Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 07:00 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nope, just the numerous court cases around the US that are pending, including the one at SCOTUS and in California. Complain to the good people who have filed these lawsuits. The only reason some of them have been thrown out has not been due to the merits of the case - none of them have gotten that far. Every judge has ruled that the US citizens who have filed these lawsuits do not have "standing" - which is absolutely ridiculous.

We shall see what comes of them - Alan Keyes certainly has "standing".

They would all go away if Obama would just produce his vault copy, which states where he was born. But he won't - he would rather resist and fight all these suits, or rather hope the judiciary protects him. Just produce the document, that's all.

I can't for the life of me figure out why he does not produce the document and get rid of all this nonsense.
No, they have not all been thrown out on standing. The Federal cases have been thrown out on standing. The state cases have been thrown out for other reasons - including merit and an attempt to compel an official to do something that was no that official's to do.

No, it is not absolutely ridiculous. Have you read the cases upon which that conclusion is based? It's pretty hard to argue - and remember that two cases against McCain were thrown out for the same thing.

If Alan Keyes were in Federal Court in California, given the judge's ruling in the ase against McCain there, I suspect you would see that he has no standing either. "...an obscure third party candidate" with no chance to win.

However, Keyes, et al, are suing in the California state court system, so I expect that he will have standing. What he doesn't have is a case. Have you read the Keyes filing?

The suit is seeking a Writ of Mandate, which is the same as a Writ of Mandamus in other venues. It seeks to compel the Sec'y of State to get the data to 'do her job." There are two problems with this - the first of which has killed more than one prior such request. A Writ of Mandate can require her to do to her job, but this aspect of her job includes judgment and it cannot force her to come to a different judgment.

But no less real a fault with the suit is what it leans upon. For example:
1) Kreep claims that lawsuits against Obama constitute proof in and of themselves that "reasonable doubt exists" concerning Obama's eligibility. This is a specious argument, claiming that where there is smoke, there is fire.

2) Kreep argues that the Sec'y of State must bar the California Electors from voting for Obama, if Obama cannot prove his eligibility. This presupposes that the Sec'y of State has the power to dictate voting practices by the California Electors, which she most certainly does not.

3) From the suit: A growing number of questions have arisen in litigation in at least 10 states contesting whether Senator John McCain or Senator Barack Obama are “natural born” citizens and, therefore, constitutionally eligible to be entrusted with the Office of President of the United States. In the litigation against Senator Obama, allegations have been made that his admitted dual citizenship in Indonesia, and lack of evidence that he renounced the same, caused a loss of his United States Citizenship as a matter of law. Moreover, evidence released by the Obama campaign purporting to be a “Certification of Live Birth” on its face appears to be of questionable authenticity. One of the many problems with this evidence is that the border design differs from the border designs of other Certifications of Live Birth printed during the same time period. All these questions about both of the candidates are still unresolved.

Here we have a factual claim that is, instead, factually false. There was no "admitted dual citizenship in Indonesia, so of course there is no evidence that he renounced it

And we have pure idiocy!! The border design from the released birth certificate is from 2007. The one it does not look like is from 1961. Gee! They look different! Who'd have thunk it!

Worse yet, Kreep acknowledges this himself later in the same complaint! In a lengthy section discussing the Berg case, Kreep observes that the version posted by Obama is from 2007. He then goes on to repeat the usage of Wikipedia as a source of information.

Subsequently, he proceeds to repeat the misinformation concerning Indonesia, etc.

Finally, Sanrene, there is the delicious irony of this line from you:
"He has already admitted to having dual citizenship, or rather Factcheck admitted that for him."

Your using FactCheck to support your case is hilarious in the extreme. So, I feel obliged to respond accordingly:

"Oh, but Sanrene, FactCheck is not reliable! They are funded by the Annenbergs, who were ardent McCain supporters!!"

<*removes tongue from cheek*>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 07:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
2) Kreep argues that the Sec'y of State must bar the California Electors from voting for Obama, if Obama cannot prove his eligibility. This presupposes that the Sec'y of State has the power to dictate voting practices by the California Electors, which she most certainly does not.
She most certainly does - the SOS gives the electors the certifications they need to perform their duty. Who, in what position, has the responsibility/duty/obligation of the state to verify that a candidate is eligible?

Old 11-25-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Finally, Sanrene, there is the delicious irony of this line from you:
"He has already admitted to having dual citizenship, or rather Factcheck admitted that for him."
I think you misunderstand. Factcheck is an Annenberg-owned entity, run by Obama supporters. When they "claimed" his birth was in Hawaii, they admitted what many already knew;

Quote:
When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1982.”
This is what I was referring to.

Quote:
The state cases have been thrown out for other reasons - including merit and an attempt to compel an official to do something that was no that official's to do.
The intent of most of the suits is to compel the SoS's to do their job and obtain proof from a candidate that he is eligible. Who's job is that if not the SOS? It's a very simple request to Obama - give up your vault COLB, certified, directly from the state of Hawaii, to the SOS.

I have no doubt that the cases will likely be dismissed without delving into whether he is a natural born citizen. At last count, there were about 17.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I can't for the life of me figure out why he does not produce the document and get rid of all this nonsense.
Lastly, Sanrene -

I have been according your responses a serious response.

Would you return the courtesy by telling me what your response might be to my very painstaking answer?

Please substantiate your response with equivalent evidence, citing any verified proof of your suspicions.

For example, a signed affidavit from Obama's grandmother that verifies it was her voice on that tape, even though her Swahili is said to be weak at best.

Anything that proves that Obama gave up his U.S. citizenship after age 18, when it might actually have some legal grounds, would be of interest.

Proof, rather than spurious and unsubstantiated allegations, that Obama holds one of those other three passports the conspiracy theorists keep going on about.

Something, anything, that meets even half the standards of proof that you are demanding!!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
"I think you misunderstand. Factcheck is an Annenberg-owned entity,"

And you do know that the Annenbergs are Republicans don't you? You do understand that Factcheck is a part of the Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, don't you?

"run by Obama supporters."

Point to one:

FactCheck.org: About FactCheck.org

Old 11-25-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
She most certainly does - the SOS gives the electors the certifications they need to perform their duty. Who, in what position, has the responsibility/duty/obligation of the state to verify that a candidate is eligible?
The Congress does.

This was in another prior post.

One Senator and one U.S. Rep must present a written objection, after the electors have voted. When that's done, the respective chambers retreat to consider the objection(s).

It goes on, at length, about the process - but this is the thing, Sanrene. There is already a process in place to hear this sort of allegation.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
For example, a signed affidavit from Obama's grandmother that verifies it was her voice on that tape, even though her Swahili is said to be weak at best.
You must be kidding? Don't you know the whole extended family was told to keep their mouths shut? Did you ever see any interviews from that Kenyan village? From his illegal aunt? From his sister? From his Grandmother? There was a widespread "blackout" when it came to getting his "family" to say anything about Obama.

Quote:
Anything that proves that Obama gave up his U.S. citizenship after age 18, when it might actually have some legal grounds, would be of interest.
If he was born outside of the US, his mother was not capable of bestowing "natural born" status to him. He would be a naturalized citizen.

Quote:
Proof, rather than spurious and unsubstantiated allegations, that Obama holds one of those other three passports the conspiracy theorists keep going on about.
Well, since ALL his documents and records are under lock and key, including his passport(s), and he was NOT compelled by the media to produce them - how would you suggest we get at the truth? Obama will not produce them - can you imagine that? A candidate for president allowed to get away with hiding all his perosnal records and documentation. It's called unvetted.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
The Congress does.

This was in another prior post.

One Senator and one U.S. Rep must present a written objection, after the electors have voted. When that's done, the respective chambers retreat to consider the objection(s).

It goes on, at length, about the process - but this is the thing, Sanrene. There is already a process in place to hear this sort of allegation.
Please. I know congress does - and that's a problem in this case, isn't it.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I think you misunderstand. Factcheck is an Annenberg-owned entity, run by Obama supporters. When they "claimed" his birth was in Hawaii, they admitted what many already knew.

Quote:
When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1982.”
This is what I was referring to.
It's already been pointed out to you that the Annenbergs are Republican. You cannot see how specious the accusations of FactCheck's bias are - even when it is made in the other direction.

But... can't you see that by what you just posted, that Obama doesn't have dual citizenship?? So, there is no proven dual citizenship on FactCheck.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,906 times
Sanrene,

Obama does not have to prove a thing in court...

It is up to the fools who are filing these frivolous lawsuits to prove their case against him (and they don't have a chance in h...) - they are the prosecution - he is the defense .

Personally, I hope they run up huge legal bills before the cases are thrown out of court... which I am certain they will be...

That would actually be funny!!! I just hope someone is able to post on the internet what expenses they ran up - so everyone in the country can see what price they paid for their childishness...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections