Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 07:12 PM

31,702 posts, read 41,187,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
He knows the supreme court is not going to allow a non U.S citizen to become the POTUS. I actually am against this, it is to late in the ballgame for this to happen, is only going to create mass chaos and a constitutional crisis.
They today just released news about reviewing on the 5th of Dec. 10 days before the electoral college is to vote.
How and where is the logic in what you claim and the question you pose. If Obama is unable to be POTUS then Biden would become and that is more reason for him to resign from the Senate and not less. Obama would have been the one not to resign so he could keep his Senate seat once he was disqualified from becoming POTUS as you claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 07:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,086,223 times
Quote:
"Fukino, however, repeated the Health Department's position that [Hawaii] state law prohibits her or any other officials from actually releasing the birth certificate, which Obama's campaign says shows he was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961."
Sorry, but they don't say WHAT they have on record. You must know that Hawaii can issue 4 different kinds of BC. Also, Hawaii also allows a hawaiian citizen to register their child for a BC even though the child was not actually born in Hawaii.

The Long-form Hawaii has on file (if they do) will show if Obama was born in Hawaii, the hospital, the doctor, his footprint. OR, it will have on record the original BC (from whereever) submitted at the time.

The copy/image of his BC that factcheck and others have claimed proves his citizenship is nothing more than a print-out form from a database, even with a revision date. It is not the "original" of anything.

BTW, she could release all records (long-form, vault copy) - if Obama gave the go-ahead. Why won't he?

Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,246,625 times
Oh, give it a rest! No one has the long form of their own birth certificate. I am looking as I type at my daughter's birth certificate. It has her name, her birth date and time, the doctors signature, my maiden name, age, birth state, and address; DH's name, age and birth state, and my signature.

The long form, which goes to the state dept of vital statistics, has other information such as my/my husband's education level, the month I started pre-natal care, complications of birth, if any, etc. I know this b/c I have worked in obstetrics and public health and have seen these.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 PM

972 posts, read 1,334,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, but they don't say WHAT they have on record. You must know that Hawaii can issue 4 different kinds of BC. Also, Hawaii also allows a hawaiian citizen to register their child for a BC even though the child was not actually born in Hawaii.

The Long-form Hawaii has on file (if they do) will show if Obama was born in Hawaii, the hospital, the doctor, his footprint. OR, it will have on record the original BC (from whereever) submitted at the time.

The copy/image of his BC that factcheck and others have claimed proves his citizenship is nothing more than a print-out form from a database, even with a revision date. It is not the "original" of anything.

BTW, she could release all records (long-form, vault copy) - if Obama gave the go-ahead. Why won't he?

I love how you skip over the fact that the article says they have the original birth certificate and that he was born >>>IN<<<< Hawaii.

They would not have verified he was born IN Hi if he was reg'd after the fact. The one on his site is an official copy the same kind given to anyone that asks for a copy of their birth certificate. Long forms are not copy'd the state holds them and issues what they see fit as verification.

I WILL POST THE FACTS AGAIN. STOP SKIPPING OVER IT!

Quote:
State declares Obama birth certificate genuine

Oct 31, 2008
HONOLULU (AP) ā€” State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.
The Associated Press: State declares Obama birth certificate genuine

Old 11-24-2008, 07:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,086,223 times
The facts are; Hawaii allows it's citizens to record/register/have certified the birth of a child not born in Hawaii. Now, what "original" are we talking about? The long-form that states obama was born in Hawaii - or the one on file that states he was born in another country to a Hawaiian citizen, another long-form vault copy.

BTW, my children's BC states the doctor, hospital, footprint and other info that Obama supposed BC is lacking. Only his long-form will show that info.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wYOqE4H4V6...00-h/08-93.JPG

Mr. Fukino does not state if the "record" is a Certification of Live Birth or a Hawaiian Certificate of Live Birth. There is a difference - there are 4 different COLB that can be issued by Hawaii.

Why won't obama just release his long-form vault copy?

Old 11-24-2008, 08:00 PM

4,685 posts, read 8,482,829 times
We are witnessing the rabid GOP partisan in full flower. [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-25-2008 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Let the moderators determine trollish behavior.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:01 PM

972 posts, read 1,334,928 times
Quote:
The facts are; Hawaii allows it's citizens to record/register/have certified the birth of a child not born in Hawaii. Now, what "original" are we talking about? The long-form that states obama was born in Hawaii - or the one on file that states he was born in another country to a Hawaiian citizen, another long-form vault copy.
If it was one that stated he was born in another country, they would not have verified he was born IN Hawaii

you are proving total blindness with this. Illogical thinking blind with hatred.

Quote:
Oct 31, 2008
HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.
He does not have to issue anything to sniveling hater conspiracy theory wing-nuts. Furthermore the long form issue has already been explained to you, most mothers do not even ever get a copy of those-Just because yours does--does not mean every state releases that--already told to you by a nurse in this thread- the state keeps them and issues the form they want for verification. The people who have to see this document HAVE SEEN IT.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:08 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,088,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
We are witnessing the rabid GOP partisan in full flower. [MOD CUT]
Just like the GWB 2000 "he stole the election" baloney!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-25-2008 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted post

Old 11-24-2008, 08:11 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,430,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
If it was one that stated he was born in another country, they would not have verified he was born IN Hawaii

you are proving total blindness with this. Illogical thinking blind with hatred.

Yeah, the "Obama was not born in the US" argument is the DUMBEST one I have EVER seen on this board (and that's saying quite a bit).

I will leave it to others to draw conclusions about the posters MAKING that argument.

I hope that once the Supreme Court throws this case out (which they will) that moderators here will perhaps delete any new posts about the subject since they truly will be nothing more that Troll posts.

Ken

Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 PM

4,685 posts, read 8,482,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Just like the GWB 2000 "he stole the election" baloney!
Are you talking about the Brooks Brothers Riot?
Brooks Brothers riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
("...organized for the purpose of bringing about the cancellation of a hand recount in which 10,750 ballots remain uncounted in the recount of the 2000 United States presidential election ...")
http://archive.salon.com/politics/fe...0/11/28/miami/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections