Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 04:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times

Advertisements

TomDot,

Suppose you provide some verification that the rape-kit story is false. Here is a quote about the former police chief of Wasilla.

Quote:
After taking over as Mayor of the small town of Wasilla, Palin fired the longtime local police chief. The former police chief, Irl Stambaugh says he was fired because he stepped on the toes of Palin's campaign contributors, including bar owners and the National Rifle Association.
I don't think this is her sister's ex (the guy who tasered his kid).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Quote:
Of all the people who have known, met, or worked with Gov Palin over the 40 odd years that she has been on this planet. Not a single one of them has come out with a single bad word to say about her character?
This is not even true. Plenty of people in Alaska have plenty of unflattering things to say about the governor's "character".

Hi, Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl
And dig a little deeper. There is a poster on this forum who is from Wasilla and knows Palin and doesn't have much positive to say.
I've never lived in Wasilla; I have relatives who do (Wasilla, though geographically beautiful, is basically an ugly town and I am glad I never lived there, though I did consider it). I lived in Talkeetna for quite a few years though; fairly close to Wasilla by Alaska standards. I spend my time now between Prince of Wales Island and Oregon. I've spent a lot of time in Wasilla though.

Quote:
Can you provide links? I'd seriously be interested in reading first hand accounts by reasonable, responsible "people" who "know" Sarah Palin.
Lyda Green, the head of the Alaska State Senate as well as a staunch republican. I won't Google up a link; I don't have time; they're out there and easy enough to find.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 11-08-2008 at 04:50 PM..

Old 11-08-2008, 04:32 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,834,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Someone on this forum says they're from Wasilla and you accept that as gospel? Sounds like someone who bought into the "hope" and "change" rhetoric.

"People"? So far the only "people" who are questionning her motivations, morals and honesty are "people" who won't go on the record.

Can you provide links? I'd seriously be interested in reading first hand accounts by reasonable, responsible "people" who "know" Sarah Palin.

I'd watch out for Sarah Palin if I were you. She'll be coming around again.

I sure do- this person is a long time poster in the Alaska forum and talked about being from Wasilla for a very long time before Palin was thrust into the spotlight.

You can feel free to run your own search of this forum- you'll find the information you're looking for.

The only path to DC Palin has would be if she names herself to replace Stevens if he loses his seat- and I would not put it past her. And thank god she can only do that on a temporary basis until a new election is held.

By the way, there is an effort to recall Palin as Governor because of her ethical violations.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
The only path to DC Palin has would be if she names herself to replace Stevens if he loses his seat- and I would not put it past her. And thank god she can only do that on a temporary basis until a new election is held.
Unfortunately, this could be a very real scenario, and the people of Alaska would probably vote her in.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:36 PM

502 posts, read 1,065,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Unfortunately, this could be a very real scenario, and the people of Alaska would probably vote her in.
Hell, they voted Stevens back in.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Hell, they voted Stevens back in.
I suppose being a convicted felon doesn't mean much to a lot of them; Alaska does rather have a sizeable amount of felons living there.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:11 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I sure do- this person is a long time poster in the Alaska forum and talked about being from Wasilla for a very long time before Palin was thrust into the spotlight.

You can feel free to run your own search of this forum- you'll find the information you're looking for.

By the way, there is an effort to recall Palin as Governor because of her ethical violations.
I'm sorry, but I don't consider this forum a viable source of information. Anyone can be on here and make themselves into whoever they choose to be. It's even easier than Facebook. I could be a man for all anyone knows. Or I could be a Senator. Or even a child. The possibilities are endless.

However, I'll take your word (since I have no time to search for the person) that there is a person on this forum who doesn't like Sarah Palin. She must be part of the 15% who didn't approve of her up there before she was picked as a VP candidate.

You can't please all the people all the time. But I do know this from my research ..... almost every story out there about Sarah Palin right now is false. It is a vicious ugly smear because she is such a threat to the left wing.

There are many more paths for Palin to D.C. as you will see over the next few years. You can't wish this stuff away and for every person who spits out filth about Palin, there are hundreds, possibly even thousands, of us who support her.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:19 PM

838 posts, read 922,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Palin is not qualified to be VP nor President.
If she is not qualified to be VP then Obama is certainly not qualified to be VP.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:21 PM

838 posts, read 922,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Yes, It would seem rather scary to have someone like that in any form of government, when she was duped by a radio dj, thinking he was the Prime Minister of France. I thought she was just playng along with that prank, but the actual fact that she truly believed it , without verification, goes to her mental stability and judgment.
You are not thinking correctly by assuming. The staff thought it was the Prime Minister and ok'd it, then they handed her the phone....it was solely the staff's fault.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:28 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Of all the people who have known, met, or worked with Gov Palin over the 40 odd years that she has been on this planet. Not a single one of them has come out with a single bad word to say about her character?
Yet, there have been many posts by people on this board actually remarking about her lack of morals and character.
Doesn't that make you people first class ignoramouses?

That was a rhetorical question.
Is that a vanilla or chocolate ignoramousse?

Seriously, these threads about "poor Sara" are hilarious!

SHE put herself in the politcal arena....anyone who doesn't KNOW what that entails shouldn't be IN the political arena.

Her words and actions, HER words and actions, not MINE, have lead me to believe she has a severe case of moral shortcomings.

Her character is that of an empty-headed, ignorant, power-crazed ego-maniac.

IF I didn't know about her previous 40 years that's HER fault for hiding it.....and I don't think it would've made any difference....if she had spent those forty years in a convent....the Sara I learned about is STILL an empty-headed, ignorant, power-crazed ego-maniac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections