Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 04:25 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Unlike George W. Bush, who said of the Constitution, "It's just a goddamned piece of paper." Google it.
You got that right. The Constitution has been shredded for decades now, but from Reagan on it has been faster and even more so under Bush.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:27 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Unlike George W. Bush, who said of the Constitution, "It's just a goddamned piece of paper." Google it.
Thats right and anytime the wind pisses the wrong way or the economy tanks Bush made it so he can trash the Constitution under martial law and become the dictator, among other nasty things he has done to shred our rights under it.... where is the outrage on that?

Old 11-30-2008, 04:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
How about the obsession so many have about Sarah Palin? Any different? Nope, not at all. It seems that both sides seem obsessed about the other side instead of moving on with their lives and just letting things happen as they will.
Between bonehead plays, Sarah Palin is forgotten.

LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Thats right and anytime the wind pisses the wrong way or the economy tanks Bush made it so he can trash the Constitution under martial law and become the dictator, among other nasty things he has done to shred our rights under it.... where is the outrage on that?
Poor old Dick Nixon must be turning in his grave. "I had to face weeks of congressional hearings and resign the presidency because I wanted to see what the democratic election committee was up to and look at all that Bush and Cheney have done and NOTHING happens to them."

Quote:
I was replying to your post where you said that you would not care if he had been born in Kenya. That is what I was having a problem with because it goes against our Constitution.
If he was born in Kenya, I know he would still be considered natural born by our amendments to the constitution and other laws already there, its really a mute question.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:30 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
matter to you? Would it matter that he lied to the American people, to the voters? Would it matter to you that he defrauded millions of dollars from campaign contributors? Would it matter that Obama and the DNC conspired to deceive the electorate?

Just curious. Would it matter to you Obama supporters?
If Obama was born in Hawaii as his birth certificate states, would it cut out half the threads on this board? Would all the screwballs shut up and slither back under their rocks then?

If there had been a chance in ten million that Obama was not a U.S. citizen the republican party would have obtained the evidence regardless of the loss of life and property involved in acquiring it.

Obama is President elect, and will be duly sworn in on January 20 barring the unforeseen. I hope all the conspiracy theorists can deal with it.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Poor old Dick Nixon must be turning in his grave. "I had to face weeks of congressional hearings and resign the presidency because I wanted to see what the democratic election committee was up to and look at all that Bush and Cheney have done and NOTHING happens to them."
Right and poor flippin Clinton couldnt get some some - which was a personal matter without getting thrown out, but Bush and Cheney can break near every law...

Old 11-30-2008, 04:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
How about the obsession so many have about Sarah Palin? Any different? Nope, not at all. It seems that both sides seem obsessed about the other side instead of moving on with their lives and just letting things happen as they will.
Sarah really seems to have faded in these few weeks since the election. At first, she kept a high profile. The new threads about her here on CD kept up for about a week, 10 days at most. We have moved on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
But we aren't constantly filing lawsuits that keep getting rejected asking her to offer proof that she is really the mother of Trig.
Too true! And for the record, I believe that she is Trig's mother. I felt that crap about her being his grandmother was scurrilous.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:36 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
I just had to say that I can't believe that Sanrene felt the need to start yet again another thread on this. I suppose Kooter will start another one now. Gosh, we need this information since it has only been discussed about ten thousand times on this board.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:42 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Right and poor flippin Clinton couldnt get some some - which was a personal matter without getting thrown out, but Bush and Cheney can break near every law...
Heck they had non stop hearings about an investment the Clintons made, before becoming president, that LOST money. But not one hearing about the billions in no bid contracts given to Dick Cheney's company for a war he lied us into fighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections