Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,217,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I doubt she would be offered a position and if she were she should not take it. Sarah Palin does not have the welfare/entitlement/you owe me/wealth redistribution attitude that will be so essential to working in an Obama administration. I suspect Sarah and Todd Palin would take their commercial fishing boat out in the worst weather imaginable to try to earn money by bringing in a good catch before they would sit there with their hands out expecting someone to give them Free Stuff.
No, but they did take that bigasp check for the oil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 05:16 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,442,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Ughhhhhh.......we are hearing more from the VP than the actual nominee. Why can't she keep a low profile?
Because she is a desperate famewhore who believes the republican hype surrounding her "popularity". Unfortunately, she's too dumb to realize that her racist supporters are not the majority and are suffering from brain frost.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:21 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,651,095 times
Quote:
Sarah Palin does not have the welfare/entitlement/you owe me/wealth redistribution attitude that will be so essential to working in an Obama administration. I suspect Sarah and Todd Palin would take their commercial fishing boat out in the worst weather imaginable to try to earn money by bringing in a good catch before they would sit there with their hands out expecting someone to give them Free Stuff.
Hmm...Has she or Todd publicly announced a new approach?

Quote:
America's welfare state

From The Economist print edition
Federal spending supports a third of all Alaskan jobs, according to the Institute for Social and Economic Research at the University of Alaska in Anchorage.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:28 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,496,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Hmm...Has she or Todd publicly announced a new approach?
The key word is 'jobs'. Holding an actual job is a foreign concept to many who support BO.
The APF give out $1000 per year to each Alaskan citizen. Now really, that is chump change compared to what an enterprising Democrat in the lower 48 should be able to milk the system for.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:21 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,941,632 times
Isn't Sarah great..? She gets far more press that the dumbo elected to office, Everyone loves and craves more of her, no one has time for poor, neglected Obama.
She is a superstar and the future of our country. Better start loving her, she is going to be around for a long time....

Old 11-12-2008, 06:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,288,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
If she believe the lies she told about Obama during the campaign, I find it hard to imagine that she would be willing to work for him. Would she really want to pal around with someone who pals around with . . .
Which lies? Try to be specific.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,288,352 times
Quote:
The key word is 'jobs'. Holding an actual job is a foreign concept to many who support BO.
The APF give out $1000 per year to each Alaskan citizen. Now really, that is chump change compared to what an enterprising Democrat in the lower 48 should be able to milk the system for.
LOL Valid point.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:26 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,460,697 times
Quote:
I doubt she would be offered a position and if she were she should not take it. Sarah Palin does not have the welfare/entitlement/you owe me/wealth redistribution attitude that will be so essential to working in an Obama administration. I suspect Sarah and Todd Palin would take their commercial fishing boat out in the worst weather imaginable to try to earn money by bringing in a good catch before they would sit there with their hands out expecting someone to give them Free Stuff.

What are you talking about?...Caribou Barbie and her Wasilla hillbilly family took 150,000 in free clothes...I didn't hear them complaining.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:28 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,503,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Because she is a desperate famewhore who believes the republican hype surrounding her "popularity". Unfortunately, she's too dumb to realize that her racist supporters are not the majority and are suffering from brain frost.

YouTube - Silly, Toothless Negro is Maniacally Laughing

Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,653,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Palin says she'd be honored to help Obama - CNN.com

The Alaska governor said in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer that she would be willing to help if Obama asked her for assistance on some of the issues she highlighted during this year's campaign, such as energy or services for special-needs children.

Good for her! This is the way things should be. You rally around the guy that was elected and get over pettiness, and offer your assistance.
If I were in Obama's position, I would take her up on this in a heartbeat.

I would give her a full time position working on Special Needs stuff - both the stuff underfunded by NCLB and helping to connect research. I'd give her a powerful and competent co-chair or some such. And I would turn her loose!!

Sarah Palin's very capable of taking her pit bull with lipstick routine very seriously and blowing the whistle on anybody who crosses her or doesn't keep a commitment - which is something that much of education needs.

Yes, she is a loose cannon, yes she has areas of ignorance large enough to drive a fleet of mack trucks through, but I think Obama wins with such an appointment and, totally honestly, I believe those children and their families would, too.

I hope it happens. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections