Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 03:59 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,932,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
cynic=realist.

sorry to have to be the one to break that to you. hillary stayed with bill to advance her political career. get over it.
And vice versa!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 04:01 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,482,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I'm sure Hillary is waiting with bated breath....................
I hope Hillary has a translator on standby because she won't be able to decipher all of the run-on sentences Palin will dish out....

Old 11-18-2008, 04:10 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,707,039 times
Quote:
I am saying that many of the washington insiders are friends. it's not a democrat vs. republican thing. there will be dems that hate dems, and reps that hate reps.
Your point? I never said that many politicians aren't friends. I agree with your statement, and I never claimed not to. I said ALL politicians aren't friends. I was debating the claim made by Donn2390 that all politicians are friends and they all get along fine, which is absolutely untrue.

So, basically, you're agreeing with me, but you just felt the need to reword your argument so that you could still argue the fact that you agree with me?

Old 11-18-2008, 04:24 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,870,197 times
perhaps I sensed a little sarcasm in donn2390's comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Your point? I never said that many politicians aren't friends. I agree with your statement, and I never claimed not to. I said ALL politicians aren't friends. I was debating the claim made by Donn2390 that all politicians are friends and they all get along fine, which is absolutely untrue.

So, basically, you're agreeing with me, but you just felt the need to reword your argument so that you could still argue the fact that you agree with me?

Old 11-18-2008, 04:25 PM

998 posts, read 1,515,867 times
Quote:
cynic=realist.

sorry to have to be the one to break that to you. hillary stayed with bill to advance her political career. get over it.
You didn't break anything to me. I don't care for the Clintons that much myself, but I respect her for dealing with it in an adult manner. You're also being sexist.

And "cynic" does not equal "realist", in any dictionary I can find. I have a healthy cynicism of all politicians too. You're speaking to a polyglot who has spent decades studying linguistics. Go try to play erroneous semantic games with someone you can fool.

I guess you missed where I pointed out that I think you are exaggerating your cynicism. Either that, or you're just not very informed, and take the cynic's route to cover for your shortcomings. "All politicians are the same" is a child-like and lazy road to take.

All this hand-wringing from you because of a joke I made. You sure do take things seriously, for someone who claims to be cynically neutral. You also belie your "cynic's neutrality" by focusing on Hillary and Bill.

Anyway, enjoy your pessimism. I'm done toying with you.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:27 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,423,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
During her interview with Greta Van Susteren last week, Sarah Palin said that she was going to call Hillary Clinton the next day to tell her, "More power to ya!"

<<pause to reflect upon the oddness of Palin's statement>>

I wonder if she ever did actually call Hillary, or if this is just another weird Sarah moment, where she had to come up with something to say on the spot, and just blurted something random?

If she did make that phone call, I wonder how strange a conversation it was? It would've been interesting, to say the least. An intelligent, articulate Senator trying to decipher the incoherent babblings of that ditz. Poor Hillary. It would probably be similar to when your friend puts her three-year-old child on the phone to speak with you...the child doesn't make much sense, and you don't really know what to say, so after a minute you ask, "Ok, can you give the phone back to Mommy for me?"
Comedic gold, sorry I can't rep you yet!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:42 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,870,197 times
you certainly did toy with me. I am so glad you are done toying with me. you seem to be brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
You didn't break anything to me. I don't care for the Clintons that much myself, but I respect her for dealing with it in an adult manner. You're also being sexist.

And "cynic" does not equal "realist", in any dictionary I can find. I have a healthy cynicism of all politicians too. You're speaking to a polyglot who has spent decades studying linguistics. Go try to play erroneous semantic games with someone you can fool.

I guess you missed where I pointed out that I think you are exaggerating your cynicism. Either that, or you're just not very informed, and take the cynic's route to cover for your shortcomings. "All politicians are the same" is a child-like and lazy road to take.

All this hand-wringing from you because of a joke I made. You sure do take things seriously, for someone who claims to be cynically neutral. You also belie your "cynic's neutrality" by focusing on Hillary and Bill.

Anyway, enjoy your pessimism. I'm done toying with you.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:44 PM

998 posts, read 1,515,867 times
Quote:
you certainly did toy with me. I am so glad you are done toying with me. you seem to be brilliant.
You're welcome.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,968,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
No where does it say she said that while talking about foreign policy. Keep up drinking the kool-aid. She simply stated that there is a point on an island in Alaska where they can see Alaska.
True, I agree. However, if that makes a person an expert on foreign policy, then I guess I'm one too. I lived in NH for many years and I now live in South Florida. (ya know..Canada, Cuba) You can see Canada while you are standing in Michigan too. You can reach see the Mexican border from California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. So what?

I still wonder why nobody asked her how many times she visited Russia. (oh, by the way, I have been to Canada and Mexico as well as several other foreign countries. Guess what? I can't discuss foreign policy either!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections