Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:29 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,598,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
The dow has shed 200 since his speech. So much for that post election bounce.

The man is a great speaker...when he has a speech to read in front of him. Today? aaaaaaaannnnnnnd, uuuuuuummmmmmm, uuuuhhhhhhhhhh.

I love how he dodged the question of schooling for his kids. You'd think that a guy like Big O would choose public over private since he wants so much more funding. This man is just another "do as I say, not as I do" political blowhard.
I love how when people take time to make decisions it is considered 'dodging.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 02:30 PM

714 posts, read 1,533,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Which is your opinion. My opinion is that by having a team of people who support him on stage and in front of people it gives them a face to his "experts". It shows the people responsible for solving this "crisis" and it shows the American people a form of transparent government.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Great thing about the US ain't it
I understand and it is great! If we respect him, we shouldn't need 15 people to reassure us that he knows what he is talking about....IMO.....

I might start calling him "Group Barack" instead of "President Barack"

Old 11-07-2008, 02:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,598,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
I will not shut up. You can get over that. It was just that I cannot agree with him on ANYTHING...something as little as how many people should/ should not be on a stage. It's a simple observation, but very true.
I understand, really I do. W. has not done one single thing since he was 'elected' that I agree with. However, now I've said it, I don't ever have to say it again.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,699,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I love how when people take time to make decisions it is considered 'dodging.'
I am just saying that a man who has such a raging [mod cut] for all this funding would actually even consider a private school. Does he have no faith in the D.C. public school system?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-07-2008 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,151,172 times
Jesus the ignorance shown by the Obama haters on this thread alone is disgusting.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,226,583 times
Quote:
I understand and it is great! If we respect him, we shouldn't need 15 people to reassure us that he knows what he is talking about....IMO.....

Actually it's not all that usual. Incoming Presidents often do that since EVERYONE is always curious as to who he is being advised by.

Ken

Old 11-07-2008, 02:34 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,287,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
And if he stood by himself, you'd say he's an ego maniac. Give it up. You've been marginalized. You might not agree with his policies, fine. Try to explain why without personal attacks on the next President. Don't you think you owe the office that much respect? Now shut up.

/did not vote for Obama. Have several worries about his plans.
Thanks Paperhouse. We have to move forward folks. I think the fact that Obama is quickly convening a team representing workers, businesses, gov't, etc. to discuss the economic realities so quickly after the election is a good sign. The jobless report this week was a disaster. Retail sales projections look scarier than ever and GM and the other automakers are going through billions like water being poored into a leaky bucket. At least Obama knows he can't wait until he is sworn into office to have a plan. We should all want to see this economy get back on track so haters should try to put the partisan jabs aside and maybe spend more energy praying that our leaders (from all parties) will be given the insight and fortitude to make the right decisions during the most difficult time many of us have ever seen in our lifetime.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:34 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,227,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Which is your opinion. My opinion is that by having a team of people who support him on stage and in front of people it gives them a face to his "experts". It shows the people responsible for solving this "crisis" and it shows the American people a form of transparent government.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Great thing about the US ain't it
Agreed. We still don't know who Cheney consulted with on energy policy.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:36 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,185,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Jesus the ignorance shown by the Obama haters on this thread alone is disgusting.
Jesus the ignorance shown by the Obama lovers on this thread alone is disgusting.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:36 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,910,800 times
Quote:

That is my point. Just because you are President does not mean you know everything. If that was the case there would be no advisers. There would be just the President making decisions.

He doesn't know what he is talking about. Neither did McCain and neither did Bush or any other President when it came to certain topics. Great leaders surround themselves with great people and to have the humility to openly admit that you have advisers and to show that as well to me shows that. When he says "we" and there is a "we" behind him it makes me feel more confident than some hidden group of "advisers" or "experts" that no one can identify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections