Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
This is one of the most hilarious threads on this site. You gun nuts sure like to get worked up over nothing. So says a guy with a few Remington shotguns and a couple of Beretta pistols. Get a grip . . .
Maybe when someone messes with a right you find important you'll understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 05:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Hahahaha!!!!

Boy! They fell for it!

And the gun store owners, who helped spread the fear along with gun manufacturers, are REAPING THE BENEFITS!!!!!!
Can gun buyers speak or do they just BAAAAAA!!!!????

Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Maybe when someone messes with a right you find important you'll understand.
I understand and appreciate this right, but nothing on the table is going to affect me. Those it might affect have other viable options. Again, get a grip . . .

Old 11-07-2008, 05:56 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
I can't wait, it will be like Mexico in that only the bad guys will have guns and everyone's family will bow down to the drug dealers. Awesome.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I understand and appreciate this right, but nothing on the table is going to affect me. Those it might affect have other viable options. Again, get a grip . . .
Then don't expect us to stand up for your rights when they don't affect us. See the problem with your attitude?

Old 11-07-2008, 05:59 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,733 times
Quote:
Then don't expect us to stand up for your rights when they don't affect us. See the problem with your attitude?

They are not gonna take the guns, they are stimulating the economy by making ya'll scared so you go on a buying spree. LOL.
Just ask the gun dealer in the thread if it's working...

Last edited by chasingclouds; 11-07-2008 at 06:19 PM..

Old 11-07-2008, 06:03 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Quote:
For the same reason I don't want someone telling me what car to buy, what color paint to use, what music to listen to, etc. It's about having the freedom to live my life without others controlling it. An M1 Garand is a piece of history. My grandparents used them in war to stop the Nazis (one of my grandfathers used a Springfield 1903 back in WWI also). I've got one of my grandfather's military issued 1911 handguns, one he carried defending our freedom against the Nazis, and used quite a bit. An AR-15 is a semi-auto lookalike of our military's current weapon (the real M-16 is full-auto). People like it for that reason alone, or they like the feel or it, the ammo it uses, its looks, the way the gun operates. The Ak-47 is arguably the best designed rifle of all time, incredibly reliable and tough. Those available here are also only semi-auto. But they still offer the great reliability the actual AK-47's offer, and you can't deny their significance in modern history. There's no reason why anyone should be denied the right to make choices based on their own preferences. I don't like the AR-15 myself, I'd prefer an AK or an SKS, but I'm not forcing my opinion on another person. If someone wants a rifle with a bayonet on it who cares? My 1893 bolt-action mauser (all 4 feet and 10 pounds of it, a real bear to lug around) has a nearly 2ft long bayonet on it, makes modern bayonets look like toothpicks. I've never done anything wrong with it. If someone wants a forward pistol grip on their rifle why shouldn't they? It makes it easier for some people to handle. As for numbers of guns...some people, like myself collect them. I like older guns myself, but a lot of people want the most recent modern technology, the same as some people collect cars or tools or video game systems or whatever. I have an antique Russian Nagant revolver that's old enough so it could theoretically have been one of those used during the Russian Revolution to execute the Tsar (even if it wasn't one of those, we'll never know the exact ones used, it's a true piece of world history). I have it because of my interest in history and because it's the strangest revolver ever made.

Get my point? Killing is illegal already, it is illegal for felons or the mentally insane to own guns or even ammo. There's no reason to punish people who have done nothing to harm anyone. The original AWB had no effect on crime. The FBI tried hard to find anything that would show it did and they couldn't. Clinton himself, who was an ardent supporter of the ban, admitted it accomplished nothing. It's not unreasonable for those of us who have harmed no one, committed no crime in our lives, to ask to be left alone on this issue.
Arctic...I have to spread the love, but consider yourself repped. And this from a lass who actually loves to shoot.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Just ask the gun dealer in the thread if it's working...
The gun dealers are the ones making all of the 'sky is falling' posts . . .

Old 11-07-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Like I said, for every firearm on any potential AWB list there are viable options. Buy those instead and stop your bitching . . .

Old 11-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Like I said, for every firearm on any potential AWB list there are viable options. Buy those instead and stop your bitching . . .
Hmm, why did those Blacks want to sit in the front of the bus when there were "viable options"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections