U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 08:27 AM

27,026 posts, read 43,639,425 times

Advertisements

NEW YORK -- President-elect Barack Obama's vast list of donors is being asked to donate to Hillary Rodham Clinton as she scrambles to reduce her massive campaign debt before she becomes secretary of state and federal ethics rules limit her fundraising, an Obama adviser said Thursday night.

[MOD CUT]

If you want to read more click here. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2008/12/05/obamas-million-donors-asked-pay-clinton-debt/ - broken link)

I thought Obama got so much money he could easily help her out...but I guess not. Well he is not obligated to do so just as he wasn't to help out his own blood brother who is in financial need.

The one thing I don't get in todays market is why do we have to bail out Hillary and people have given millions to Obama and so many people and businesses need money....Something is wrong with this picture....so for now I'm totally against any bailouts!!!!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-05-2008 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: copyright
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 09:29 AM

477 posts, read 622,956 times
I am sure all the dims here are writing checks as I type this. Time for the sheep to pony up!

Forget Christmas for the kids and make it a BIG check, Hillary is counting on you!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,447,327 times
Wow- Obama offered to assist her with paying off her debt and he's proving to be a man of his word.

How horrible is that?

He is not holding a gun to anyone's head demanding that they donate. He is simply asking.

You people are pathetic. Anything you can find to criticize you will.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 AM

31,315 posts, read 38,344,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I am sure all the dims here are writing checks as I type this. Time for the sheep to pony up!

Forget Christmas for the kids and make it a BIG check, Hillary is counting on you!
The victors are just enjoying additional spoils.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:46 AM

3,446 posts, read 6,959,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
NEW YORK -- President-elect Barack Obama's vast list of donors is being asked to donate to Hillary Rodham Clinton as she scrambles to reduce her massive campaign debt before she becomes secretary of state and federal ethics rules limit her fundraising, an Obama adviser said Thursday night.

[MOD CUT]

If you want to read more click here. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2008/12/05/obamas-million-donors-asked-pay-clinton-debt/ - broken link)

I thought Obama got so much money he could easily help her out...but I guess not. Well he is not obligated to do so just as he wasn't to help out his own blood brother who is in financial need.

The one thing I don't get in todays market is why do we have to bail out Hillary and people have given millions to Obama and so many people and businesses need money....Something is wrong with this picture....so for now I'm totally against any bailouts!!!!
I'm sure the Dims are thrilled to empty the pockets to bail out Hillary. Why shouldn't they? Obama promised them the world!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:49 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,730,392 times
Quote:

Who is we? Did you vote for a dem? If not, no one is asking you to contribute.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:04 PM

1,867 posts, read 3,879,550 times
Welcome to United States politics..that's how we do it over here. Perhaps they do it differently where you are from in Europe. Here people who are working in public office on behalf of the public arent always expected to fund their own campaigns, otherwise only rich people could participate in politics. Therefore there is nothing odd about her supporters WILLINGLY funding her campaign, even now that its over as it covers expenditures made DURING the campaign, not afterwards. People are WILLINGLY attending a party as a fundraiser and they get a fun evening rubbing shoulders with others like them and probably socially network etc. So if that's how these people want to spend their money, what gives YOU the right to object? In America we are a free country and people are free to fund whatever cause they see fit. If you dont like it, dont let the door hit you on the way out..

Old 12-05-2008, 05:38 PM

5,027 posts, read 5,892,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
I'm sure the Dims are thrilled to empty the pockets to bail out Hillary. Why shouldn't they? Obama promised them the world!
Kooter, have you already been over to Hannity's place to ask them what to say about this?

Old 12-05-2008, 05:41 PM

31,315 posts, read 38,344,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Kooter, have you already been over to Hannity's place to ask them what to say about this?
Is that next door to Mr. Rogers? Or is the place across the street from Fibber McGee and Molly?

Old 12-05-2008, 05:44 PM

5,027 posts, read 5,892,139 times
Quote:
I thought Obama got so much money he could easily help her out...but I guess not.
He's not allowed to use campaign contributions to help her:

Quote:
"Under federal campaign finance law, the Obama campaign cannot directly pay off Clinton's debts, or the $11.43 million she has loaned the campaign, because that would violate campaign contribution limits. But if Obama is the nominee, he and his donor base could provide invaluable help to her in raising money through signed appeals, joint fundraisers and by other methods."
Which you would know if you were interested in writing a decent post. But you just love to attack Obama regardless of fact, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections