Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:05 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,338 times

Advertisements

My own views are probably known on the matter, so I'm not going to go into it. I just want to ask the one question...

What if Obama fails to achieve what he's been promising? Whatever that means, what if it happens? Economy doesn't recover, pulling out of Iraq turns out to be a disaster, another terrorist attack, whatever...how will you handle that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 06:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
My own views are probably known on the matter, so I'm not going to go into it. I just want to ask the one question...

What if Obama fails to achieve what he's been promising? Whatever that means, what if it happens? Economy doesn't recover, pulling out of Iraq turns out to be a disaster, another terrorist attack, whatever...how will you handle that?

Funny how people weren't asking this same question about 8 years ago.

If Obama only lives up to half of our expectations of him he still would have George W beaten by miles.

You have a Black President now....get over it! There is nothing that you can do about it so just be supportive.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:09 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,002,157 times
It will be Bush's fault, of course.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Funny how people weren't asking this same question about 8 years ago.

If Obama only lives up to half of our expectations of him he still would have George W beaten by miles.

You have a Black President now....get over it! There is nothing that you can do about it so just be supportive.
Well, to be fair, Bush was never elevated to the level of Messiah like Obama has. And Bush at least had some sort of executive experience under his belt, so we had some sort of idea of how he was really going to do.

But come on, let's not make this about Bush. He's no longer president...get over it. And nobody said anything about a black president. Take the chip off your shoulder and please answer the question.

3,292 posts, read 4,473,371 times
My expectations are pretty low since we're in a world of ****. I'm optimistic, but I'm aware of the reality of the situation.

8,396 posts, read 9,440,951 times
Default Ok...so what if...Obama fails?

Then you'll be happy.

Country first, right?

Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Then you'll be happy.

Country first, right?
Let's try to remain objective, shall we? This isn't about my views...I've made them clear enough in plenty of other threads.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Well, to be fair, Bush was never elevated to the level of Messiah like Obama has(you are being a bit melodramatic, no?). And Bush at least had some sort of executive experience under his belt, so we had some sort of idea of how he was really going to do(and even with ALL of that executive experience, he stil was a f$ck up).

But come on, let's not make this about Bush. He's no longer president...get over it(even though he left America with a legacy of bad decisions and lack of leadership for 8 years....hmmmm, that mess won't have to be cleaned up). And nobody said anything about a black president(you don't have to SAY it, it is implied). Take the chip off your shoulder(no chip dunkel....its called reality) and please answer the question (I already did....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED) .

Old 01-21-2009, 06:21 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,470 times
To be honest, it would probably be blamed on Bush. I voted for Obama myself, but not because the promises he made. Moreso because I agreed with his stances more than I agreed with McCain. If we had another terrorist attack, or if the economy collapses, I'd go on like business as usual. I don't put alot of faith in politicians, republican or democrat or any other flavour. However, Iraq will be a disaster whether we pull out or if we stay in. The question we have to ask ourselves is whether or not we want to be involved in the civil war that's about to explode.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 PM

Cali...will you please just answer the question? This isn't about Bush...it's about Obama. What if he fails to live up to your expectations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections