Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 12:49 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I can't BELIEVE you never got that memo. I'll forward it to you right away! (Note to self: Add Siouxcia to the Secret Lazy Sex-Having Pot-Smoking Out-of-Country Traveling Leftie Club)
Party on!! (We're all Lesbian's right?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 12:57 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
Ok I'll say it because I know someone is thinking it....

Here are what I consider Democrats (stereotypes of course)

So this is how you think the US will now be?

YouTube - If The Other Party Wins (HQ)

Old 11-10-2008, 06:20 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's ignorant to think a policy change shouldn't have you look at the situation. It's even worse that you provided no info but a little bit of trollism.
Of course it is. But exactly what policy is being talked about that requires someone (who claims to be a business owner) to pre-emptively start laying off people or scaling back contracted work, before they even have a clue what the legislation will look like? What policy oh King Troll-a-Lot?

They're talking about a ban on smoking in all bars and restaurants in Michigan. Should all the bars and restaurants that allow smoking now start closing their doors? Or laying off staff?

The answer is none of the above. Most businesses wait until after legislation is introduced, with the actual wording, before they think about how they will adjust or absorb the changes.

Get back to us when you guys don't have to make up stuff to have a debate.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:36 AM

439 posts, read 617,077 times
Buy more weapons and ammunition.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I joke about Christmas not coming because America is now on Santa's " Naughty List".
I think people are either uneasy about the future or else in a real funk. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better the next few years and I seriously doubt Obama will be able to change that, we'll be lucky if he doesn't make things worse.
The stock market will keep going down possibly to 7,000. I just read on Drudge where the 2 trillion dollars we loaned the banks and financial institutions is being kept behind a smokescreen, nobody wants to say what securities were bought with them.
WTF?
I'm generally an optimist, thinking things happen for a reason, things will work out, just think positive, type, even if I am a conspiracy theorist at heart. But I've completely down right now and have no faith in the government whatsoever. America's best days are probably gone forever and the most anybody can hope for is to fight and scratch for whatever's left.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:49 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Sure, this country would do so much better with everyone making minimum wage or less, with no protection on the job , no paid days off, working 12 hours seven days a week...maybe we could lower the working age to 8 or 9...what a great country that would be!

Can't answer where you get your disability check from????
2.1 million jobs are at risk unless you come out of your childrens pocket to bailout the union to the tune of 50 billion dollars of which half of that is going to benefits for the employees....hope your children at least get a thank you letter.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
You're both insulting Teatime. I'm sure she's quite capable of answering a question...even if neither of you think so.

luzianne:""That is not the same as welfare that goes to people who don't want to work and health care and education for people who are in our country illegally""

How about the giant WELFARE check that our government (BOTH parties) gave to the wealthy of Wall Street? How about the huge WELFARE check (70 billion) of our taxes that was given as BONUSES to CEOs whose companies FAILED and needed bailing out?

Guess you don't mind that....but it's a good thing that YOU don't get to decide who DESERVES government assistance or not
Apparently this must be troll time.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:52 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Interesting that some forms of welfare, and no doubt it is welfare, are defined as money from Don't cross that conservative line of who deserves this 'non-wefare' government money or you'll be judged to be on the welfare teat. Hilarious.
That is a rather large leap of logic, there.
Fiscal conservatives (and no, that does not mean republican) are well aware that there are people who will need help from the government so that they do not end up living in the street, or is some modern form of an institution. The elderly would be one group, and the disabled another. As would children.
What fiscal conservatives despise is the welfare system that has devolved into such fraud that generations of families have become dependent upon it....enslaved if you will. That is wrong for the country, but more importantly it is wrong for those people. Imagine living without any hope of leaving the housing project you, your mother and quite possibly your grandmother was born in.
Fiscal conservatives are fine with temporary welfare, to help people get back on their feet as it was originally intended. Don't you agree?

Old 11-10-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
That's hilarious! You have ignored ANY and ALL pertinent or "inconvenient" questions since posting here.
Right now your the drama queen of that hypocritical cake:

Have you made any changes in anticipation of an Obama presidency and its impact on your life?

Old 11-10-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Of course it is. But exactly what policy is being talked about that requires someone (who claims to be a business owner) to pre-emptively start laying off people or scaling back contracted work, before they even have a clue what the legislation will look like? What policy oh King Troll-a-Lot?

They're talking about a ban on smoking in all bars and restaurants in Michigan. Should all the bars and restaurants that allow smoking now start closing their doors? Or laying off staff?

The answer is none of the above. Most businesses wait until after legislation is introduced, with the actual wording, before they think about how they will adjust or absorb the changes.

Get back to us when you guys don't have to make up stuff to have a debate.
Your argument means you'll wait till your in the deep crap before deciding on what to do....some people have a little better fore thought. Some people actually think conservatively....maybe 4 years from now the economy will be booming and all will be fine and the assumptions something should have been done were wrong. However proactive versus reactive is still the much more intelligent course of action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections