Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 11:13 PM

838 posts, read 924,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What a joke! "The Babysitter's Club" books, perhaps? Nancy Drew? Viola Swamp? Gimme a break!
Not true, shouldn't listen to the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
She couldn't name a single publication for Couric, yet, we're supposed to believe that she meticulously reads them from cover to cover.

She could name what she reads, she didn't get to be governor by stupidity but smarts, she refused to name what she reads because she thought the media would clober her as she said. She was told what to talk about by campaign in those first interviews....anyone realize the media is brutal and anxious to ruin a candidate they don't want? The Biden debate proved she is very knowlegeable and well spoken...even msnbc people thought she won that debate.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:30 PM

998 posts, read 1,518,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
She could name what she reads, she didn't get to be governor by stupidity but smarts, she refused to name what she reads because she thought the media would clober her as she said. She was told what to talk about by campaign in those first interviews....anyone realize the media is brutal and anxious to ruin a candidate they don't want? The Biden debate proved she is very knowlegeable and well spoken...even msnbc people thought she won that debate.
I think you're wrong.

We'll just have to let this one go.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maincoon View Post
I am glad she is finally giving me the opportunity to know her. At first, I thought she could be GOP's Obama. Boy, was I wrong! After Bush, I don't think country will ever be in the mood to elect a dumb president again.
Palin is more intelligent than Obama is many ways. Remember how poorly he did in debates with Hillary and bad judgement on things.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
Palin had an abortion once. So gals are jealous of that? Your saying that gals want to have abortions?
Don't believe everything you hear.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:11 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,486,579 times
[quote=clsicmovies;6190863]She could name what she reads, she didn't get to be governor by stupidity but smarts, she refused to name what she reads because she thought the media would clober her as she said. She was told what to talk about by campaign in those first interviews....anyone realize the media is brutal and anxious to ruin a candidate they don't want? The Biden debate proved she is very knowlegeable and well spoken...even msnbc people thought she won that debate.

Are you kidding????? Palin is knowledgeable about Alaska...nothing else. She does not belong on the national political scene. She's proven that over and over for us. Also, MSNBC never said that. You are clearly delusional.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:22 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,453,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
You misread me. I don't trust them either, except for hard news.

Like "Wildfire in California". The rest is just opinion and you guys need to realize that.

Opinion.

It's not mind control.

You can't control it anymore than I can control right wingers on FOX or Olbermann on MSNBC.

People need to take accountability for themselves and quit worrying that someone is going to convince someone else of something.

It's life. Our preachers, our media, our government, our families, our friends, our enemies - all try to steer us. And yes, I do lump them in. They are people too you know. They are us.

My apologies, that is what I get for trying to post and play Candyland with my 4 year old. LOL

People do need to take accountability for everything that they do in life but the media does shape our views whether we like it or not. Perhaps you and I would not make our decisions based on them but may do. The media has a control that is down right scary at times. The internet has helped steam it a bit but there are still many that trust them and they know it. So I do think that because they saw she was getting popular they wanted to stomp that out. People can associate with her on many levels.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,258,864 times
Quote:
She could name what she reads, she didn't get to be governor by stupidity but smarts, she refused to name what she reads because she thought the media would clober her as she said.
Oh, come on!!!
Quote:
She was told what to talk about by campaign in those first interviews....anyone realize the media is brutal and anxious to ruin a candidate they don't want? The Biden debate proved she is very knowlegeable and well spoken...even msnbc people thought she won that debate.
Her own words made her the interplanetary laughingstock she is, no matter how much she and her supporters - in classic Republican style - try to blame the interviewers. Read a transcript of any of those interviews and pretend it's Barack Obama, or any politician you don't like, speaking - does it boost your respect for that person?

"The Biden debate" - I suppose you mean the only debate between the VPs - had to be restructured to accommodate her bottomless ignorance. Guess you just forgot that part.

Big difference between what you'd like to be true and what IS true.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:39 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,142,584 times
Quote:
That is the lamest excuse I have ever heard. "What do you read?" is a standard interview question. She should have been prepared for it. She also refused to be 'preppe' for the Couric interview. A dumb decision on her part.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 PM

251 posts, read 414,733 times
Quote:
Palin is more intelligent than Obama is many ways. Remember how poorly he did in debates with Hillary and bad judgement on things.
Obama did so poorly he was elected president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections