Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:52 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times

Advertisements

A friend of a friend is a well-known psychic who works with the FBI & Scotland Yard to help find missing people. She's solved many cases by locating the bodies through her "abilities". I am not a "real" believer in psychics, but her track record is impressive.

She told my friend last year that the new president (this was before Obama was even nominated) would start the country in a new direction, that they would start the healing of the planet & would also die in office.

I hope the last part of her prediction doesn't add to her track record!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
Yikes JungleGeorge, scary.

I'm actually pretty concerned. There are a LOT of nuts out there and some would likely see this as the feather in their cap.

I'm sure security will be as good as it can be, but I can't help but be a little worried.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakesDrifter View Post
If the Secret Service can keep bush (one of the most depised presidents ever) from getting picked off, they can surely protect Obama!

Those helicopters you see flying around when the president is in vicinty more than likely are scanning around with infrared cameras... So anyone hiding out behind a wall or in a building with a rifle would stick out like a sore thumb. The JFK assasination would never have happened if they had that technology deployed back in 64.
cold rifles would stick out on infrared?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times
I'm worried as well. Lets face it there is a nut out there as we speak. You don't need to look to another county. I do think that things are better now than it was in the 60's and even better than Reagan. Could it happen I'm sure we do have the internet now that I think has helped. I think because he is black and there are still people like in the 60's that see him as something that he isn't. I think we saw some of this message in people at the McCain rallies. Do people believe he is a threat because he is a terriost or Muslim. I hope that his kids don't attend public school. I know Amy Carter did but I think the the better safe choice is better. I was thinking the other day as people said what a history this is. How far we all have come. If someone tries to hurt him or kill him it will be sad for sure and like a slap in the face that mabe we are fooling ourself that we haven't come anywhere. I pray this doesn't happen but I wouldn't be surprised that someone tries it.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
As much as I dislike Obama, I would not like to see him assassinated. I hope all attempts are thwarted. I had a friend in High School who'd dad was secret service and was a bodyguard for Reagan. That's the only thing we knew. He otherwise never talked about his work or that's all he was allowed to say. They are trained very well. The lady I work with...Her father was also secret service and she said he told her that they have to undergo background checks every 5 yrs. and if ANY association they have formed is questionable they are fired. I suppose to decrease the incidence of rogue agents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections