Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Discuss. What would you have done?

Someone else posted YOUR story, too!

In fact, if I were you I'd start suing!

"Your" story is posted all over the Internet...people claiming they own YOUR company!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 09:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
KevK - Calling customers before you send somebody is called management and managers simply do not have time for such trivia. They have to be business meetings at some fancy resort. Most businesses could be run by the boss’s secretary and the shop foreman.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:30 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Discuss. What would you have done?
Y'all need to learn to hit the "report spam" button when you get that crap in your email.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:27 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
This goes against what we were taught in business school. Nowhere did we learn to fire first all those who voted for a specific political affiliation -- that's plain idiotic. You retain your best workers and encourage them to stay. Period. You also have to worry about your reputation, if you have a reputation of firing based on some silly personal prejudice, you won't be able to attract the employees that should work for you.

Good luck with the lemonade stand.
A few points.

1. I sincerely wish that Obama supporters would quit calling everything posted on this forum challenging him as trolling. True, some posts might be trolling, but 99% you guys try and call trolling are not. All I have to do is a search on Palin here, read posts by Obama supporters and you can clearly see whom was doing the trolling.

2. I don't care what you say about the matter. If it becomes necessary to release some of my employees based on Obama's tax policies or otherwise, the employees who supported Obama will go first. They elected him, they can live with his anti-business policies. And there is nothing you or anyone can do about it.

3. I predict, as I did during the entire election (person feel free to paste my past bad prediction here) that Obama will become a mini-Reagen and actually hold off on tax increases, capital gains increases and so on. His advisors will not allow for it. All he did was campaign on "Take from the evil rich and give it to the poor," to win votes. It's not going to happen anytime soon. Why? Because it can't and yes, even Obama is smart enought to know it can't. Obama will be forced to be a conservative Republican for the first 3/4 of his term.

And if you think I'm the only one whom feels this way, think agian. Millions of small business owners feel the same way.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:33 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
What you do with your 'business' is your perogative. I am not debating the alleged millions of business owners that feel this way - I would not know as I have not seen validated empirical data to prove this theory. Lacking empirical data, I would not speak for the millions of business owners as I have not had time to meet them all to be able to conduct my own study -- so I will not speak for them.

My point is simple. Laying people off based on political affiliation goes against the grain of what is taught at every reputable business school. If I had indicated that I would lay people off based on political affiliation, I would have been the object of ridicule and would have failed the course. I am merely providing my opinion as you have yours. I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours.

And trolling is posting a letter to start a thread without naming the source so it appears that the OP wrote the letter to start a flame war. And not checking to make sure its been done before. It's people's perogative to call a spade a spade. Is it trolling? Who knows.. but I know it violates TOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
A few points.

1. I sincerely wish that Obama supporters would quit calling everything posted on this forum challenging him as trolling. True, some posts might be trolling, but 99% you guys try and call trolling are no ot. All I have to do is a search on Palin here, read posts by Obama supporters and you can clearly see whom was doing the trolling.

2. I don't care what you say about the matter. If it becomes necessary to release some of my employees based on Obama's tax policies or otherwise, the employees who supported Obama will go first. They elected him, they can live with his anti-business policies. And there is nothing you or anyone can do about it.

3. I predict, as I did during the entire election (person feel free to paste my past bad prediction here) that Obama will become a mini-Reagen and actually hold off on tax increases, capital gains increases and so on. His advisors will not allow for it. All he did was campaign on "Take from the evil rich and give it to the poor," to win votes. It's not going to happen anytime soon. Why? Because it can't and yes, even Obama is smart enought to know it can't. Obama will be forced to be a conservative Republican for the first 3/4 of his term.

And if you think I'm the only one whom feels this way, think agian. Millions of small business owners feel the same way.

Last edited by minibrings; 11-07-2008 at 10:45 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,501 times
Quote:
(sigh) I guess that means when I hire the guys that are being let go I should make sure I only hire the Obama supporters.

My best lead carpenter voted for McCain, I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face just because we might disagree in politics. He makes me money and that's the bottom line.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:56 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
I wonder what the correlation is between "good workers/employees" and which candidate they voted for? I bet I could almost guess and would be right about 95% of the time.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,459,448 times
I know that CEO, the head of Neanderthal Industries (now based in China).

Old 11-07-2008, 12:06 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You don't own a business. You post here way too often, I don't believe you for a second. I worked for myself for years, and 12-16 hours days were not uncommon. I had no time to start stupid threads all day on the interwebtubes.
Actually, there are many business owners who have "people" to manage the day to day operations for them (like myself and the business owners that I had worked for). I had one boss who made 500K a year (I saw his tax records) - he sat in his office, played on the internet for most of the day and once in a while he'd come out and act like the boss.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,188,984 times
Ok folks, this exact thread was closed yesterday for the exact same reason. The OP is an email chain letter, like so many before, then the entire thread, all three pages, is essentially neener neerer series of personal attacks, flame war, and off topic nonsensical ranting at each other. Sadly, I expect someone to repost this same letter probably today. People, don't do it, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections