Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:35 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times

Advertisements

Obama: with election over, U.S. must work together - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081108/pl_nm/us_usa_election - broken link)

Quote:
This speaks to a fundamental recognition that here in America we can compete vigorously in elections and challenge each other's ideas, yet come together in service of a common purpose once the voting is done," Obama said in the Democratic Party's weekly radio address
Now my 1 question is, why is the time to work together suddenly now that the election is over? Why wasn't the time for the US to work together during the Pres. Bush administration? We only must work together when a democrat is in office? If a republican is in office we must be divisive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 08:40 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Yes, it's always been time to work together, but in the end, it really does depend on us. We have been divided for a long time. Our country is in splinters. We can indeed work together now, or not...and keep suffering. I agree with Obama. Whether or not other people do each person's own individual decision.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:02 AM

858 posts, read 2,235,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Obama: with election over, U.S. must work together - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081108/pl_nm/us_usa_election - broken link)

Now my 1 question is, why is the time to work together suddenly now that the election is over? Why wasn't the time for the US to work together during the Pres. Bush administration? We only must work together when a democrat is in office? If a republican is in office we must be divisive?
I think what he meant was the campaigning between the two have been one side against another, and now that the election is over, that both sides should come together as one people. That's all.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:54 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Obama: with election over, U.S. must work together
good luck with that

Old 11-09-2008, 08:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Too few Republicans left to worry about. The White House, the Congress, the Senate are all democrat. The ball is now in their court. The democrats must show their confidence in their politicians by buying stock, building businesses, employing people and paying them high wages, paying their profits to the Obama administration. You can't sit around and wait for the few Republicans to do that for you.

Don't wait too long to invest your money in that stock market because it's important that you do. If businesses lose stock, they lay off or they close and the workers lose their jobs.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Given the hostility I see from some of the rabid McCain supporters here, I don't know that Obama's desire for people to work together is going to be possible.

Then again, the most vocal over the last few days tend to be some of the most ignorant, small minded posters here.

So maybe the intelligent people who voted McCain will realize the importance of working together and make their voices heard.

The eggheads who can't accept that their candidate lost can stay under their bridges and complain for the next four years rather than try to become involved in fixing our broken country.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:03 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Given the hostility I see from some of the rabid McCain supporters here, I don't know that Obama's desire for people to work together is going to be possible.

Then again, the most vocal over the last few days tend to be some of the most ignorant, small minded posters here.

So maybe the intelligent people who voted McCain will realize the importance of working together and make their voices heard.

The eggheads who can't accept that their candidate lost can stay under their bridges and complain for the next four years rather than try to become involved in fixing our broken country.
I would say worse for the Obama supporters here.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:10 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
You are very wrong. It's time for the accusations to stop and for progress to begin.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post

Don't worry about the working together. It hasn't been the case for the past 8 years, and the democrats are the overwhelming majority now. Republicans are just a few over-the-hill people living in the past, forget about them and get going supporting the new Obama economy.

You guys have to invest in the stock market, build businesses and create high paying jobs. Don't sit around waiting for the people you despise so much when all we've heard is "yes we can", don't start with the "no we can't" now.

I was so very disappointed that you huge majority Obama voters didn't buy stock Nov 5 and you let the stock market take a dive. You can't be letting that happen. Otherwise joblessness higher than 6.1% is right around the corner.

Last edited by malamute; 11-09-2008 at 10:19 AM..

Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
The media will crucify obama. I hold his supporters in unconditional disdain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections