Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,290,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

That is a riot; the kid is pathetic. I don't know who can invigorate America's youth today. As one comment under the video read and pretty much sums up much of today's youth:

Some kid who can't wait to get back home, sit on the couch and play video games until his heart stops beating from blocked arteries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,290,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

Oh my gosh, that is priceless; I'm hysterically laughing.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,560,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it's time to quit focusing on Bush and Cheney. They're in the process of packing their bags. You guys have a stock market to save, I noticed you didn't run out Nov 5 and buy many stocks but don't wait too long to show your brimming over confidence for the Obama economy because you need to start showing it now. If you don't then the joblessness which was high (6.1%) when Obama was elected could start to rise.
Just so you know, I borrowed against my house to purchase stock 2 weeks ago. 7K worth. It's a buyers market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's a new day. Stop dwelling on the past. Get out and do some of that volunteerism for Obama, get to the homeless shelters and prepare them some meals, clean some toilets for them, or volunteer at the Head Starts -- any thing. Start organizing some new businesses so that you can employ those jobless people you so worry about, that means taking your money, putting in many long hours and hard work.

It's time for you to do something. Turn your hatred into something positive.
I've long volunteered. I wont be "starting" anything, and will be continuing it with newfound spirit.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Just so you know, I borrowed against my house to purchase stock 2 weeks ago. 7K worth. It's a buyers market.

I've long volunteered. I wont be "starting" anything, and will be continuing it with newfound spirit.
That's very very good, I would hope all Obama supporters will do the same, especially with the stock market and investments because if they don't, then times are not going to be great. That's all. I realize many are waiting until after he's in office and that's why stocks fell on Wednesday but I think it's not wise to wait too long.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:20 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,932,832 times
When Bush attacked Obama before the Knesset.

Bush said, "Some people believe the United States should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along."
"We have heard this foolish delusion before as Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared: 'Lord, if I could only have talked to Hitler, all this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is — the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history."

Old 11-09-2008, 11:47 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,356,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Oh my gosh, that is priceless; I'm hysterically laughing.
I know I saw this the other day.

My speech to the nation........whatever it is...

LOL.

Is our children learning?

Too many OBGYNs aren't able to practice their LOOOOVE with women.

Fool me once...Shame on....shame on you.....Fool me.........you can't get fooled again.

OH, God, it is hysterical........

Old 11-09-2008, 03:00 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,932,305 times
The day they got elected was enough as far as I am concerned. I was against them from the start but I was constantly told that I was crazy. It seems that I wasn't so crazy after all. I wasn't for Gore or Kerry either. Neither major party has had a decent candidate for decades now.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:31 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,951,644 times
"Mission accomplished."

Old 11-09-2008, 03:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
That is a riot; the kid is pathetic. I don't know who can invigorate America's youth today. As one comment under the video read and pretty much sums up much of today's youth:

Some kid who can't wait to get back home, sit on the couch and play video games until his heart stops beating from blocked arteries.
That is great! I think Obama people are going to have to get out the canes and whips to motivate some of the kids today.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:45 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,299,822 times
All the bashing of Bush, that's what I revile the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections