Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,866,724 times

Advertisements

I really have nothing to say. I just think those statements are a little ironic. this is a political move directed by two politicians who care only about themselves. great to have "same we can believe in."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
All of you Clinton supporters who voted for McCain because you were suffering from the serious case of sour grapes must stop and pause at the class that Obama shows in bringing Hillary onboard his great team. She proved to be his inferior during the primary campaign, directing a campaign team that didn't know what the hell they were doing. This with her husband pulling in all of his political favors. She could not overcome the ambiance, substance, and inspirational character that defined Obama. Instead of kicking her to the curb because of her classless, unnecessary, and lying attacks on his character, he honors her this way, and makes her a key part of his team. Her political future was essentially in his hands. This is class, folks!

Recognize that because most certainly over the last 8 years, we have had anything but.

Great to have Obama at the helm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,362,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
How many people has the black widow felled?

If I were BO, I would run for my life, screaming like a girl!

Good thing YOU are not President.

Ken

Old 11-22-2008, 05:34 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,448,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I really have nothing to say. I just think those statements are a little ironic. this is a political move directed by two politicians who care only about themselves. great to have "same we can believe in."
I don't believe that they only care about themselves. I do believe they care about this country and want to do what they can to make it better. And, sure, they are concerned about their careers to a point like most people are, wouldn't you say? It's only normal.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:39 AM

if they cared about the country, they would have fixed their own state before running for president. NY and illinois are basically wastelands. NY is over taxed, and chicago is a war zone. instead of doing the job they were hired to do, they decided to screw up all 50 states, or in obama's case, 57 states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I don't believe that they only care about themselves. I do believe they care about this country and want to do what they can to make it better. And, sure, they are concerned about their careers to a point like most people are, wouldn't you say? It's only normal.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:40 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,448,244 times
Quote:
if they cared about the country, they would have fixed their own state before running for president. NY and illinois are basically wastelands. NY is over taxed, and chicago is a war zone. instead of doing the job they were hired to do, they decided to screw up all 50 states, or in obama's case, 57 states.
Oh, c'mon, J.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:44 AM

425 posts, read 666,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Good thing YOU are not President.

Ken
True... I could never be a politician

I know how to balance a checkbook

I don't have special interests in my pockets

I know how to make a statement without beating around the proverbial bush

Old 11-22-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
It's AMAZING how you just KNOW what they CARE ABOUT.
The fact is, you don't KNOW anything about what they CARE ABOUT.
You simply have an OPINION.

In regards to "same we can believe in" - who was the last President to put one of his biggest rivals into what is arguably the most powerful appointed position in the country?

Obama's strategy in building his cabinet is VERY CLEAR - and is exactly what he said he would do. He's building a "Team of Rivals" just like Lincoln did - choosing people who have PROVEN they can be successful (even if they haven't always seen eye-to-eye with Obama in the past) rather than surround himself with "Yes Men". This alone marks a pretty substantial change from the last 8 years - when Bush choose people based on personal loyalty rather than capability (and we've all seen how well THAT worked out ("you did a heck a job Brownie"). That's a change I can believe in.

Ken

Old 11-22-2008, 05:55 AM

I actually know pretty much everything. haven't you read my posts. they are all politicians, and you don't get to the top of that game being honest. obama has worn out several pair of kneepads throughout his short career. he is just the next robot in line to be our next bad president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's AMAZING how you just KNOW what they CARE ABOUT.
The fact is, you don't KNOW anything about what they CARE ABOUT.
You simply have an OPINION.

In regards to "same we can believe in" - who was the last President to put one of his biggest rivals into what is arguably the most powerful appointed position in the country?

Obama's strategy in building his cabinet is VERY CLEAR - and is exactly what he said he would do. He's building a "Team of Rivals" just like Lincoln did - choosing people who have PROVEN they can be successful (even if they haven't always seen eye-to-eye with Obama in the past) rather than surround himself with "Yes Men". This alone marks a pretty substantial change from the last 8 years - when Bush choose people based on personal loyalty rather than capability (and we've all seen how well THAT worked out ("you did a heck a job Brownie"). That's a change I can believe in.

Ken

Old 11-22-2008, 06:08 AM

Quote:
I actually know pretty much everything. haven't you read my posts.
And don't forget to mention how modest you are too.

And actually I HAVE read your posts. That's why I made the comment that you don't KNOW what they care about.

Ken

Old 11-22-2008, 06:17 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,247,749 times
I think Hillary is a good choice. It also shows a lot of nerve, and pragmatism on Obama's part. He has and does, appear as a person that makes decisions for the right reasons.. certainly with his VP pick of Joe Biden, and now with Hillary (aswell as his other choices) proving that he isn't 'just' thinking about the 'change' message.

It could go sour for him, and it could be an excellent choice.. she certainly has the resume for it. At the end of the day, its not the time to be putting the wrong people in such prominent positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections