Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 07:49 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,612,781 times

Advertisements

I know it will never stop - the sniping at Obama - everything he says, does, doesn't say, doesn't do - will be endlessly criticized by a small number of very vocal Republican die-hards (and they are dieing hard....)...

Hannity and Limbaugh are at the top of the list ... I can understand them though - they have no principals - they are merely making money by stirring up as much controversy as they can... Politically speaking - they are less than irrelevant...

What thes 'Obama Snipers' don't yet understand, but will over the years, is that the country is sick of them, and the more they snipe,the more support Obama and the Democrats will have, and the less the Republicans will have...

I have only one word to describe the outcome they are so furiously bringing about...

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 07:55 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,817,216 times
I have to say that reading the insanity on this forum has opened my eyes to how extreme some of the far right people really are. They stop at nothing- lying, dramatizing, twisting truths and even filing frivilous lawsuits to quiet people who don't think like they do.

It's very scary to think that people who think like this could have power over all of us if we were dumb enough to vote them into office. In the future, I would not consider voting a candidate who does not decry such narrow mindedness.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,053,009 times
I think if the Republican Party wants to save itself it has got to disassociate itself from the Religious Right. Let the churches go back to being churches, and these people will go back to their normal marginalized state.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:36 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,016,272 times
Hasn't the same thing been happening to Bush for the past 8 years on networks such as CNN and MSNBC? How is it any different when it comes from the opposition? Why is it when the shoe is on the other foot it is suddenly wrong? Curiously enough, throughout world history of politics, one side always criticizes and tries to poke holes in the opposition. I'm not sure why the Democrats can't see that 2008 is just like any other year for politics.

And yes, thank you for pointing out that Hannity and Limbaugh oppose and criticize Obama, its not like the whole world doesn't know that already . Besides, ever watched Olberman? Exact same thing, but from the opposite end of the spectrum (yet somehow, that's ok?).

Old 11-28-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Hasn't the same thing been happening to Bush for the past 8 years on networks such as CNN and MSNBC? How is it any different when it comes from the opposition? Why is it when the shoe is on the other foot it is suddenly wrong? Curiously enough, throughout world history of politics, one side always criticizes and tries to poke holes in the opposition. I'm not sure why the Democrats can't see that 2008 is just like any other year for politics.

And yes, thank you for pointing out that Hannity and Limbaugh oppose and criticize Obama, its not like the whole world doesn't know that already . Besides, ever watched Olberman? Exact same thing, but from the opposite end of the spectrum (yet somehow, that's ok?).
I think the difference is that Bush gave the left plenty of ammunition to hate him... starting with the shady way he won the election in 2000... his horrible, costly decision to invade Iraq, his endless pandering and legislating exclusively in favor of the rich...

And you didn't even mention the sniping against Clinton - and the totally fraudulent, totally political Impeachment against him for absolutely no valid reason whatsoever...

And the sniping at Obama is taking place even before he is President!!!

The fact is, the country is sick and tired of political partisanship.

They largely view Republicans as big governement, war mongering, fiscally irresponsible, morally bankrupt, screw the poor and middle class, loyal party comrades - nothing more - and are sick and tired of their endless sniping at Obama...

The good thing is, the Republicans only dig their own graves deeper each time they lash out at Obama's new ideas (good ideas IMO) - which I am absolutely positive they will do until Obama's 2nd term expires...

So they will have a pretty damn deep grave to lie in come 2016... when Hillary will probably be voted President!!!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:56 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,872,555 times
uh uh bush bad

uh uh obama good

Old 11-28-2008, 08:59 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,903,218 times
"Please stop picking on my hero. I'm sensitive."

Old 11-28-2008, 09:05 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,462,901 times
Quote:

Well for one Bush has been screwing up for 8 years whereas Obama hasn't even put a paper weight on his desk in the oval office.

I think we should be extremely critical of whoever is in office, but he's not in office so the people criticizing him on minor things at this point look like lunatics.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
"Please stop picking on my hero. I'm sensitive."

Actually - I'm not sensitive at all..

I'm actually quite content to see the right wingers continue to spew their insanity and turn even more of the country against them and the Republican party - what little is left of it....

I fully expect a monumental Obama/Democratic landslide in 2012 if this keeps up...

I just hope no one in EPA decides to put Republicans on the endangered species list... That would ruin all the fun!!!

Old 11-28-2008, 09:10 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,200,553 times
Quote:

Another point to make is that Olbermann will complain about Obama, too. He will do his Special Notes (or whatever they're called - I don't get MSNBC) as well, when Obama screws up. They won't come as often, because Obama will be a much better President than Bush. (I can say that now with almost certainty just because of the Law of Averages.)

Unlike Hannity and Limbaugh, who spent much of the last 8 years defending Bush, Olbermann will spend almost no time doing that (although he will attack the various Swift-boaters and 527s and Religious Right groups, who deserve to be attacked regardless of who's in office).

The two sides are not the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections