Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:53 PM

714 posts, read 1,544,673 times

Advertisements

Who cares. I suppose you want to take away his right to do so? and I don't even like the guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM

181 posts, read 1,078,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Where in the White House will Obama go to smoke his cigarettes? Will he have to stand next to a door outside and blow the smoke out?
Probably the same room that Laura Bush smokes her cigarettes in. She probably showed him what room it is on the tour today.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 AM

24,509 posts, read 23,228,838 times
He can smoke in bed.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,281,467 times
Does Laura smoke? I kind of like that, if she does.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:00 AM

809 posts, read 1,206,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
He never quit. The guy smokes like a chimney.
Can ATF help him with that?

Old 11-11-2008, 08:09 AM

7,024 posts, read 11,443,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Bush = RUMOR
obama = ADMITTED drug abuser
At least Obama came clean about his drug use during his younger years. Apparently, even while under oath in a court of law, the idiot you wish to defend never owns up to any of his past or present indiscretions. I would go so far as to state that both of you think he and Brownie did a heck of a job and that selective rules apply to those who commit the CRIME of perjury in a court of law. Too bad running America into damn near 3rd world status is only considered acceptable by the rednecks who remain brainless, clueless and in denial.

Quote:
Convicted of Drunk Driving, and Lied to Cover It Up

George Bush now admits that he was convicted of drunk driving. On September 4, 1976, a state trooper saw Bush's car swerve onto the shoulder, then back onto the road. [The Bush camp spin that he was driving too slowly is simply a lie.] Bush failed a road sobriety test and blew a .10 blood alcohol, plead guilty, and was fined and had his driver's license suspended. His spokesman says that he had drunk "several beers" at a local bar before the arrest. Bush was 30 at the time. He now says that he stopped drinking when he turned 40 because it was a problem.
More troubling, Bush lied in denying such an arrest, and still won't take responsibility for his actions. His first reaction was to blame Democrats and Fox News -- the only openly conservative TV network -- for reporting the story. "Why [was this reported] now, four days before the election? I've got my suspicions." He refused to say what his suspicions are, though. Bush admits covering up the story, but seems to think he has no responsibility for the failure of his cover up.
In fact, just like Clinton with Monica Lewinsky, Bush has brazenly and repeatedly lied to cover up and minimize this arrest. 1. Bush Lied at his Press Conference, 11/3/2000

Bush said he paid a fine on the spot and never went to court. That is clearly a lie, as you can see on this court document showing his court hearing a month later. In fact, it was a man also in court for DUI the same day who revealed Bush' arrest. Here is exactly what Bush said in his press conference:
Bush: "I told the guy I had been drinking and what do I need to do? And he said, "Here's the fine." I paid the fine and did my duty...."
Reporter: "Governor, was there any legal proceeding of any kind? Or did you just -- "
Bush: "No. I pled -- you know, I said I was wrong and I ..." Reporter: "In court? "
Bush: No, there was no court. I went to the police station. I said, "I'm wrong."

2. Bush Lied in Court, 1978

Bush got a court hearing to get his driving suspension lifted early, even though he had not completed a required driver rehabilitation course. He told the hearings officer that he drank only once a month, and just had "an occasional beer." The officer granted his request. But Bush continued drinking for 8 years after that date and has said publicly that he drank too much and had a drinking problem during that time. Presumably Bush was under oath during the hearing, though we haven't been able to pin down that detail. The Bush campaign refuses to comment on this contradiction.
George W. Bush, Jr. - The Dark Side

Old 11-11-2008, 08:11 AM

7,024 posts, read 11,443,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ91 View Post
Probably the same room that Laura Bush smokes her cigarettes in. She probably showed him what room it is on the tour today.
Exactly. But of course there still remains that portion of this country who thinks race is a determining factor as to when double standards should apply.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-11-2008 at 08:24 AM..

Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,462,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
At least Obama came clean about his drug use during his younger years. Apparently, even while under oath in a court of law, the idiot you wish to defend never owns up to any of his past or present indiscretions. I would go so far as to state that both of you think he and Brownie did a heck of a job and that selective rules apply to those who commit the CRIME of perjury in a court of law. Too bad running America into damn near 3rd world status is only considered acceptable by the rednecks who remain brainless, clueless and in denial.
We know.
Bush didn't use drugs.
Clinton didn't inhale.
Monica didn't swallow.

What in the world does that have to do with rednecks?

Old 11-11-2008, 12:59 PM

8,650 posts, read 17,294,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not entirely
Yes it is.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:01 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,434,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Where in the White House will Obama go to smoke his cigarettes? Will he have to stand next to a door outside and blow the smoke out?
Don't actually know him that well, but smoking is surely not a good habit for ppl.......a walking flippen ashtray...and what about second hand smoke for ppl around him and whomever smokes..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections