Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:15 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Last night, NBC reported from Iraq that commanders there recommend at least 3 more years of combat forces at current levels. We won't be leaving Iraq anytime soon. If we don't reach an agreement by Dec 31, we'll have to ask the UN to extend our stay or suffer the political consequences of occupying a sovereign nation by force. That's an act of war.

interesting. so what happens if the UN says "no".

What a can of worms this Iraq war has become.

I think at the present time, things are worst for Iraqi citizens.

I work with many Arab/ Middle East people, and they all say that they are grateful for US coming to try to help, but they also admit that day to day living in that region is worst now than before for many citizens of Iraq. I know a doctor who had to move his family to Jordan for safety. He still has extended family in the area and it is a bad time for him and his family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 11:17 PM

952 posts, read 3,706,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the poor guy always looks sad, but he's a good man.
the shoes look straight out of Pay-Less.

whatever, my shoes looks like that, THEY ARE COMFORTABLE! and they were sketchers. But I do like payless shoes because I am always broke
anyway...

Old 11-05-2008, 11:19 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
interesting. so what happens if the UN says "no".

What a can of worms this Iraq war has become.

I think at the present time, things are worst for Iraqi citizens.

I work with many Arab/ Middle East people, and they all say that they are grateful for US coming to try to help, but they also admit that day to day living in that region is worst now than before for many citizens of Iraq. I know a doctor who had to move his family to Jordan for safety. He still has extended family in the area and it is a bad time for him and his family
That's a good guess. The heads of the Iraqi government want us to stay. Iran wants us to stay. Osama wants us to stay. The people of Iraq just want peace. They could care less about freedom at this point. Freedom is killing them and disrupting their lives. I bet we stay even if it causes backlash. Besides, only 20 days left for Bush at that point....you know?

Old 11-05-2008, 11:24 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,987 times
I would have voted for Ron Paul. He wasn't even in OH's ballot. I don't agree with all of his policies, but he would have been an honest, respectable choice.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:30 PM

He was a candidate in Michigan and since the stupid Democratic National Party was playing games with the Dem Mich Party, I decided to take a look at other options.

Before I knew it, I was putting out campaign signs for Ron Paul, my DH was a very active volunteer for RP and the more I learned about him, the better I liked him.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:34 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,789 times
Quote:
paperhouse, thanks again for posting this. I forgot just how much I liked Ron Paul. His message still resonate within me.
My husband asked if I would have voted for Ron Paul against Obama. Being an AA, I was torn because of the significance to me personally of an Obama presidency. But, I really believe that Ron Paul would have got my vote, because his message just made sense to me. And he wasn't afraid to tell the truth. He said we needed to get out of the war... and period that is what he meant. Even Obama has tempered his get out of Iraq to what is it now, 18 months, or when it is responsible?

I guess you have to moderate your answers to get into the oval office. Maybe that is why McCain didn't win, because he wants to stay in Iraq "until the war is won" and he would not back off of that idea.

BTW? How will we KNOW when "the war is won"..... and what are WE (the US citizens) winning in this war? How can we measure a victory? When Iraq surrenders?? but we are not warring with Iraqi troops. When we get the bad guys? Who are the bad guys, where are they? How will we find them?

If we can't positively identify them, and we can't get a map mark where there headquarters or territories are... why are we still shelling, patrolling and getting killed.
WoW Ive been watching some more videos of him on the youtube and I really like some of his views (abortion, role of government on us, and others) but his national foreign policy views really make alot of sense.

I hated how in one debate when said something to the effect that the United States prior actions played a role in 9/11, Rudy spun it around. I didn't like Rudy already and this just makes him look more like a good ******, the ones who decry youre un-american for telling it like it is.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
That's a good guess. The heads of the Iraqi government want us to stay. Iran wants us to stay. Osama wants us to stay. The people of Iraq just want peace. They could care less about freedom at this point. Freedom is killing them and disrupting their lives. I bet we stay even if it causes backlash. Besides, only 20 days left for Bush at that point....you know?
And that is the sad truth.

I heard a wedding was bombed in Iraq... I guess it was US bombing and unintended loss of life... but still a bride (or groom, I can't remember which one) has lost the love of his/her life.

Another creation of an Iraq enemy for life and future recruit for the Taliban.

If it happened to you or your family, wouldn't you feel the same way?

Old 11-05-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
WoW Ive been watching some more videos of him on the youtube and I really like some of his views (abortion, role of government on us, and others) but his national foreign policy views really make alot of sense.

I hated how in one debate when said something to the effect that the United States prior actions played a role in 9/11, Rudy spun it around. I didn't like Rudy already and this just makes him look more like a good ******, the ones who decry youre un-american for telling it like it is.
Can't stand Rudy. His claim to fame was he was there when 9/11 happened which is more than Bush can say, ducking and dodging on Air Force 1.

But that is it! He had nothing else to bring to the table. And Rudy was another war monger. SMH.
just where in the hell are we supposed to get this money to pay for the military equipment, the troops, and then the construction companies needed to rebuild the bridges, roads and buildings that we just blew up. Oh and we still don't know really who we are fighting... just some 'terrorrists"

Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,789 times
K after reading and watching more about him, some of his ideas are kinda out there lol, I like his honesty though

Old 11-06-2008, 12:01 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
And that is the sad truth.

I heard a wedding was bombed in Iraq... I guess it was US bombing and unintended loss of life... but still a bride (or groom, I can't remember which one) has lost the love of his/her life.

Another creation of an Iraq enemy for life and future recruit for the Taliban.

If it happened to you or your family, wouldn't you feel the same way?
Sometimes you people are ridiculous.....let's try some facts now...

Iraq Development Program - Latest Iraqi News
Iraq Development Program - Archived News

20+ pages of advancements.....And the first story starts in Feb. 2007....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections