Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:45 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times

Advertisements

Incredible that "Extra" would run a story about how Michelle Obama's coture will make her the next Jackie Kennedy then the very next story was about the 'scandal' of Palin's Neiman-Marcus duds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 05:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Incredible that "Extra" would run a story about how Michelle Obama's coture will make her the next Jackie Kennedy then the very next story was about the 'scandal' of Palin's Neiman-Marcus duds!
I believe MIchelle pays for her own clothes!

Old 11-13-2008, 08:40 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

The above two posts are disrespectful, talking about the "lefties" having thier fangs out, implying people wouldn't know something if it hit them in the face, drinking the kool-aid, following like lemmings. None of this is disagreeing respectfully.

I found a number of others, but I don't want to get a post deleted for a personal attack.

I take it you're not going to do any more of that?
The posts you plucked don't come close to the posts I was responding to. I definitely fight fire with fire. But I disagree the posts are anything close to what I've seen here from the left. I was furious when writing those posts so they're very strong.

And I will continue to post as I always have. When people respect me, I respect them. When they don't, neither do I. But I stand by my statement that I am never hateful. I give as good as I get.

I'm so glad you refrained from personally attacking me. I'm not sure I agree.

As far as Sarah Palin is concerned, she's not going anywhere. She is part of our future. I'm looking forward to seeing he work her way toward her next challenge. I'm proud to see her serve as a representative for the Republican party.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
It's hardly a personal attack to quote your posts. After all, if you don't want it quoted, don't post it! And I've seen way worse from the right.

I think Sarah's next challenge may be meter maid of Wasilla.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:51 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,812 times
I have absolutely no problem with my posts being quoted. These, however, were pulled from other threads and no one has any way of knowing what they refer to. Generally speaking, members don't pull posts from previous threads to prove a point.

I'm flattered you follow my posts so closely.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:52 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's hardly a personal attack to quote your posts. After all, if you don't want it quoted, don't post it! And I've seen way worse from the right.

I think Sarah's next challenge may be meter maid of Wasilla.
You think they have meters there? Well, maybe a couple in front of the laundromat/polling place, I suppose.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
The posts you plucked don't come close to the posts I was responding to. I definitely fight fire with fire. But I disagree the posts are anything close to what I've seen here from the left. I was furious when writing those posts so they're very strong.

And I will continue to post as I always have. When people respect me, I respect them. When they don't, neither do I. But I stand by my statement that I am never hateful. I give as good as I get.

I'm so glad you refrained from personally attacking me. I'm not sure I agree.

As far as Sarah Palin is concerned, she's not going anywhere. She is part of our future. I'm looking forward to seeing he work her way toward her next challenge. I'm proud to see her serve as a representative for the Republican party.
Who do mean "our"? I hope you mean right-wing nutjobs. That ditz will have nothing to do with my future.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:52 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,185 times
Can you Imagine how many librarys would be gutted If Palin became president? All the Harry Potter books burned, along with anything written by a gay author.
Surely most run of the mill republicans would not want to see her run.
I have nothing against her, she seems like a nice person but honestly there's no way that she has what It takes to be the leader of the free world.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Palin wasn't the big hit she thought she'd be at the governor's conference.....didn't make many friends...and they were all Republicans......what's she gonna run on next the "I Love Caribou" ticket?

Old 11-14-2008, 01:32 AM

998 posts, read 1,513,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by who?me?! View Post
palin wasn't the big hit she thought she'd be at the governor's conference.....didn't make many friends...and they were all republicans......what's she gonna run on next the "i love caribou" ticket?
Mooselini - 2012!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections