Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:50 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,353,196 times

Advertisements

I think he is walking into such a dire mess that he needs old gun fighters who know the ropes and have been around.

He is still in charge he calls the shots but he needs their experience. Its to much of a mess to walk in without experience to help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 01:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,643,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
After the past 8 years, appointing experienced and competent people to positions of power is drastic "change"!

Just a thought.

I have a hunch that Obama will be injecting some new blood into his administration. I also get the impression that he's interested in surrounding himself with the best people, regardless of their personal ideologies. Given the bucket of guts that Bush is leaving behind, he'll need the best to help him clean up the mess.

I think he'll do well.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:18 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,436,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I have a hunch that Obama will be injecting some new blood into his administration. I also get the impression that he's interested in surrounding himself with the best people, regardless of their personal ideologies. Given the bucket of guts that Bush is leaving behind, he'll need the best to help him clean up the mess.

I think he'll do well.
Well stated and ITA

Old 11-19-2008, 03:53 PM

972 posts, read 1,334,099 times
people just want to complain about something, him appointing any Clinton people.. GOOD! If he was appointing people nobody knew they would be complaining too. bunch of cry babies!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM

998 posts, read 1,517,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Change and hope were what Obammy ran on. To run back to same old is kind of silly.

Just another thought! Aren't thoughts grand? I think my cat is has slimmer hips than that cow Michelle Obama. Just thought I'd share.
Did you know that one of Palin's phrases she used when running for Mayor was "Change"?

I've seen 100s of politicians use it.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:09 PM

998 posts, read 1,517,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
people just want to complain about something, him appointing any Clinton people.. GOOD! If he was appointing people nobody knew they would be complaining too. bunch of cry babies!
At this point, it's patently obvious that they are going to complain no matter what.

Sniveling sore losers.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:10 PM

One thing is for sure we are getting change. The last 8 years have been a disaster. This kind of change looks great to me! Times were good under Clinton. I am glad he may be appointing people with experience under an administration that didn't put us trillions in debt and sink the economy or start 2 massive wars, an admin that we had the longest economic boom this country has ever seen.... oh yes, sounds good to me.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
At this point, it's patently obvious that they are going to complain no matter what.

Sniveling sore losers.
Exactly and I think its very sad.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,833,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Yep. Richard Lugar's figured it out and Hillary might not take the SOS. I'm glad to see Goodwin has been accepted back as a commentator. Love her books.
I'm hoping Lee Hamilton will take the post ... he's got nothing to lose and he has street cred from both sides of the aisle.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:20 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,947,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
After the past 8 years, appointing experienced and competent people to positions of power is drastic "change"!

Just a thought.
I have to admit I am enjoying this tremendously. I have read many oped pieces by Obama supporters asking if this is the kind of change Obama voters were expecting. It is too funny. With all the animosity between Hillary supporters and Obama supporters and the want/need to put the Clinton era behind the Democrat party this is just too perfect.

All I can say is baa, baa, baa little sheep.

An attorney general Eric Holder that pushed through Clinton's pardon of Marc Rich bypassing the normal procedures. Yep that is the change Obama promised.

Rich, of course, was the commodities trader who fled the country in 1983 to escape prosecution for tax evasion, racketeering, and trading with the enemy. Rich’s attorneys circumvented normal procedures, took the pardon to the White House attorneys, and gained pardon for their client, whose wife just happened to be a friend and major donor to the Clinton library, the Democratic Party, and Clinton’s legal defense fund. A firestorm ensued as did congressional investigations in which Democrats as well as Republicans excoriated the Clintons’ conduct.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/obamas-new-advisor-stained-by-clinton-pardon-scandal/

Tom Daschle, yep that sure is change.

Sorry if I am having fun at the expense of you poor Obama sheep but I can't resist. The guy is not even President yet, amazing! This is going to be a fun 4 years, at least for the non-sheep.

One more thing. I wonder how you Obama supporters feel about your hero being called the house negro by Al-Qaeda number two Ayman Zawahiri. Of course James David Manning has been saying this for a while now.

YouTube - Obama is a Good House Negro

Don't click on the above link if you are easily offended. I don't condone this at all but it is what we have to look forward to for the next 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections