Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,148,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, but they don't say WHAT they have on record. You must know that Hawaii can issue 4 different kinds of BC. Also, Hawaii also allows a hawaiian citizen to register their child for a BC even though the child was not actually born in Hawaii.

The Long-form Hawaii has on file (if they do) will show if Obama was born in Hawaii, the hospital, the doctor, his footprint. OR, it will have on record the original BC (from whereever) submitted at the time.

The copy/image of his BC that factcheck and others have claimed proves his citizenship is nothing more than a print-out form from a database, even with a revision date. It is not the "original" of anything.

BTW, she could release all records (long-form, vault copy) - if Obama gave the go-ahead. Why won't he?
I don't understand why you can't let this go. The news articles quoted here say that there is no doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii. None of those other conditions you list exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 10:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
The news organization say so based on what? Because Factcheck says they saw a "copy" from Hawaii? Because Mr. Furinko from Hawaii says he has "something" on record?

It's not me that can't let this go - it's all those citizens that are still not convinced - for good reason.

Why won't obama let this go and produce his long-form vault copy? Can you think of any good reason why he won't produce it?

Old 11-24-2008, 10:09 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,148,409 times
Quote:
The news organization say so based on what? Because Factcheck says they saw a "copy" from Hawaii? Because Mr. Furinko from Hawaii says he has "something" on record?

It's not me that can't let this go - it's all those citizens that are still not convinced - for good reason.

Why won't obama let this go and produce his long-form vault copy? Can you think of any good reason why he won't produce it?
I was going to copy parts of the articles which declare without a doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, but I am confident that you will not believe it. If you were to see his official long form in the vault yourself, I suspect you would call it a forgery. I don't understand this hanging on to something so strongly. Are you that upset that Obama was elected? Must you grasp at every little thing and refuse to accept the election and go on? I understand, to a point. I felt the same way when George W. Bush was elected. I finally got over it and tried very hard to support him and give him credit when it was due, but it was hard for me to do. I think you are going through the same thing with Obama. I will let it go and not respond to you on any of these threads again.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
I was going to copy parts of the articles which declare without a doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, but I am confident that you will not believe it.
Since no one has seen his vault copy, including the media, why believe what they claim? Based on what?

Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,676 times
Quote:
Since no one has seen his vault copy, including the media, why believe what they claim? Based on what?
Why believe the Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino and the registrar of vital statistics who verified it? And the legality of these cases in the first place because they kept getting thrown out. The fact is YOU HAVE NO RIGHT to see ANYONES personal documents. Obama probably thought he would appease these fools when he didnt even have to by asking for a copy of his birth certificate from the state and posting what they gave him on his website, but nooo it just isnt enough for the haters. If I asked for a copy of my birth certificate, they wouldnt give me the long form, that is CRAZY!

The Associated Press: State declares Obama birth certificate genuine

HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:31 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,642,133 times
Quote:
Based on the following simple facts:

1) When a copy of a birth certificate is made in Hawaii, they look at the official record and (key word here, stay with me, now) copy the information onto the new birth certificate.

2) Obama has had at least 3 copies made. The copy on his website is one he got in 2007. It includes where and when he was born.

3) All the "you can get a Hawaiian Birth Certificate even if you were born elsewhere" stuff is a) true and b) moot. One of the forms explicitly states that the certificate is a late one, not based on a witnessed or immediate birth. Another, the one for out-of-staters, while it is Hawaiian, lists the accurate place of birth - not a Hawaiian place of birth. Neither of those applies to the copies that Obama has obtained.

4) As has been repeatedly pointed out to you, there were two newspapers that printed his birth announcement. a) The Birth Announcement could not have been placed by his mom as the papers did not permit such things at that time. b) The information was provided by the Hawaiian Bureau of Vital Statistics. c) The time gap between date of birth and announcement was standard then and consistent with the other announcements, as was also disclosed by the anti-Obama researcher who found the clipping from the Sunday Advertiser. It used to be a weekly. The information was conveyed from hospitals to Bureau and from Bureau to newspapers.

5) Somebody besides the Hawaiian officials have vetted his birth certificate - the U.S. Department of State, in issuing him a passport.

For this to all be wrong, there would have to have been a lie at the beginning:

1961 - either the hospital lied to the Bureau of Vital Statistics (BVS) or the B.V.S. liked to the papers and forged their own documents. While I freely grant that those are conceivable, there is no credible reason for either to have done so.

Everything after that is predicated on the truth established in 1961.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Talking Layers of denial...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, the "Obama was not born in the US" argument is the DUMBEST one I have EVER seen on this board (and that's saying quite a bit).

I will leave it to others to draw conclusions about the posters MAKING that argument.

I hope that once the Supreme Court throws this case out (which they will) that moderators here will perhaps delete any new posts about the subject since they truly will be nothing more that Troll posts.

Ken
The birth certificate "controversy" is the last slender thread of fantasy that hardcore neocon bootlickers have to cling to. Please don't deny them this one remaining pleasure. It offers them hope. After all, they have until January 20th before the harsh light of reality burns into their consciousness.

Well, maybe consciousness wasn't such a good choice of words.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I believe, based on prior actions, the Republican Party tried to steal this election just like they did in 2000 and 2004. Unfortunately they underestimated how many votes they would need. Given their ability at strategic planning I am not surprised they guessed low and lost the election. To repeat the obvious - LOST THE ELECTION!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:10 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,409 times
I did not support Obama, but I so wish this controversy would go away. I hope beyond hope that nothing comes of it. If Obama had been found to be ineligible to run months ago, I would have been thrilled and I have to believe that it would have come out then if he really was born in Kenya.

But the last thing this country needs now is for Barack Obama to be found ineligible and therefore not the President Elect. I don't even want to contemplate the fallout from that in this fragile economy.

He may not be the President some of us wanted, but he's the President Elect we've got so I wish we could just accept that and move on. Our system will take care of it in future elections if he doesn't right the economy. This mess is in his lap and Americans are impatient. He's going to have to deliver or he'll be out.

Above all, I want what's best for this country and this controversy at this time just makes us look bad and does us no good at all.

Last edited by McMolly; 11-25-2008 at 08:22 AM..

Old 11-25-2008, 07:15 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I believe, based on prior actions, the Republican Party tried to steal this election just like they did in 2000 and 2004. Unfortunately they underestimated how many votes they would need. Given their ability at strategic planning I am not surprised they guessed low and lost the election. To repeat the obvious - LOST THE ELECTION!
Just a quick note: in 2000 and 2004 the Democrats lost the elections. Get over it and quit moaning about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections