Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:04 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,918,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Your type of Christianity is so foreign to most Christians [ie "creationism"\ believing that God punishes homosexuals with hurricanes Primitive & non-traditional Christians like Baptists & Mormon believe quite differently than the majority of Christians world-wide.

As a Christian, I demand that my faith never be interjected into our government & resent those who call themselves 'Christian' involved in hateful & ignorant campaigns against other Americans.
My type? Have I ever once stated my beliefs to you or anyone else in this forum? I'll wait right here for you to go dig that up and then we shall continue this conversation....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:06 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,605,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
My type? Have I ever once stated my beliefs to you or anyone else in this forum? I'll wait right here for you to go dig that up and then we shall continue this conversation....
Are you, all of a sudden, ashamed to be a Christian or to be a Republican?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:10 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,621 times
Quote:
94% of all Americans believe in a God, or creator, with 84% practicing and or believing in some form Judao Christianity.

Complete ca-ca. Keep back-pedaling.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:13 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,605,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I think you are confusing evangelicals with the Westboro Baptist Church.

Parents have a right to teach their kids creationism. I lean against it being taught in science classes, but support it being taught through another venue such as a civics class or a debate class.
Sorry. Keep the 'Creation Story' in Sunday School where it belongs. If you'll learning how to work on a car, would you want the teacher to teach you about horse-drawn carriages? Keep nursery stories for babies not high school students.

470 posts, read 1,162,521 times
Quote:
I think you are confusing evangelicals with the Westboro Baptist Church.

Parents have a right to teach their kids creationism. I lean against it being taught in science classes, but support it being taught through another venue such as a civics class or a debate class.
Civics class how about sunday school and just leave it there lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Complete ca-ca. Keep back-pedaling.
Read it and weap

Largest Religious Groups in the USA

84% from 1996 down tom 82% today, sorry for the minor error. Over 90% believe in GOD

Come on, tell me again how Cristians are dumb dinasors that don't matter? I'm waiting. Next time you and your pinko friends are in a room laughing at all those "stupid Christians", realize you are likely offending 90 out of 100 people!

It just really gets under your skin now don't it? Again, your boy messes this up and we go right back to the right wingers!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:17 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,521 times
Quote:
Read it and weap

Largest Religious Groups in the USA

84% from 1996 down tom 82% today, sorry for the minor error. Over 90% believe in GOD
I believe in GOD but I'm not hardcore. In fact on alot polls and questionares I put down roman catholic as my religion, my dogtags even said that.

Point is I wonder how much percent of those 90% are the "hardcore" religious people.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,311,817 times
Quote:
A one party country is very dangerous. If the GOP does fade away, it will be the Democratic party that splits.

Why can't evangelicals and fiscal (small government) conservatives unite under one banner? Why do people on this forum HATE evangelicals so much?
Um...because they want to shove their idea of 'God' down our throats?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
I believe in GOD but I'm not hardcore. In fact on alot polls and questionares I put down roman catholic as my religion, my dogtags even said that.

Point is I wonder how much percent of those 90% are the "hardcore" religious people.
You know how to find out if you are hardcore or not? When you take your last breath of air and are in your last moment of awareness on this earth. Who do you call out to? Everything else you do between know and then is trivial.

Many many athiests have gone this route. My uncle, a life long athiest, cried out to God in his final days of life as he died from cancer. The morning of his death he said God had come to him the night before and told him he was going to die that day and he did.

That is what made me a believer. But I'm by no means a bible thumper.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Um...because they want to shove their idea of 'God' down our throats?
Thank God this forum doesn't represent the thinking of all Americans, even all young people for that matter. Internet forums are a very anti-Christian place. Ironic that you all are supposed to be an "enlightened generation" that is open minded, yet you won't tolerate any views but your own.

I don't want your believe in no God shoved down my throat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections