Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,835,866 times

Advertisements

Seriously???!!???

I'm embarrassed for those that are so desperate that they need to come up with any reason that Barack Obama is their president-elect. Actually, given the recent responses from the terrorists, I am tempted to believe that these posters may actually be part of a sleeper cell meant to disrupt internet communications on US message boards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 10:58 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,304,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiccanways View Post
McCain lost. Get over it.
I have...................my guy lost, fair and square,,,,,,,,,,,and THAT is the American way.............Now I am content to watch and wait and hope that all our president will try to do the right thing for ALL of us as HE pledged to do.................He will make some mistakes along the way................can any of you state you wouldnt .................so

Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 AM

135 posts, read 224,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
I have...................my guy lost, fair and square,,,,,,,,,,,and THAT is the American way.............Now I am content to watch and wait and hope that all our president will try to do the right thing for ALL of us as HE pledged to do.................He will make some mistakes along the way................can any of you state you wouldnt .................so
God I wish more people had the common sense and atitude you do. Luzianne, the point, delta planter, and others are content posting crap after crap about how bad Obama will be, etc. I'm sure there would have been people doing the same for mccain had he won, and they would be just as bad.

Your attitude is what should be present in a democracy in which you 1) don't always "win" and 2) aren't garaunteed to always be right no matter what the popular vote says. I really find it pathetic that people especially on this board can't just suck it up, say "my guy lost", and give the other guy a chance without trying to tear him down before hes even started. They should be happy they have the rights a democracy grants them. I want to see these people go to Myanmar and talk bad about the junta there, for example. Oh wait, they couldn't, and if they did they'd get 40 year prison terms or some crap like that.

There's no reason not to point out when you think someone is making a mistake, that's the beauty of diagreeing (although as you also pointed out everyone is human, and everyone will make some mistakes...it's wrong to expect "the other guy" to be perfect just because he isn't "your guy"), but people should have a chance to do something before they're jumped on by rabid nutjobs who are mad because the majority of the voters didn't agree with them...

Old 11-22-2008, 06:26 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,304,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpelp View Post
God I wish more people had the common sense and atitude you do. Luzianne, the point, delta planter, and others are content posting crap after crap about how bad Obama will be, etc. I'm sure there would have been people doing the same for mccain had he won, and they would be just as bad.

Your attitude is what should be present in a democracy in which you 1) don't always "win" and 2) aren't garaunteed to always be right no matter what the popular vote says. I really find it pathetic that people especially on this board can't just suck it up, say "my guy lost", and give the other guy a chance without trying to tear him down before hes even started. They should be happy they have the rights a democracy grants them. I want to see these people go to Myanmar and talk bad about the junta there, for example. Oh wait, they couldn't, and if they did they'd get 40 year prison terms or some crap like that.

There's no reason not to point out when you think someone is making a mistake, that's the beauty of diagreeing (although as you also pointed out everyone is human, and everyone will make some mistakes...it's wrong to expect "the other guy" to be perfect just because he isn't "your guy"), but people should have a chance to do something before they're jumped on by rabid nutjobs who are mad because the majority of the voters didn't agree with them...
Thank you, this is the only way we are all going to get our sanity back and our emotion under control.........................

Old 11-22-2008, 05:21 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,738,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
On Nov. 19th, the case was docketed for full conference of all nine Justices scheduled for December 5th. This wouldn't have happened unless Thomas thought the case would meet the rule of four (four Justices would be likely to agree to hear the case).
Nope. All proper cert. petitions go to conference. The vast majority go to conference and are rejected. Only motions which originally go to a single judge might be referred to the entire court for disposition. Here, the cert. petition was scheduled for conference; the motion was not referred to the entire court.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:59 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,297,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
He knows the supreme court is not going to allow a non U.S citizen to become the POTUS. I actually am against this, it is to late in the ballgame for this to happen, is only going to create mass chaos and a constitutional crisis.
They today just released news about reviewing on the 5th of Dec. 10 days before the electoral college is to vote.
There will come a day when people on the Internet will be held responsible for knowingly commiting libel just like printed media can be sued. We have just seen a woman get convicted for fraud for making false statements causing a teen to commit suicide. These kinds of lies will be next and I can't wait to see what case sets it off.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,855,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
There will come a day when people on the Internet will be held responsible for knowingly commiting libel just like printed media can be sued. We have just seen a woman get convicted for fraud for making false statements causing a teen to commit suicide. These kinds of lies will be next and I can't wait to see what case sets it off.

I can't wait for internet accountability to have some precedents set so people can be held responsible for the ugly things they say. The anonymity seems to bring out monsters.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:00 PM

4,685 posts, read 8,476,590 times
As of today's news about the appointment of Biden's successor in the Senate from Delaware, the idea behind this thread is officially a myth.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:02 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,937,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I can't wait for internet accountability to have some precedents set so people can be held responsible for the ugly things they say. The anonymity seems to bring out monsters.
LOLOLOL But then even liberals would get caught with their nasty and mean posts. Be careful what you ask fopr because you might actually get it.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,055,034 times
Quote:
You probably only saw it here b/c it is total BS.
Really? Tell that to SCOTUS, who will be deciding Dec 5th.

Docket for 08A407

Quote:
~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nov 3 2008 Application (08A407) for stay pending the filing and disposition of a petition for a writ of certiorari, submitted to Justice Souter.
Nov 6 2008 Application (08A407) denied by Justice Souter.
Nov 14 2008 Application (08A407) refiled and submitted to Justice Thomas.
Nov 19 2008 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of December 5, 2008.
Conference to be held Dec 5th. This is to decide if they take the case. There are numerous lawsuits across the country. Alan Keyes in California has filed against the SOS and Obama. The main reason that some of these lawsuits have been thrown out is because of "standing". Who has standing if not a voter and citizen of the US? Alan Keyes certainly has standing, being a candidate for President for the AIP party.

Technically, Obama has to respond by Dec 1st to the writ.

The media have got this one, as well as the Keyes lawsuit blacked-out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections