Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Iran can naff off.
Yea you say that....with no knowledge of this country's capability...we best have a strong presidental leadership or we may be doomed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 12:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
BS,
Obama has said ALL ALONG that it unexceptable for Iran to have nuclear weapons.

60 Minutes interview in Feb or 2007:

"KROFT: Would you advocate the use of military force to keep Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons?

OBAMA: I think we should keep all options on the table, but I think that our first step should be a much more aggressive approach to diplomacy than we've displayed thus far. And I think this is an example of where our blundering in Iraq has cost us dearly. Iran's the big winner from the Iraq War. They have gained immeasurable strength in the Middle East, and because of the strains that it's placed on our alliances and our leverage with other countries around the world, it's made it more difficult for us to be able to mobilize international pressure to get them to stand down from what I believe is a process of developing nuclear weapons."

Transcript Excerpt: Sen. Barack Obama, Read A Transcript Excerpt Of Steve Kroft’s Interview With Sen. Obama - CBS News

"I mean think about it. Iran, Cuba, Venezuela – these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union."

"They don't pose a serious threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us."

"You know, Iran they spend one-one hundredth of what we spend on the military."

Old 11-08-2008, 12:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
The information was taken from Obama's Web site

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Foreign Policy
But interpreted by YOU, and likely based on the BS espoused by the Obamabashers featured on FOX News and other Right Wing sources.

My interpretation of the information posted there is ENTIRELY different - and more in line with the reality of the situation.

Ken

Old 11-08-2008, 12:32 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
If Iran abandons its nuclear program, incentives will be offered like membership in the World Trade Organization. The World Trade Organization will allow for Iran to trade goods with blah blah blah, thus increase their blah blah blah.... We are willing to sit down with Iran and discuss this important matter....
Note the bold portion carefully.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:33 PM

In His Interview With Bill O'Reilly, Obama Called Iran A "Major Threat":
Obama Called Iran A "Major Threat." Fox News' Bill O'Reilly: "Is Iran part of that component?" Obama: "Iran is a major threat." (Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor," 9/4/08)

But Obama Has Said That Iran Does Not Post A Serious Threat To The United States:

Obama Said Iran Is "Tiny." Obama: "I mean think about it. Iran, Cuba, Venezuela - these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose a serious threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At Campaign Event, Pendleton, OR, 5/18/08)
  • Obama: "You know, Iran, they spend one-one hundredth of what we spend on the military. If Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn't stand a chance." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At Campaign Event, Pendleton, OR, 5/18/08)
Republican â€Â¢ National â€Â¢ Committee (http://www.gop.com/news/NewsRead.aspx?GUID=7c7cda52-cbf9-47f4-ad9c-0f9a6257731c - broken link)

Old 11-08-2008, 12:34 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
Yea you say that....with no knowledge of this country's capability...we best have a strong presidental leadership or we may be doomed...
The USA never negotiated with terrorists and the world knows that....

The terrorists tend to hide themselves around regular people (civilians).

Just like in Syria.... if a terrorist is found with a bunch of civilians and children, the goal of the USA is annihilate the terrorist, so everyone around the terrorist gets blown up with the terrorist.

So, the lesson here is don't hang out with terrorists because if the USA sees a terrorist, that person will be annihilated by the USA regardless of whoever is around this person.

WILL OBAMA CHANGE THIS????

Last edited by ShoppingCartLaw; 11-08-2008 at 12:42 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

"I mean think about it. Iran, Cuba, Venezuela – these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union."

"They don't pose a serious threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us."

"You know, Iran they spend one-one hundredth of what we spend on the military."
Your point?

Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
BS,
Obama has said ALL ALONG that it unexceptable for Iran to have nuclear weapons.

60 Minutes interview in Feb or 2007:

"KROFT: Would you advocate the use of military force to keep Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons?

OBAMA: I think we should keep all options on the table, but I think that our first step should be a much more aggressive approach to diplomacy than we've displayed thus far. And I think this is an example of where our blundering in Iraq has cost us dearly. Iran's the big winner from the Iraq War. They have gained immeasurable strength in the Middle East, and because of the strains that it's placed on our alliances and our leverage with other countries around the world, it's made it more difficult for us to be able to mobilize international pressure to get them to stand down from what I believe is a process of developing nuclear weapons."

Transcript Excerpt: Sen. Barack Obama, Read A Transcript Excerpt Of Steve Kroft’s Interview With Sen. Obama - CBS News
All along huh? When you stand on both sides of situations it's easy to act like you have always been right as long as when you were wrong it's conveniently overlooked.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
All along huh? When you stand on both sides of situations it's easy to act like you have always been right as long as when you were wrong it's conveniently overlooked.
Obama's stand has been the same all along: It NEVER hurts to be willing to talk. That DOESN'T mean you GIVE IN on your positions. But I guess that argument is just too subtle for you.

Ken

Old 11-08-2008, 12:42 PM

He is on both sides on every subject so if something succeeds he can take credit and if something fails he can say he opposed it.

Along with your original quote to me and the ones I quoted that's a back and forth stance. But whatever I digress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections