Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:55 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,780 times

Advertisements

Win the election brought out a very nasty vulgar side of me. Now I know it's all over and "The Special One " will be commander in chief I feel really feel sorry for her. She really is taking a lickin' from everyone and I can't imagine what it must feel like to have people you thought were your buddies turn on you the way these vultures have.
Reminds me of something my late father would say. "Vultures all living off the same carcass".

Any one else had a change of heart?

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 11-07-2008 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 01:58 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,372,592 times
You should feel worse for McCain for allowing this to happen by picking her to begin with and then hiring such incompetent campaign managers. Everything about McCain including himself, management, and palin was an embarassment and I am glad its being exposed now.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Win the election brought out a very nasty vulgar side of me. Now I know it's all over and "The Special One" will be commander in chief I feel really feel sorry for her. She really is taking a lickin' from everyone and I can't imagine what it must feel like to have people you thought were your buddies turn on you the way these vultures have.
Reminds me of something my late father would say. "Vultures all living off the same carcass".

Any one else had a change of heart?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE asked for it when she said "Yes, I will run"

She got what she deserved.

She was touted as tough pit bull....surely she should be able to take the arrows of a campaign !

She was touted as tough and independent....wasn't she?????

And with that out-sized unearned ego I don't think she needs sympathy.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
You should feel worse for McCain for allowing this to happen by picking her to begin with and then hiring such incompetent campaign managers. Everything about McCain including himself, management, and palin was an embarassment and I am glad its being exposed now.
Some times you can only kick a person so much.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE asked for it when she said "Yes, I will run"

She got what she deserved.

She was touted as tough pit bull....surely she should be able to take the arrows of a campaign !

She was touted as tough and independent....wasn't she?????

And with that out-sized unearned ego I don't think she needs sympathy.
Anyone who knows me will describe me as a pit bull but even pit bulls can only take so much.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:04 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,581 times
I don't feel sorry for her one bit she knew she was being used like a dirty attack dog to tell lies and stir up falsehoods and she willingly did the attacking. She is shameful. Im glad she is going right back where she came from and if she thinks she can run again in the future on her own bid, the repubs will tear her to bits.

She would have NEVER have survived the nominating primary process had she gone thru it, and she never will.

Picking her was the worse thing McCain did, but it's his fault too, he should have known better.

I'm not paying attention now much to her or speaking my mind much after the fact, but I in no way feel sorry for her after the evil hypocritical things she said.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:04 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times
She is a politician. She knew what was going to happen. I feel nothing for her because she will probably get a 7-8 figure book deal for her memoirs (which no one should care about).

What I want to know is if the kids are really getting married. If they don't then her and McCain need to go gently into the night because that was a huge part of why people did not like her.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
She is a politician. She knew what was going to happen. I feel nothing for her because she will probably get a 7-8 figure book deal for her memoirs (which no one should care about).

What I want to know is if the kids are really getting married. If they don't then her and McCain need to go gently into the night because that was a huge part of why people did not like her.
We'll I hope Levi gets into his truck and take off for California....poor kids shouldn't go through with it.

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 11-07-2008 at 02:23 PM..

Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
She may be a politician, but I doubt she had any idea what was going to happen. Mostly because she happens to be an obtuse politician. She didn't see anything wrong with what she said or did, and I'm sure the reaction around the country came as a total surprise to her. Well, she's had her 15 minutes of fame, and now she can go back to Alaska, shoot a couple of moose, and forget the whole ordeal. If she's lucky, Alaskans will re-elect her as their governor.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:09 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
I feel sort of bad for Palin because I think she really came into it with good intentions (well in her mind at least) although she was way over her head. She was a pawn in a chess game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections