Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times

Advertisements

He is terrible speaking on the stump. Wonderful with a teleprompter but awful otherwise.

He's going to make GWB look like a great orator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 PM

196 posts, read 444,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
How many years before everyone stops using Bush as an excuse for what Obama is. Bush is over. Get over it. The attention is on Obama now and he doesn't look good.
I don't dislike Bush, but you have to admit if we're talking about how well our politicians speak, we have to bring him up.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:43 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvpunk View Post
I doubt it, the man has certainly been asked tough questions before on the spot and in interviews. But since we are on the subject I think it's because ultimately what the bailout is is to help those concerned with healthcare reform and oh, job creation!
Interviews were pre arranged questions so he could study the answers.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:43 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,764 times
Obama is our TELEPROMPTER president.
Without the teleprompter, he almost sounds like PALIN!!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:44 PM

945 posts, read 1,972,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvpunk View Post
I don't dislike Bush, but you have to admit if we're talking about how well our politicians speak, we have to bring him up.

Well, I am not a Bush fan at all, but he is the past. It is all about Obama now.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
How many years before everyone stops using Bush as an excuse for what Obama is. Bush is over. Get over it. The attention is on Obama now and he doesn't look good.
Yes the attention is on Obama now isn't it!..............

Old 11-07-2008, 06:49 PM

196 posts, read 444,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Interviews were pre arranged questions so he could study the answers.
Even Bill O' Reilly? That's long stretch, but I'm willing to believe it if it can be proven, kind of like ghosts, bigfoot, and nessie.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times
Would of liked to hear someone ask him how he felt about Russia and the missiles they are deploying.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
One of the very few good things I can think of about Obama was his speaking ability. I thought that would be one plus among the zillions of negatives. However, I was shocked at his speaking ability today. He is a major league stutterer. Does he have some sort of medical issue that causes it or is he struggling to come up with answers that won't sound foolish. I know he did a lot of that during the election season, but I figured he was desperately trying to avoid a mistake. But here he is doing the same thing. I don't think I can go for years listening to that.
He stutters when he does not have a teleprompter or written text to read from.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:55 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Obama is our TELEPROMPTER president.
Without the teleprompter, he almost sounds like PALIN!!!!
You got it backwards. Palin does not need a teleprompter. Do you remember her first speech to the nation (when nominated for VP)? The teleprompter's technician had problems pausing for the applause, and Palin had to continue speaking from memory, and a couple of times improvised to fill the gap.
Obama's problem is stuttering. Have you ever heard Gordon Liddy speak? When he was young, he had a bad stuttering problem. Later, with a lot of mental training, he solved the problem, and nowadays one can't tell that he stuttered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections