Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 AM

972 posts, read 1,334,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The thing I never understood about the logic that he lied so he could justify going to war is, why did he want to go to war......that's not something that ends up being popular politically or any other way. The first war with Iraq which was a "success" and didn't do anything to help get his father re-elected. What was the pay off suppose to be for Bush by going to war.....what was his incentive suppose to be for doing it.
reason:
War Profits. Finish what Daddy started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 01:30 AM

144 posts, read 159,654 times
Bush was a great president and would vote for him again!
Wait 10 years and you wil see why i say this.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:04 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,305,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I doubt if many are willing to admit they voted for Bush - it's way too embarassing...

And of those who admit it, it's pretty hard to admit to others that you made a big mistake...
Hey, I voted for him, what of it?

Now if you dont mind, I'm gonna go take my Excedrin. I always get this head ache when I remember bad things.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:13 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,621,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Hey, I voted for him, what of it?

Now if you dont mind, I'm gonna go take my Excedrin. I always get this head ache when I remember bad things.
The budget deficit for this fiscal year is projected to be over $1.5 TRILLION!!!

Problem with taking Excedrin and a nap for a Dubya headache is that when you wake up, the headache is still there...

Old 11-27-2008, 11:10 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,442,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
reason:
War Profits. Finish what Daddy started.
How is it profiting him or his father. You think either has financial problems and they're getting a big cash pay off for the war....offshore money transfers? What financial gain do they after that job....what friends do they have that need help financially and will profit from the war. Maybe now after they've both been President of the United States, it's time to move on and find a real job for a change. Once you've been the president, there's no further career advancement available....there's nothing you need to prove to yourself or your friends and family....you don't need to get anything else, just retire with secret service protection.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:13 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,081,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Al Queda is a very patient bunch - they will plan and plan and then strike when they think it is time to strike - not when we think they will...

I am quite sure the reason they have not attacked again is they are not ready yet...

It was almost 10 years between the two World Trade Center attacks...

I think our not suffering another massive attack since 9/11 is far more a function of Al Queda's internal planning than anything that Bush has done...

Bush couldn't even get Bin Ladin - so don't try to con me that we are safe because of him - he's an incompetent moron.
Had Clinton apprehended Bin Laden when Laden was offered to him during his presidency, we would not be worried about him today

Old 11-28-2008, 04:18 AM

16,828 posts, read 15,248,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
The budget deficit for this fiscal year is projected to be over $1.5 TRILLION!!!

Problem with taking Excedrin and a nap for a Dubya headache is that when you wake up, the headache is still there...

do you really think bambam is going to solve this countries problems in 3 months?

if you do, maybe you should be the one taking the excedrin.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:05 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,621,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
do you really think bambam is going to solve this countries problems in 3 months?

if you do, maybe you should be the one taking the excedrin.
Maybe you should stop spinning and putting words in other people's mouths - it is very childish and ignorant...

I said nothing about Obama fixing our problems in three months...

It took over 8 years for our problems to reach the catastrophic levels they are now at...

It will take at least 4 years, probably longer, to begin to fix them enough for most Americans to feel that the country and economy is finally moving in the right direction.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:28 PM

956 posts, read 1,238,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Maybe you should stop spinning and putting words in other people's mouths - it is very childish and ignorant...

I said nothing about Obama fixing our problems in three months...

It took over 8 years for our problems to reach the catastrophic levels they are now at...

It will take at least 4 years, probably longer, to begin to fix them enough for most Americans to feel that the country and economy is finally moving in the right direction.
(my bold above) ........... Yes, WAY over 8 years. And who was President the previous 8 years?

What does it take for Democrats to acknowledge their hand in this mess???? Seriously, do you honestly believe it falls only on the shoulders of Bush and his administration?

No one can be that short sighted.

As for "beginning" to "fix" it??? It shouldn't take more than 4 years to begin to right this economy. Obama et all should "begin" immediately and within 4 years it should be more than well on it's way to recovery.

You don't get to cop out now that Obama is on the threshold of his Presidency. It doesn't all become suddenly unachieveable.

Americans are resilient. It doesn't take much for them to gain hope and confidence in our country. So if things don't start to improve within the next year, it will have nothing to do with the people and everything to do with the Obama administration.

I'm hopeful, though ... I think we're going to see a marked improvement by mid 2009 if for no other reason than how the people of our country respond when we're down.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,266,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlabs View Post
Bush was a great president and would vote for him again!
Wait 10 years and you wil see why i say this.
Too bad the soldiers who died for PNAC can't hear you. But Osama bin Laden is all ears!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections