U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 07:22 PM

349 posts, read 839,797 times

Advertisements

I am beyond happy that Obama made it - I truly expected some of the nonsense from '00 and '04 but it didn't happen.

It was moving to see the many people on the news during Obama's speech, misty-eyed with tears because they were so overjoyed. It is truly an an amazing time to be alive at this point in American history.

If Obama does only half of what he is capable of, I'd say the country and its people will be a lot better for his visionary ideas, intelligence and steady demeanor. No more knee-jerk, raw ideas with no plan behind them...I can't describe in words how absolutely thrilled I am to know Bush/Cheney will be no longer be in control!

No longer will we be embarrassed world-over with the likes of GW Bush!

Now, with President Obama, we have someone intelligent who we are proud of, whose decisions we can trust, someone who will work for the whole of America, not just the small group of the wealthy. On top of that, Obama has class and that reflects well on every American; he is an example of our greatest hope - that a person of modest beginnings can achieve great things. I am so proud of him, I truly am.

Anyway, I had to get that out and also say that this has been a fun board: some great and some *really silly* debates that will be etched in my memory forever.

FreeSpirited1
* * * Obama/Biden '08 and '12 * * *

P.S. Does anyone know if City Data will close this board and when?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections