Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 03:24 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,679,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
So, you're saying that Obama will not need Congress' approval?

Doubtful he will have to do any cartwheels to get them to go along....at least not at first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 03:31 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,711,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Doubtful he will have to do any cartwheels to get them to go along....at least not at first.
Quote:
My life is "better" regardless of who inhabits the White House....until this time. All bets are off, this one will impact the nation as no other, because he is being given carte blanche to do as he pleases with the pawns who put him there (as well as those of us who do not want him there).
Quote:
Only with Congress' approval......
Kinda like Bush didn't have to "do any cartwheels" for the first 6 years of his Presidency? Or are you forgetting that there was a Republican majority in Congress until 2006?

Old 11-22-2008, 03:35 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,858,977 times
It's so hysterically funny that all the O'haters are whining about Obama's picks for his cabinet so far ... Ohhhhhhhh noooooooooooooo, they're all Washington insiders! Oh fizzle sticks, it's a bunch of Chicago thugs ...

Hey folks ... what I love is that his picks, regardles of whether or not they are DC insiders or chicago thugs ... THEY ARE SMART! I could care less if they've been in DC or Chicago for the past 50 years, if they are smart ... WELCOME ABOARD!! Enough of these stupid oil soaked Texans, enough of these even more stupid Regent Law School and Heritage fund boneheads .... bring on the intellectuals! That, "my friends", is change enough for me.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Kinda like Bush didn't have to "do any cartwheels" for the first 6 years of his Presidency? Or are you forgetting that there was a Republican majority in Congress until 2006?

BushBoy's time is over. Let's stick to the thread at hand, shall we? And stay on task.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:43 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,858,977 times
I LOVE IT ... all the people who are telling us to not bring Wonderboy into the equation are the same sillyheads who have been blaming Clinton for everything for the past 8 years.

So know what ... I'LL BLAME WONDERBOY, I'LL MOCK WONDERBOY because the first 1-2 years of the Obama presidency is going to be mopping up the poo that was left by the Cheney administration.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I LOVE IT ... all the people who are telling us to not bring Wonderboy into the equation are the same sillyheads who have been blaming Clinton for everything for the past 8 years.

So know what ... I'LL BLAME WONDERBOY, I'LL MOCK WONDERBOY because the first 1-2 years of the Obama presidency is going to be mopping up the poo that was left by the Bush administration.

Isn't WonderBoy your guy? How did it get turned around onto Bushie??

Old 11-22-2008, 03:48 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,711,380 times
Quote:
BushBoy's time is over. Let's stick to the thread at hand, shall we? And stay on task.
You're the one who claimed that Obama will "impact the nation" more than any other President, simply because he's "being given carte blanche to do as he pleases," while you claimed that Bush had no such authority because he had to have the approval of Congress.

I was simply pointing out your error in stating such.

You were obviously forgetting that Bush had a Republican majority in Congress until 2006. Obama will not have any more discretionary power due to a Democratic majority in Congress than Bush had during the first 6 years of his Presidency with a Republican majority.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:40 PM

553 posts, read 839,815 times
Quote:
Right! He'd be much better off appointing a bunch of recent college grads and other unexperienced people no one's ever heard of!
I don't get why this bogus deflection is the kneejerk defense to the criticism...

How do you figure that the only choices out there for him are Career Thug-o-tician Clintonistas or Green inexperienced no names??

Get real... If he was smart he would keep Condi.. Her Russian expertise would certainly come in handy over the next 4 years...

Old 11-22-2008, 04:53 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,777,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
How dare that half breed select people with experience

There's a difference between leadership experience/ vision and having Beltway dirt caked all over someone. ie Hillary

If Obama loses popularity, expect Clinton to run against him in the primaries in 2012. She definitely has her eyes on the Oval Office... Having Hillary lurking about an Executive branch stuffed with former Clinton cabinet members effectively makes Obama a figure head for the White House.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:12 PM

5,319 posts, read 9,014,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
I don't get why this bogus deflection is the kneejerk defense to the criticism...

How do you figure that the only choices out there for him are Career Thug-o-tician Clintonistas or Green inexperienced no names??

Get real... If he was smart he would keep Condi.. Her Russian expertise would certainly come in handy over the next 4 years...
You mean Condi "The Smoking Gun will be a Mushroom Cloud"?

That's the Condi you mean?

Did you already forget all of the lies she told in the lead up to the Iraq war???

Did you forget how Condi completely ignored White House terrorist-expert Richard A. Clarke's continuous ongoing requests between January 2001 - August 2001 to get the Bush Administration Seniors to meet on Al Qaeda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections