Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Over 300 workers with brooms marched alongside vacuum trucks that looked like Zambonis, all plowing through more than 100 tons of paper, plastic water bottles, newspapers, food wrappers and hundreds of tiny American flags left behind.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/22/us...ermath.html?hp

Hope this helps...

Old 01-23-2009, 08:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why???

This is about the mess left after Obama's inauguration...

You seem hung up on Bush.
Nahhhhhhhh. I think we're just hung up on hypocrisy. (winkie-winkie)

Old 01-23-2009, 08:11 PM

The hypocrisy of the party of environmentalism littering???

Old 01-23-2009, 08:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Times Square.
Well, normie just quoted the clean up company as saying 50 tons for the inauguration. My guess would be they are a more reliable source than the NYT, based as they are in New York and not DC. Where do you get your 40 ton figure for Times Square? And what was the size of the crowd?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
The hypocrisy of the party of environmentalism littering???
No, (wriggle wriggle burble) ...the hypocrisy of people who didn't give a hoot about any of these issues, suddenly pretending moral outrage at them. (wiggle giggle smiley-boo)

Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Why???

This is about the mess left after Obama's inauguration...

You seem hung up on Bush.
I think I see your big important "point"....it's better to have a President like bush who actively works to destroy the environment than have a a big party in DC allegedly(according to you) made up entirely of Democrats who leave litter like any other big event where any humans are involved.

BTW,The cleaners should be glad they have a job...many people in this country don't.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, (wriggle wriggle burble) ...the hypocrisy of people who didn't give a hoot about any of these issues, suddenly pretending moral outrage at them. (wiggle giggle smiley-boo)
What of the hypocrisy of those who demand a clean environment....except when it is their party making the mess...

Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, normie just quoted the clean up company as saying 50 tons for the inauguration. My guess would be they are a more reliable source than the NYT, based as they are in New York and not DC. Where do you get your 40 ton figure for Times Square? And what was the size of the crowd?
Funny thing is that on top of the 50 tons this company cleaned up, the D.C. Department of Public Works and the National Park Service picked up more than 90 tons of garbage....

That makes 140 tons...

www.dcexaminer.com >> Local News (http://www.dcexaminer.com/local/012209-Then_a_massive_cleanup.html - broken link)

Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Funny thing is that on top of the 50 tons this company cleaned up, the D.C. Department of Public Works and the National Park Service picked up more than 90 tons of garbage....

That makes 140 tons...

www.dcexaminer.com >> Local News (http://www.dcexaminer.com/local/012209-Then_a_massive_cleanup.html - broken link)
Oh my God. You are SO RIGHT. So in this case...because of this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE issue, we better get Obama out of the White House right now, and install McCain or Hitler or whomever the conservative Reich wants in there. We take it all back!!!!

I mean seriously. WhatTH do you hope to accomplish with your endless "ahah!" posts about exactly the same subject?

God, you can tell football season is over. The bored freaky-tikis are making their way out of the woodwork and much like herpes, they're hell to get rid of.

What if you are right? What if Obama is just sooooooooooooooooo hypocritical? Guess what, hon. He's STILL your president. You still have to deal with it... And there you have it. Tough nuggies.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh my God. You are SO RIGHT. So in this case...because of this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE issue, we better get Obama out of the White House right now, and install McCain or Hitler or whomever the conservative Reich wants in there. We take it all back!!!!

I mean seriously. WhatTH do you hope to accomplish with your endless "ahah!" posts about exactly the same subject?

God, you can tell football season is over. The bored freaky-tikis are making their way out of the woodwork and much like herpes, they're hell to get rid of.

What if you are right? What if Obama is just sooooooooooooooooo hypocritical? Guess what, hon. He's STILL your president. You still have to deal with it... And there you have it. Tough nuggies.
Ummm, Obama didn't make the trash,this has nothing to do with Obama.
It has to do with people like you and other followers of his who on this 'historical' day thought throwing their trash on the National Mall was no big deal.

The only hypocrisy I see is on peoples part who would be simply outraged if this had happened any other time.

But leftist are oftentimes hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections