Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,052,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Ummm, Obama didn't make the trash,this has nothing to do with Obama.
It has to do with people like you and other followers of his who on this 'historical' day thought throwing their trash on the National Mall was no big deal.

The only hypocrisy I see is on peoples part who would be simply outraged if this had happened any other time.

But leftist are oftentimes hypocrites.
Oh, people like me. (nodding) Because you know me personally; you know all about me.

How do you know "people like me" aren't outraged to see littering?

On the other hand, how do you know every liberal is also an environmentalist?

How do you know every Democrat who voted for Obama is also liberal?

How do you know that only liberals were there to see what was an historic event?

You seem to "know" an awful lot that basically isn't true.

I've heard of revisionist history before...but never revisionist present. Ah, well, there's a first time for everything!

So you think the trash-throwers are hypocritical. Impeach THEM. (shrug) Or...continue to rant and run around in tight little circles shrieking about how hypocritical eeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone in the left must be...because the inauguration had litter in it.

(shrug) To each his own. I mean if it floats your boat...then........

Old 01-23-2009, 09:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh my God. You are SO RIGHT. So in this case...because of this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE issue, we better get Obama out of the White House right now, and install McCain or Hitler or whomever the conservative Reich wants in there. We take it all back!!!!

I mean seriously. WhatTH do you hope to accomplish with your endless "ahah!" posts about exactly the same subject?

God, you can tell football season is over. The bored freaky-tikis are making their way out of the woodwork and much like herpes, they're hell to get rid of.

What if you are right? What if Obama is just sooooooooooooooooo hypocritical? Guess what, hon. He's STILL your president. You still have to deal with it... And there you have it. Tough nuggies.
Ahhh! Let's leave the poor little repub alone...he obviously is desperate to find fault and refuses to read or understand any posts but his...and I'm not sure he do THAT

Old 01-23-2009, 09:18 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,895,045 times
Quote:
Oh, people like me. (nodding) Because you know me personally; you know all about me.

How do you know "people like me" aren't outraged to see littering?

Further, how do you know every liberal is also an environmentalist?

You seem to "know" an awful lot that basically isn't true.

I've heard of revisionist history before...but never revisionist present. Ah, well, there's a first time for everything!

So you think the trash-throwers are hypocritical. Impeach THEM. (shrug) Or...continue to rant and run around in tight little circles shrieking about how hypocritical eeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone in the left must be...because the inauguration had litter in it.

(shrug) To each his own. I mean if it floats your boat...then........
You voted for Obama didn't you?

Those present on Tuesday were Obama followers like yourself.

Are you outraged by 140 tons of trash being left on the National Mall?

This isn't a rant, not sure where you get that idea from...

And finally,you do not seem overly concerned,most of those defending those who littered in fact seem to be making excuses.

I guess it depends upon the circumstances as to whether throwing trash on the ground is bad.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ahhh! Let's leave the poor little repub alone...he obviously is desperate to find fault and refuses to read or understand any posts but his...and I'm not sure he do THAT
" I'm not sure he do THAT"....is that some new form of English?

I love it when someone tries to be smart and fails through their own mistakes.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:

I love it when someone tries to be smart and fails through their own mistakes.

The correct grammar would be, "I love it when someone tries to be smart and fails through his own mistakes."

Someone is singular and so is his. Their is plural.

His or her is also acceptable, though it doesn't flow from the tongue as fluidly.

Please learn English.

You're just embarrassing yourself at this point, hon. The next time you try to correct someone...please try to be right.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:22 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,036,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Where did you get the 100 tons figure?

The company that coordinated the cleanup, Republic Services, said 50 tons of waste and recyclables were collected from the National Mall and parade route. I think they would know. And since that includes both waste and recyclables, I'm guessing the actual amount of litter was probably 30-40 tons.

Republic cleans up 50 tons of inaugural trash
In Times Square 40 tons was collected on January 1, 2009 with an estimated 1 million revelers.

Inauguration, 50 tons, 2 million in attendance (estimated)

So in actuality, the impact from the inauguration is SIGNIFICANTLY less than a typical New Years Eve in New York.

I wish people would check their facts before spewing garbage. No pun intended.

http://axcessnews.com/index.php/articles/show?id=17312

Old 01-23-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
The correct grammar would be, "I love it when someone tries to be smart and fails through his own mistakes."

Someone is singular and so is his. Their is plural.

His or her is also acceptable, though it doesn't flow from the tongue as fluidly.

Please learn English.

You're just embarrassing yourself at this point, hon. The next time you try to correct someone...please try to be right.
LOL...quick catch on your own spelling mistake there...grammer quickly changed to grammar.

I LOVE email notification,it is so fast it catches out those who post and then go back and change it....

Old 01-23-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
In Times Square 40 tons was collected on January 1, 2009 with an estimated 1 million revelers.

Inauguration, 50 tons, 2 million in attendance (estimated)

So in actuality, the impact from the inauguration is SIGNIFICANTLY less than a typical New Years Eve in New York.

I wish people would check their facts before spewing garbage. No pun intended.

Times Square garbage cleanup signals good year ahead?
Except IF you read the thread you would find THIS private company collected 50 tons. the D.C. Department of Public Works and the National Park Service picked up more than 90 tons of garbage....

Try again.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
LOL...quick catch on your own spelling mistake there...grammer quickly changed to grammar.

I LOVE email notification,it is so fast it catches out those who post and then go back and change it....
Uh.

What????

I don't get "e-mail notification"--of what? I've made errors on here and was never notified.

Okay. The conservative reich is collectively going around the bend here.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Uh.

What????

I don't get "e-mail notification"--of what? I've made errors on here and was never notified.

Okay. The conservative reich is collectively going around the bend here.
My email notification sent a message BEFORE you corrected your spelling mistake.

It also shows the original message that is oftentimes edited while I am replying.

I am a slow typist....cooking for a living caused me to lose feeling in my fingertips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.