Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 09:23 AM

973 posts, read 2,229,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
A few examples of 'assault weapons' that will be banned:
Don't forget what else is an "assault" weapon in the proposed ban in June 2008:
A Ruger 10/22, one of the most common target and small game hunting rifles that is so weak that criminals would choose any revolver over it. It has been sold in high quantity for decades:
http://www.keepshooting.com/productimages/firearms/rifles/ruger10_22carbinebig.jpg (broken link)
Many versions of the Remington 870 pump-action shotgun, one of the most common target shooting, hunting, and home defense shotguns, which has been sold in high quantity for decades:

Many versions of the Remington 700 bolt action rifle, one of the most common target shooting and hunting rifles, which has been sold in high quantity for decades:

The number of 10/22, 870, and 700 firearms that are owned by the public number in the millions. This ban will turn millions of citizens who have never committed a crime in their life into felons if they wished to purchase another, since it bans the sale and transfer of banned firearms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 09:25 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
A few examples of 'assault weapons' that will be banned:

Hmmm....
I like the converted version myself. BTW, same as the last rifle pic except it has different furniture. Want to ban this just because it looks scary? Good luck.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/ak47nut/civilianaks/myak103photo17zt8.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 AM

972 posts, read 1,330,965 times
ya'll are trippy. you need to take down elephants?
I must have missed the part that said there was still buffalo roaming the range
HAHAHA.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Well....they WILL ban certain firearms ismply because they look scary,that is pretty much what the AWB is all about.

People should read VERY carefully the last paragraph of the AWB I posted....

A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
ya'll are trippy. you need to take down elephants? HAHAHA.
Thats it???

That is your measured and logical response when shown what is proposed?

And yet you complain about others....

Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
ya'll are trippy. you need to take down elephants?
I must have missed the part that said there was still buffalo roaming the range
HAHAHA.
No, this is an elephant gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FCY3_5Bg1M

I think you would have to unload the entire 30 round mag to take down an elephant on an ak.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:30 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,313 times
Quote:
ya'll are trippy. you need to take down elephants? HAHAHA.

Nothing posted so far (before quoted comment) would be very adequate for elephants.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Thanks for the enlightenment
Care to explain the last paragraph and how that is reasonable?

It would be much easier if the Obamatrons would simply and openly state they do not CARE about the 2nd Amendment at all,because it would then be out in the open....

Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 AM

972 posts, read 1,330,965 times
Quote:
Well....they WILL ban certain firearms ismply because they look scary,that is pretty much what the AWB is all about.

A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.

In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.
What your problem with that? I read is *carefully*

Old 11-07-2008, 09:32 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:

A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.
Means the model 1911 handgun I have that my grandfather carried in WWII is an "assault weapon" because it was/is "procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections