Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,295,355 times

Advertisements

After the past 8 years, appointing experienced and competent people to positions of power is drastic "change"!

Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 11:28 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,092,936 times
I'm not complaining. In fact, I think Bill Clinton did a great job surrounding himself with some great talent (despite some of the shady dealings that happened--that happens in any adminstration). I am just cautioning people who voted Obama in on his "change" platform to realize that they are not getting a "change", necessarily.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,445,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
After the past 8 years, appointing experienced and competent people to positions of power is drastic "change"!

Just a thought.
I agree.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
Anyone that thought that Oabam was going to make the mistake Carter made in bringing in peole that knew nothig about washington are just dumb. Carter was a good leasson on the fact that the top post have to gpo to peole that know washington and now to get things done.; No time for learning on the job.There is no change on how poliotcs works at all. Cange si always the message but not the result.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:12 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
no, it's same we can believe in. he's bringing in old washington blood and his supporters rather than admit that he lied to them, are supporting him. I have no problem with who he is bringing in, since the clinton presidency was a hell of a lot better than the bush presidency, but I wouldn't call it "change."

Old 11-19-2008, 01:17 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,956 times
A political commentator made the point yesterday that we've had fewer dem presidents in the last (don't remember number) years making the pool from which to choose limited as far as people knowing how to navigate the workings in Washington. With the current financial crisis we're facing, it's been floated that Obama has to concentrate only on that issue. He made it very clear yesterday that he is going to do something about the environment immediately. I would say that's change. All of these appointees serve at the President's will and I expect Obama to make personnel changes if he sees his initial choices aren't working out.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:22 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
I'm just tired of hearing the Team of Rivals bull$h!t ... team of rivals my a$$ ... why is the MSM assuming that any rival that Obama asks is going to accept the offer??? If I were a rival of Obama's, I'd at least have the wits about me to know that the reason why Obama is asking me to join the team is to neutralize me ...

I love Doris Kearns Goodwin, but I'm about to go berzerk if I have to hear about her book about Lincoln one more time. Any rival that accepts an offer from Obama should just kiss their political careers goodbye.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:32 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm just tired of hearing the Team of Rivals bull$h!t ... team of rivals my a$$ ... why is the MSM assuming that any rival that Obama asks is going to accept the offer??? If I were a rival of Obama's, I'd at least have the wits about me to know that the reason why Obama is asking me to join the team is to neutralize me ...

I love Doris Kearns Goodwin, but I'm about to go berzerk if I have to hear about her book about Lincoln one more time. Any rival that accepts an offer from Obama should just kiss their political careers goodbye.
Yep. Richard Lugar's figured it out and Hillary might not take the SOS. I'm glad to see Goodwin has been accepted back as a commentator. Love her books.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:33 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,034,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post

Just a thought.
Change and hope were what Obammy ran on. To run back to same old is kind of silly.

Just another thought! Aren't thoughts grand? I think my cat is has slimmer hips than that cow Michelle Obama. Just thought I'd share.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:41 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,536,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Anyone that thought that Oabam was going to make the mistake Carter made in bringing in peole that knew nothig about washington are just dumb. Carter was a good leasson on the fact that the top post have to gpo to peole that know washington and now to get things done.; No time for learning on the job.There is no change on how poliotcs works at all. Cange si always the message but not the result.
Re: the part I bolded - I got a nice laugh out of that, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections