Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:21 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Perhaps you guys missed it, but the election was over yesterday. Get over your hate and try to find something positive to write about....
I'm sure you'd love it if this subject went away. However, I think it's important to understand just how much the GOP will lie about their candidates. They said Bush was qualified, after all.

In 2016, information like this will be important. Also, the fact that you cheerleaded for this idiot is important in judging the integrity of your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
That's easily explained, she could not see it from her window. How was she supposed to know that.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-05-2008 at 08:47 PM..

Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 PM

163 posts, read 237,446 times
Default Hmmm like you got over your HATE over the last few weeks????

Quote:
Perhaps you guys missed it, but the election was over yesterday. Get over your hate and try to find something positive to write about....

like here

Quote:
Sad day for our country IF dumbo should win....
and here

Quote:
He entered a motorcade? The SOB should take a cab or hitchhike.... He thinks he is important, he is a loser...
and here

Quote:
It just proves half the country is populated by brainless Democrats who bought dumbo's pack of lies, and they want to see the country ruined. Better practice praying to allah...
and here

Quote:
Michelle "The manly woman" didn't require nearly as much money for her wardrobe. Just a gunny sck and a roll of duct tape for her big mouth...
and here (where you referred to Senator Clinton as the "beast")

Quote:
no doubt aout it, they want big John to win so the beast can run again in four years...
and how about here, where you want to turn violent for 100 bucks

Quote:
OK, deal..! Send me a hundred and I'll kill all the ignorant democrats....
and how abt here referring to General Powell - no hate here at all huh???

Quote:
Collie returned to the ghetto today.... you can take the boy out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto ...,,,, etc, etc....
and here again huh???

Quote:
Fourty years a successful military man and statesman, and he throws all of that away for for color... He is a fourty year fraud,,,, so sad..

Last edited by vsaksena; 11-05-2008 at 08:38 PM..

Old 11-05-2008, 08:34 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaksena View Post
no hate here at all huh???

[/i]
One day, people will realize, the internet NEVER forgets.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
The GOP has spared no expense to toss this woman under the bus just as far as they can. Carl has no problem being the tool. There's no way she is that dumb. I mean, come on. Africa. NAFTA.
I'd be inclined to agree with you. Except the that Katie Couric interview was the most embarrassing political interview I've ever seen. She looked like a 12th grader who didn't study for her civics class.

Obviously there's an agenda in leaking this now, but I'm guessing that's probably more because certain McCain staffers are pissed the way she acted the past month - and may be preemptively cutting her future political ambitions short. And if that's the case, then its about time the McCain campaign does something I can agree with.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,640,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
I see this as an attack on both Palin and McCain - dragging them both down at the same time.

I don't know if I believe the Africa story or not, or if this is some resentful staffers seeking to cast blame and cover their asses - but it does not reflect well on any of the folks involved - those folks spilling the beans now, Governor Palin herself, or Senator McCain.

Whether the story is "Senator McCain chose an incompetent" or "Senator McCain's staff is tearing apart one of the few sparks of life in the younger Republican party," it is not a good story.

And the closing of the story, with promises of many more Palin stories to come, honestly, makes me sick.

This comes from a flaming liberal.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
I'd be inclined to agree with you. Except that Katie Couric interview was the most embarrassing political interview I've ever seen. She looked like a 12th grader who didn't study for her civics class.

Obviously there's an agenda in leaking this now, but I'm guessing that's probably more because certain McCain staffers are pissed the way she acted the past month - and may be preemptively cutting her future political ambitions short. And if that's the case, then its about time the McCain campaign does something I can agree with.
I suppose. I just can't believe that McCain would allow his campaign to take on someone like this woman. And to make things worse, for her, she's facing more ethics charged in Alaska regarding her kids' travel, and some other petty stuff. She won't even be a Fox News guest at this point.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post

And the closing of the story, with promises of many more Palin stories to come, honestly, makes me sick.

This comes from a flaming liberal.
Carl is a douche. Plain and simple. Words do not adequately describe the contempt I hold for that man. Part of that is why I find this whole thing unbelievable, to a degree.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:42 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
SNAP SNAP.
You punked that one good.
Kind of hypocritical to tell people to get over things when they obviously haven't... I rep'd ya.. brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaksena View Post
like here

and here again huh???

Old 11-05-2008, 08:44 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I suppose. I just can't believe that McCain would allow his campaign to take on someone like this woman. And to make things worse, for her, she's facing more ethics charged in Alaska regarding her kids' travel, and some other petty stuff. She won't even be a Fox News guest at this point.
Perhaps if she were vetted...

As Cameron said in the interview, and has been stated many times elsewhere because of campaign leaks, she really wasn't vetted. It was a hail mary play. If she turned out to be halfway competent, then perhaps it would've worked (though I still don't think he would've won).

But, alas, the village mayor of the meth capital of Alaska could not be described as halfway competent.

I also agree with Cameron's overall douchiness. That's also why I think the fact these aides went to him to dish the dirt says something. They want to speak directly to the base who still respects her. They are making sure she goes down with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections