Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2008, 07:22 PM
 
Location: West, Southwest, East & Northeast
3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times
Reputation: 871

Advertisements

Feds are investigating Obama pick Gov. Bill Richardson

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/richardson_donor_grand_jury/2008/12/16/162599.html

http://advanceindiana.blogspot.com/2008/12/feds-investigating-richardson-for-pay.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/16/politics/washingtonpost/main4671020.shtml

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12/16/Feds_conduct_Richardson_corruption_probe/UPI-61981229430725/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i4djsTNZP_tNj5Svz4MSfVI5XxHQD9543TI00
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2008, 08:09 AM
 
2,857 posts, read 6,724,762 times
Reputation: 1748
The feds are not investigating Bill Richardson, just one of his donors. I guess your headline suits your purposes, if not the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 08:28 AM
LML
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Reputation: 5191
Has it ever occurred to you kootr, that IF you were right about these people, you would not have to make up things, twist the truth, or peddle paranoic fantasies about them. IF you were right, you should be able to just tell the unvarnished, verified truth and it would condem them. Has it ever occurred to you that, since you can not do that, perhaps you are wrong about them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 AM
 
Location: West, Southwest, East & Northeast
3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times
Reputation: 871
Asked whether the probe focused only on CDR's actions in securing or executing the contract, the person with knowledge of the investigation said, "It is more than that."
Richardson ignored two shouted questions about the company at his afternoon news conference in Santa Fe and left the room.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28277636/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Apple Valley Calif
7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Reputation: 5682
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Has it ever occurred to you kootr, that IF you were right about these people, you would not have to make up things, twist the truth, or peddle paranoic fantasies about them. IF you were right, you should be able to just tell the unvarnished, verified truth and it would condem them. Has it ever occurred to you that, since you can not do that, perhaps you are wrong about them?
I think you just described most of the posters on this board, especially the demo side....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
 
Location: San Antonio North
4,147 posts, read 8,001,120 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Asked whether the probe focused only on CDR's actions in securing or executing the contract, the person with knowledge of the investigation said, "It is more than that."
Richardson ignored two shouted questions about the company at his afternoon news conference in Santa Fe and left the room.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28277636/
I applaud your persistence but the lib's on this board don't care if he killed their dog they would love him.

Remember he was choose to by the messiah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 08:45 PM
 
Location: West, Southwest, East & Northeast
3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times
Reputation: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
I applaud your persistence but the lib's on this board don't care if he killed their dog they would love him.

Remember he was choose to by the messiah.
Very true! The Messiah could murder their family and the looney left lugnuts would kiss his hand...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 PM
 
1,902 posts, read 2,467,924 times
Reputation: 543

Wow, this is going to be an interesting few years. Barry better take that oath so he can shut down all these investigations. I only wish they didn't shut down the Blago investigation so fast. I guess they had to otherwise that would have messed up that person of the year thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2008, 09:11 PM
 
Location: West, Southwest, East & Northeast
3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times
Reputation: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Wow, this is going to be an interesting few years. Barry better take that oath so he can shut down all these investigations. I only wish they didn't shut down the Blago investigation so fast. I guess they had to otherwise that would have messed up that person of the year thing.
Fitzgerald stopped the Blago investigation when he did (before the senate seat was sold) because he was afraid Obama would fire him if it lasted much longer. Obama will look bad if he fires Fitzgerald now. Blago (and Rezko) will sing like birds about Rahm Emanuel and Obama to save butts. I suspect the Richardson investigation will come straight back to Richardson himself. Wait for another investigation in the weeks to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top