Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 AM

470 posts, read 1,159,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Sometimes you people are ridiculous.....let's try some facts now...

Iraq Development Program - Latest Iraqi News
Iraq Development Program - Archived News

20+ pages of advancements.....And the first story starts in Feb. 2007....
you actually fall for that, what the hell are they going to say in a "Iraq development program". When I was there it was a cestpool and I doubt much has changed, why do you think some troops just say blow the crap out of it and make it into a parking lot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 01:09 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
you actually fall for that, what the hell are they going to say in a "Iraq development program". When I was there it was a cestpool and I doubt much has changed, why do you think some troops just say blow the crap out of it and make it into a parking lot?
More detail? You were in every part of Iraq? When were you there? What were you there for?

972 posts, read 1,326,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I would have gladly cast a vote for Kucinich. I hope that Obama doesn't marginalize him especially after his speech at the DNC. Wake up America!
Yes I would have vote for him as well!!
I have that one bookmarked!

YouTube - Dennis Kucinich * WAKE UP AMERICA!!!* Dems Convention 2008

7,730 posts, read 14,102,677 times
Quote:
K after reading and watching more about him, some of his ideas are kinda out there lol, I like his honesty though
Some of his ideas, like the gold standard, doesn't make sense unless you understand what is wrong with the current monetary system.

Money As Debt

I don't agree with him on some social issues, but his personal opinion doesn't really matter since the Constitution would give control of those to the states.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:13 AM

24,341 posts, read 22,891,284 times
Ron Paul and Ralph Nader. Honesty can't win in politics.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:32 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,923,339 times
Quote:
K after reading and watching more about him, some of his ideas are kinda out there lol, I like his honesty though
I felt the same way as you about a year ago when I first found out about Paul. Was a little skeptical, but the more I read not just about him, but about the history of what he was talking about from other peoples perspectives, the more I understood what he was saying. At a high level, some of what he says might sound a little off, but when you really dig in and look at it to form your own opinion, you might change your mind. What Paperhouse said on the next page of this thread is good insight.

Anyway, Im always happy to see one more person show interest and support for Ron Paul.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:51 AM

472 posts, read 869,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Paul is used to being a vanguard. He has not wavered from his beliefs and views and has remained the same principled man for longer than a good number of forum creepers have been alive.

Obviously a humble man who wears plain comfortable sneakers, takes a brown bag sack lunch to work in Congress, gives back his Congressional pension to the government, and is still thin because he doesn't let special interest buy his lunch.

Crusty ole gramps, maybe so, boring to some, but he also flat out smoked every other Republican candidate in donations and fundraising during the primaries and most importantly of all, he had the youngest and most enthusiastic supporters who are now looking elsewhere other than the GOP. That should tell the Republican Party something when they cast aside their own future voters in favor of an 19th century day of the dead campaign based on negativity and divisiveness.

Like him or not, the guy is an icon of a road not chosen and will probably forever be thought of as "only if".

My hats off to Paul

Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,426,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Ron Paul and Ralph Nader. Honesty can't win in politics.
I agree, they cannot win due to the "Warren Harding Error" look it up.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,261,352 times
I salute Mr. Paul and only wish a third party had legs and a chance to overthrow the two corrupt establishments.

That picture genuinely made me sad...

Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 AM

532 posts, read 905,670 times
I'm thrilled with the outcome of the election- but part of me still wishes it would have been Ron Paul V. Dennis Kucinich.
Oh well. Maybe someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections