Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:47 AM

38,689 posts, read 26,493,526 times

Advertisements

"We FINALLY have an intelligent, articulate, leader we can be proud of."

Articulate, yes. Intelligent, not really. Leader, absolutely not.

A leader doesn't say he'll do one thing and then do another for political expediency. When the mortgage meltdown that Obama and the rest of the CBC caused was threatening the entire economy McCain said he would return to Washington to help fix it. Obama initially said he would stay on the campaign trail to serve his political self interest even mocking McCain for not continuing to campaign as well. After McCain lead the way back to DC, Obama followed because it is his nature to do so. He will spend the next four years seeking approval for his decisions from those who surround him and hesitate at critical moments. He can't help it. He is a follower by nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:38 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,126,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
muleskinner, now that was a real classy reply. If you want your thoughts and opinions to be taken seriously by others then you've failed with that last post of yours. Move along.
sailordave :The average conservative and republican are willing to serve their country either in the military, police, or firefighter.

I hope you find this post a bit classier Dave.

Did you go check out whoserved or are you just going to stay blissfully ignorant and happy?I get the impression that you seem to be one of those little goonbobs that thinks putting a uniform on of any kind instantly makes you a hero and gives you fifty more pounds of ass.If that's the case you should be patting me on the back too.I "served" as a LEO for quite a spell and I've "served" as a volunteer FF and gave up personal time to do it.So exactly what was your point in this statement Dave?

I think you should prove that to me,because I don't believe you in the least.I worked in three states under different admins...2 dem Sheriffs and 1 repub Sheriff....1 dem mayor and 1 repub mayor and the rabid right wingers were nowhere to be seen "serving" (as you call it) because they were washed out as to stupid and a danger to the public and to themselves(the old BadCopNews site was completely plastered with right wing racists and morons).Most successful LEOs I've met over the years and knew well were moderate dems who kept their politics to themselves in the interest of self preservation should the admin change and leave them riding the wrong horse.

In the interest of fairness to you though Dave,the BEST LEO admin I ever worked under BY FAR was a republican Sheriff who supported us fully with NO crooked politics or micro management involved at the street level.I was proud to work under him and he took an unbelievable amount of political heat for some of the things his troops did.DUI to a repub prosecuting attorney,child molestation charges on a repub precinct head,hit & run w/injury/fatality involved DUI conviction on a CEO of a local manufacturing outfit who was a MAJOR repub money donater and very active in local/state politics on the repub side of the aisle....he even fed his own appointed Chief Deputy to the wolves on drug charges when they were proven to HIM to be true.

That REPUBLICAN Sheriff was a good,decent and honest man and the "conservative" repubs that you gush so much about left him out to dry and he lost his bid for re-election due to the fact that he was a straight shooter and didn't let politics dictate the law.I witnessed it first hand so there's your "conservative" morals for you.I quit the day he lost because he took it deep for being honest in a dishonest party and I supported him for that.

Not all repubs are bad in my eyes Dave,just the stupid ,lying ,backstabbing ones and the jury is still out on which you are.

Make me happy,at least go check out the "whoserved" site before you reply to this post so the jury doesn't judge you unfairly.I'm hunting for common ground with you Dave,not just bashing you.

Last edited by Swampmonster; 11-10-2008 at 08:11 AM..

Old 11-11-2008, 10:42 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Let's try to be a little less obnoxious. Both sides have been rude to each other. How about both sides stop acting like children?
Yes. Being insulting is pretty childish. That's why I stopped going to Yahoo Answers.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:13 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,651,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"We FINALLY have an intelligent, articulate, leader we can be proud of."

Articulate, yes. Intelligent, not really. Leader, absolutely not.

A leader doesn't say he'll do one thing and then do another for political expediency. When the mortgage meltdown that Obama and the rest of the CBC caused was threatening the entire economy McCain said he would return to Washington to help fix it.
Nothing here explains your comment about intelligence.

And the irony of your comparison to McCain and Obama is pretty entertaining - primarily for what you leave out. Revisionist history much?

Obama did, in fact, follow McCain to Washington. But it was because McCain had Bush invite both candidates to a 'summit' on the topic. Obama said he was mostly going to stay out of the way and leave it to the folks involved in the negotiations all the way to do their work. And he did.

But, the really funny part is that Obama said "there is no need to cancel the debate," while McCain very explicitly said he was going to go to Washington and not leave until the deal was done. That was Wednesday. He "hurried" there, Thursday morning after his Wednesday interview and his Thursday speech. That evening, he reiterated that until there was a signed deal that he was not going to the debate.

Friday came and he went to the debate, defending his decision by commenting that they seemed really close.

Oops.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:17 PM

998 posts, read 1,518,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Nothing here explains your comment about intelligence.

And the irony of your comparison to McCain and Obama is pretty entertaining - primarily for what you leave out. Revisionist history much?

Obama did, in fact, follow McCain to Washington. But it was because McCain had Bush invite both candidates to a 'summit' on the topic. Obama said he was mostly going to stay out of the way and leave it to the folks involved in the negotiations all the way to do their work. And he did.

But, the really funny part is that Obama said "there is no need to cancel the debate," while McCain very explicitly said he was going to go to Washington and not leave until the deal was done. That was Wednesday. He "hurried" there, Thursday morning after his Wednesday interview and his Thursday speech. That evening, he reiterated that until there was a signed deal that he was not going to the debate.

Friday came and he went to the debate, defending his decision by commenting that they seemed really close.

Oops.
Isn't that the same evening that McCain told Letterman he had to cancel his appearance because he needed to hurry to Washington, and then went and did an interview with Couric instead?

Old 11-11-2008, 11:50 PM

16 posts, read 43,854 times
CLEARLY - you all missed the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections