Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:17 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,951,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm just wondering whether or not *some* conservatives base this belief on their prejudice, or on the fact that Americans would have been outraged in the event Republicans stole yet another election?
It is because the news media was reporting that the law enforcement agencies were beefing up their forces in several large metropolitan areas preparing for the worse case scenario. Did you miss that? I am sure you can google it if you are truly interested or are you just trying to stir things up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:19 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,618,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It is because the news media was reporting that the law enforcement agencies were beefing up their forces in several large metropolitan areas preparing for the worse case scenario. Did you miss that? I am sure you can google it if you are truly interested or are you just trying to stir things up.
I did miss that, thanks, I will Google it. I'm still not certain what these law enforcement agencies were standing ready for. Maybe I can unearth this too. Could it have been something along the line of "OK guys, and gals, you all know the Republicans can steal elections. Be ready in case they steal it tonight"

Myself, I knew it wouldnt be stolen, got to have a razor thin margin like 2000, and 2004, for it to work. Americans removed that option this time

Old 11-19-2008, 08:23 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,862,354 times
Or to scare the folks who were still undecided- trying to make the Obama supporters look like violent, unstable barbarians. Every time it was mentioned on this forum, it was a McCain supporter claiming that armageddon was going to come at the hands of the inner city folk when Obama lost.

Hmmmmmmmmm- perhaps preying upon racial stereotypes? Nah, the Republicans would NEVER do that.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:27 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,951,685 times
Quote:
I did miss that, thanks, I will Google it. I'm still not certain what these law enforcement agencies were standing ready for. Maybe I can unearth this too. Could it have been something along the line of "OK guys, and gals, you all know the Republicans can steal elections. Be ready in case they steal it tonight"

Myself, I knew it wouldnt be stolen, got to have a razor thin margin like 2000, and 2004, for it to work. Americans removed that option this time
The things I read were pretty degrading. They were talking about how riots had broke out over the years at championship celebrations, basketball, football by the fans of the championship teams and how unruly people can get when celebrating. They were preparing for unruly victory celebrations too. Kind of sad really. Some of the reports were debunked and misquoted but the media though they would report it anyways. There are a lot of blogs that had various information about it.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:38 PM

6,760 posts, read 11,663,987 times
I guess if cities can riot when teams win or lose championship series, its not too much of a leap in logic to think the same could possibly happen with an election. Especially when they left spent the entire 6 months leading up to the election using race cards ANY time people said anything negative about their guy. It was in the air that this election was very much about race. The left is always talking about how skin color doesn't matter, but they proved that it really does to them because they wouldn't let the race issue go. And if Obama wouldn't have won after all the race baiting, race card playing crap the left was spewing, I could easily see how riots would happen. Not burning down cities or anything extreme, but some protests getting out of hand or groups who had gathered to celebrate getting all mad when they didn't get to celebrate. I don't think there is anything racist about that at all. I was a little surprised there wasn't any trouble anywhere when that dolt John Kerry lost to Bush. I didn't vote for either, but the left cried pretty damn hard about Bush winning, yet they couldn't come up with anything better than John Kerry for their candidate? Pathetic. They should have been crying about how dumb of a choice Kerry was.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:39 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,443,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Look into a consulting firm called Crest. I believe one of the brothers is an owner of this company and they were tied to Diebold.
This is what I was talking about....these stories get stretched too thin and end up involving way too many people to be plausible. I looked on the Internet and I found what you're talking about but, it's called Crest Investments (it's not a consulting company) and Neil Bush serves (or he did serve) as co-chairman on the board. When questioned about his role with the company he said he was a consultant and he was paid $5,000/month for his services. There's nothing unusual about that though....corporations always try get as many big names (that will have them) as they can to serve on their board of directors and $60,000/year for doing it, is nothing. There's all kinds of controversy about Neil and Crest but, I didn't find any where a connection between Crest and Diebold (I didn't put too much time into it though). Even if there was though, if he was able to pull off fixing the machines through that connection, think of all the people it would involve. I'm not saying nothing got fixed (I don't know), I'm just saying, I can't see it happening through these connection and not have someone, some where step forward by now.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:03 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,618,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Especially when they left spent the entire 6 months leading up to the election using race cards ANY time people said anything negative about their guy. It was in the air that this election was very much about race. The left is always talking about how skin color doesn't matter, but they proved that it really does to them because they wouldn't let the race issue go. And if Obama wouldn't have won after all the race baiting, race card playing crap the left was spewing, I could easily see how riots would happen.

First it was white fear that blacks would riot if their candidate lost, but now I'm hearing that the "left" was actually "race baiting". Quite the theory.

I've not seen this "race baiting" from the "left", did someone call McCain "whitey" or something? I called him forgetful, bumbling and incompetent, but I never made fun of his complexion. And he did have an unhealthy pallor about him, too

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 11-20-2008 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Removed copyright image

Old 11-19-2008, 09:23 PM

6,760 posts, read 11,663,987 times
Quote:
First it was white fear that blacks would riot if their candidate lost, but now I'm hearing that the "left" was actually "race baiting". Quite the theory.

I've not seen this "race baiting" from the "left", did someone call McCain "whitey" or something? I called him forgetful, bumbling and incompetent, but I never made fun of his complexion. And he did have an unhealthy pallor about him, too
I don't recall saying that anyone whined about McCain's race, although as soon as the left had finally secured their first non white candidate ever, they started in complaining that the GOP is the party of old white men, even the the Dems had been exactly the same up until Obama, with the exception of Kennedy being a young white man.

But the race card was being played constantly. The "Bradley Effect", which is a bogus story anyway, was constantly played as some kind of fear that even though Obama should win, racist whites might not be able to bring themselves to vote for a black man. It was constantly played how people wouldn't consider voting for someone not white. The polls were constantly played that Obama should win in a landslide, yet the fear of a potential Obama loss due to racism kept being pushed by the left. Had Obama lost, it would have been blamed on racism. I don't think it would be hard to picture angry Obama supporters causing damage. There was a person on this board that responded to a thread I started by saying he/she would throw a brick through a window if Obama lost. It wouldn't be hard to imagine there being a few hundred people out of several million Obama supporters being angry enough to do something like that if they were convinced by the media that Obama was cheated out of a win.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,654,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
This is what I was talking about....these stories get stretched too thin and end up involving way too many people to be plausible. I looked on the Internet and I found what you're talking about but, it's called Crest Investments (it's not a consulting company) and Neil Bush serves (or he did serve) as co-chairman on the board.
I think the company you are looking for is not Crest, but Interlink, which is one of Diebold's associates and of which Neil Bush is co-founder.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:21 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,505,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Or to scare the folks who were still undecided- trying to make the Obama supporters look like violent, unstable barbarians. Every time it was mentioned on this forum, it was a McCain supporter claiming that armageddon was going to come at the hands of the inner city folk when Obama lost.

Hmmmmmmmmm- perhaps preying upon racial stereotypes? Nah, the Republicans would NEVER do that.
Did you not hear about the black panther and the night stick at the voting place? Yes he was arrested a military man called it in to report it as they tried to intimidate him on his way in to vote. " The day of White Supremacy is over as he was hitting his hand with the night stick. But that is not happening and he was not arrested right lefties!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections