Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 03:55 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times

Advertisements

michele obama star trek - Google Search

Perhaps the operative word for the dress is Star Trek and not Black Widow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 03:56 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I thought wow, I bet she bought that dress with her own money and it probably did not cost as much as a Cindy McCain's handbag.
You are so right about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Actually, I was looking at the smiling faces of the girls, the loving looks between a family that worked hard and feels great.
That's what I saw, they were so proud and their smiles were so incandesent it was hard to see anything else. I actually had to go back and look at the pictures to see what the OP was talking about.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:57 PM

Speaking of candidates and clothing have you seen the latest?
Lawyer to retrieve Palin's clothes - The Denver Post
PHOENIX — Sarah Palin left the national stage Wednesday, but the controversy over her role on the ticket flared as aides to John McCain disclosed new details about her expensive wardrobe purchases and revealed that a Republican Party lawyer would be dispatched to Alaska to inventory and retrieve the clothes still in her possession.

What gives with this, a lawyer to get the clothes back? Whats this about?

Old 11-06-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
michele obama star trek - Google Search

Perhaps the operative word for the dress is Star Trek and not Black Widow?
Works for me--a futuristic look for a campaign that looks to the future.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:15 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
I thought the black edging was supposed to minimize her hips. As a large bottomed woman, I thought it was designed well but the actual execution of the piece needed help. If they had run the red pattern all the way to the hemline it would have been set off better.
I like Michelle Obama, she's real. The average size for women in the U.S. is 14.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I thought the black edging was supposed to minimize her hips. As a large bottomed woman, I thought it was designed well but the actual execution of the piece needed help. If they had run the red pattern all the way to the hemline it would have been set off better.
I like Michelle Obama, she's real. The average size for women in the U.S. is 14.
Cindy and Sharon aren't?

Old 11-06-2008, 04:20 PM

Zardari’s Palin flirt earns him a fatwa - World Affairs Board

Zardari’s Palin flirt earns him a fatwa

LAHORE: The prayer leader of the infamous Lal Masjid in the heart of Islamabad has issued a decree against President Asif Zardari for publicly making indecent gestures towards the American Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin during their Washington meeting, saying the act was un-Islamic and Zardari has shamed the entire Pakistani nation.

Delivering a sermon at the Lal Masjid the other day, the prayer leader Maulana Abdul Ghafar, who is a close relative of the fanatic Red Mosque cleric Maujlana Abdul Rashid Ghazi, who was killed by security forces during Operation Silence in July 2007, said that President Zardari’s indecent gestures, filthy remarks and repeated praise of a
non-Muslim lady wearing a short skirt is not only un-Islamic but also unbecoming of a head of state of a Muslim country.

He said that the manner in which Zardari shook hands with Sarah Palin and expressed his deep desire to hug her is intolerable and shameful.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Aww, that's too believable. Go ahead, be practical.

Meanwhile, back in Gotham City, let's think about those conspiracy theories.... Michelle's secret message to the leaders of the world is about spiders.... hmmm....

Well, it seems obvious to me: She's a super hero. Cool, we elected a POTUS and got Spider Woman to boot! Talk about handy--she could use her "spidey sense" to warn us whenever Putin's up to something. And shoot spidey webs to trap those pesky terrorists lurking in the rose garden. Now that's what I'd call one helluva great first lady!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
This is your sorry attempt at inventing some reason to criticize her. There was nothing to suggest the dress was more in tune with funeral parlors. It was not all black, it did have striking red areas. I didn't pay attention to her dress until reading fashion police opinions, it was a vibrant dress, something one might wear to a party or upscale restaurant.
I agree. It looked out of place at an outdoor rally.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
LOL, hey, this has been fun. I did google "black widow dress" and there were three responses that were related to Michelle Obama. Which is not exactly what I would call "all over the internet" but even though the pickings were meager they were very entertaining.

So here's what I found: The first one was written by GodlikeProductions Conspiracy Forum. This is one bizarro site. The other top stories today: "Archaeologists discover 12,000 year-old grave of witch doctor" and "Hens eggs exploding because of hot-air balloons." I kid you not, check it out! Godlike conspiracy forum

Then a poster on liveleak wanted to know "Any Subliminal Messeges, Illuminati secret codes, or hidden meanings in Michelle's black widow dress?" She didn't have any responses.

The last one is a facebook page in which the OP suggests Michelle looks pregnant or is sending a secret spider message. 8 people responded, mostly mocking the OP, although one said it might be "some kind of African mystical stuff"

After that the Google links are just halloween costumes.

Ooooh, I'm shaking in my boots at the thought of these respectable internet sites all discussing the omen of Michelle's dress!
Okay, [MOD CUT] try this:

obama black-widow - Google Search

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-06-2008 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: don't get personal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections