Lehrer and Gwen Ifil are true journalists.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
You must be detachd from reality, trapped in a Foxnews spin machine or both. You perpetuated more hate, fear and lies than anyone on the board..And no I don't have time to conduct research for losers..Go away and stop

I think that is a big stretch, but to each their own opinion. Hate? Not even close. And I hate Obama for what he stands for. Fear? If the truth scares you, I have no control over that. Lies? Search my posts and find one. I generally make obervations that ask more questions than they answer as a method to stimulate debate. I defended Obama as an excellent choice eight years from now, but stated he was not qualified today. I engaged in no racial banter, did not care about his religion (and stated so), did not pick on his wife or kids, denounced the KKK, did not attack his extended family, or many of the other tactics that were utilized in this forum by both sides. In fact, I think I was more moderate in my tone, but far stronger in my argument than even you.

No, I think my unfavorable reputation was derived because I did not use those tactics. I posted hard facts, stats, and logical arguments. When they could not be disputed rationally, you turned to emotion and smear-tactics. That is not debating. My position is cleary more Libertarian than Republican - in fact I stated so on many occassions. My screen name, and the Left's emotional response to it, does nothing but prove my point.

I stated early on that this election was about emotion rather than logic. That was the case. The Obama rock-star euphoria will wear off, and reality will set in. He will not deliver half of what he promised, and the Demmies will have nobody to blame; that is going to be a sad day.

As the country swings toward the left, I realize even more that I was right. My vote for McCain was not for him, but for the ideology of the party, and all it entails. Personal responsibility, accountability, and self-reliance. The arguments from the left are generally without merit or so hypocritcal they are laughable. A few here made good points, and I repped or otherwise acknowledged them.

A couple of you Demmies understand how to debate. Many of you are assimilated and incapbale of critical thinking for yourselves. To them I say, run along little Dembots.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:56 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Yes the crazy scream of teh democtras in 1000 and 2004 were terriale. Then the constant nazi name caling etc. In the end it will come back to them. What goes arou8nd ;coes around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections