Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:30 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

Yes we all had a great night and we all witnessed history that many of us put in many hours to help make. I have spent the last month knocking on hundreds of doors and making Lord knows how many calls (which is why I have not been on here much lately).
I would like like to ask all of us to do what President Obama would have us do and that is to take victory with humility. It is time to put away the signs, take off the stickers and not "rub it in" on the other side. Remember that President Obama says we are all Americans and we all have to get along to the best extent we can.
I know it is tempting to say the other side did and I agree. In fact I still see "W" stickers on cars. But I think President Obama would say that he wants his supporters to rise above that petty crap. And we should do as he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 05:31 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,674 times
You mean follow Fuhrer Obama?

Old 11-06-2008, 05:43 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
Did they hold elections for POTUS in the UK ?.....Did YOU vote for Obama? ARE YOU JUST TROLLING perhaps?

I agree with you Kev,but I also REFUSE to take ANY crap from a right wing idiot.If they want to continue to let them cry elsewhere.The neoCONS had their chance and they screwed it up to where we may never come out of it.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:46 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
And we should do as he wants
I'm referring to this.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
KevK;6034530]Yes we all had a great night and we all witnessed history that many of us put in many hours to help make. I have spent the last month knocking on hundreds of doors and making Lord knows how many calls (which is why I have not been on here much lately).
I would like like to ask all of us to do what President Obama would have us do and that is to take victory with humility. It is time to put away the signs, take off the stickers and not "rub it in" on the other side. Remember that President Obama says we are all Americans and we all have to get along to the best extent we can.
I know it is tempting to say the other side did and I agree. In fact I still see "W" stickers on cars. But I think President Obama would say that he wants his supporters to rise above that petty crap.
Well said, and graciously, too.

Quote:
And we should do as he wants.
That all depends on what he really wants.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
And we should do as he wants.
He and the rest of the dems want YOUR 401K !!!! You gonna give it to them ? By the way, your grip on it is slipping...

Just give it to them already... That is what they want !

Old 11-06-2008, 09:36 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post

With his evisceration of the Constitution, gunboat diplomacy and funneling of the national treasury to his military contractor cronies I think Bush is much more deserving of the Fuhrer title. Sieg Heil Bush! May you rot in hell for all the suffering you've inflicted on the world.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:03 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,188 times
Many of us saw thru Bush the corporate wh@re and war criminal from the very beginning. I think we're entitled to a little gloating after the rest of the country got on board, after 8 years of Bush the National Nightmare. I think we're entitled to gloat after a complete repudiation of the murderous policies that we've been opposing all along. I think we're entitled to gloat for being proven right for opposing the destructive political and economic policies of the extreme right.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

That all depends on what he really wants.
No sane person would ever just "allow" a leader to do "whatever" without standing up and saying something about it.

This idea that Obama "supporters" will blindly follow him off the edges of the earth is silly and unwarranted. We voted him in because we want him to make things better. Voting someone in doesn't mean the supporters blindly agree, in advance, with every single thing the person in power may do. I think we all need to relax a little around here.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:51 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,664 times
I'm glad Obama won and I will shout it from the moutain tops. Free at Last, Free at Last, Thank God almighty we are free at last!!! Finally, free of the Bush administration, this is a great day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections