Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:20 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
That is exactly how The Messiah must feel. American soldiers died to defend this country, and capture terrorists and barack is letting them go. He just suspended the trials for five of the mean who planned the terrorist attacks on 911. He is moving them from Gitmo to a prison near you, and the American tax payer is paying for thier prison cell, food, lawyers and they are given American court treatment. Please explain again why this guy is was elected again. Oh thats right because he sounds smart, looks good and is historic.
Right from the start this thread sounds fishy:
American soldiers died to defend this country? Really, is that why they died? Are you certain about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 05:22 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That is precisely what Bush has done: Detain them and treat them far better than they deserve at GITMO. So what is your beef? Bush is abiding by the Geneva Convention, even though he doesn't have to because Afghanistan and Iraq never signed the treaty.
Torture at Gitmo ....

Torture, Cover-Up At Gitmo? , Former Translator Says Prisoner Interrogations Were Staged For VIPs - CBS News

Quote:
(CBS) And one of the FBI agents at Guantanamo thought so, too. He warned FBI headquarters the military was using “torture techniques.” The FBI emails were uncovered and declassified in a lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union. The head of the ACLU, Anthony Romero, says that the FBI agents were worried that military interrogators were ruining any chance of getting reliable intelligence.
And yet more torture at Gitmo ...

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...710491,00.html

Last edited by RD5050; 01-23-2009 at 05:51 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 05:25 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Right from the start this thread sounds fishy:
American soldiers died to defend this country? Really, is that why they died? Are you certain about that?
Of course it isn't why, except maybe in their poor deluded minds. They died for Bush's imperial-commercial project and Israel's security. That's why the OP had to stick that premise in the thread title, so it wouldn't be examined. So kudos for examining it

Old 01-23-2009, 05:37 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Anyone who isn't brainwashed from school-age by ideas of American superiority and has a modicum of intellectual honesty knows that the U.S. is the aggressor in Iraq. It's not even a close call.
I see, so Iraq didn't attack Kuwait in 1990, and Iraq didn't attack the US for 12 years while we maintained the UN "No-Fly" Zones over Iraq, right? In fact, Iraq was the most perfect country on the planet until the EVIL US invaded Iraq without cause or justification, right?

Talk about truly being delusional and uninformed. I wonder how many times your brain has been washed. You simply want Americans dead and you will manufacture any lie and any excuse to make that happen.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I see, so Iraq didn't attack Kuwait in 1990, and Iraq didn't attack the US for 12 years while we maintained the UN "No-Fly" Zones over Iraq, right? In fact, Iraq was the most perfect country on the planet until the EVIL US invaded Iraq without cause or justification, right?
There was no cause or justification for a war with Iraq in 2003. There was no cause or justification for the genocidal sanctions or the no-fly zones either, for that matter. Well, I mean no proper cause: the cause was obviously Bush's desire to rev up his hillbilly Christian base and his Israeli defense lobby friends and create a money machine for his corporate friends all in one fell swoop.

Quote:
Talk about truly being delusional and uninformed. I wonder how many times your brain has been washed. You simply want Americans dead and you will manufacture any lie and any excuse to make that happen.
Well, I was born in the USA and never lived anywhere else, so any "brainwashing" would have to have been American. Yes, I want Americans dead when they invade other countries for any reason other than direct self-defense, if the alternative is the death of more victims of American aggression. If the troops hadn't invaded a country that had never attacked ours, I certainly wouldn't wish them any harm. I rarely think about people like that at all, except for the four times a year they change the oil in my car.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:55 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
There was no cause or justification for a war with Iraq in 2003. There was no cause or justification for the genocidal sanctions or the no-fly zones either, for that matter. Well, I mean no proper cause: the cause was obviously Bush's desire to rev up his hillbilly Christian base and his Israeli defense lobby friends and create a money machine for his corporate friends all in one fell swoop.

Well, I was born in the USA and never lived anywhere else, so any "brainwashing" would have to have been American. Yes, I want Americans dead when they invade other countries for any reason other than direct self-defense, if the alternative is the death of more victims of American aggression. If the troops hadn't invaded a country that had never attacked ours, I certainly wouldn't wish them any harm. I rarely think about people like that at all, except for the four times a year they change the oil in my car.
"Yes, I want Americans dead when they invade other countries for any reason other than direct self-defense,"

I really can't believe you said that!

I know some soldiers at Fort Hood that might want to have a little talk with you.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
You simply want Americans dead
You seem to say that a lot, and to a lot of different people.

One has to wonder why a person would continue to ruminate over a horrifying idea, applying it practically indiscriminately, unless that person was actually the one who liked to entertain violent thoughts.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
There was no cause or justification for a war with Iraq in 2003.
Yea, killing Americans is no cause for war. Everyone should be allowed to kill as many Americans as they want, right?

Quote:
There was no cause or justification for the genocidal sanctions or the no-fly zones either, for that matter. Well, I mean no proper cause: the cause was obviously Bush's desire to rev up his hillbilly Christian base and his Israeli defense lobby friends and create a money machine for his corporate friends all in one fell swoop.
That's right, we should have allowed Saddam to continue his mass murders because it really turns you on. How dare we inconveince your sexual perversions by actually saving people's lives?

So Bush imposed the sanctions 9 years before becoming President, eh? That is a pretty good trick. You must also hate Clinton for maintaining and enforcing those "genocidal sanctions" against Iraq, right?

Quote:
Yep, some things never change. You are spewing the exact same anti-American trash as the freaks from the 1970s, like Obama's best buddy Bill Ayers. Why am I not surprised? You liberal freaks like to pretend you support the troops, but when the truth finally comes out it is evident that you have nothing but utter contempt for Americans.

If you had lived outside the US, even for a little while, you might have gained some appreciation for the rights and freedoms the US military ensures you have within the US instead of spitting on them. People like you don't deserve those rights and freedoms.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I know some soldiers at Fort Hood that might want to have a little talk with you.
The only time I associate with people like that are when they change the oil in my car or greet me when I go into Wal-Mart.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:12 PM

There was no "torture" at GITMO or anywhere else. I love how liberal freaks always change the meaning of words to suit their agenda. From the 1960s until the mid-1990s tens of thousands of US troops were subjected to waterboarding under SERE training (with congressional approval), which was just fine and dandy with the anti-American liberal freaks. Then all of a sudden we start waterboarding those who kill Americans, and the bleeding hearts suddenly cry "torture." Torture involves doing physical harm, not just depriving them of their dessert or telling them they have been a "bad terrorist." No doubt you would consider it torture if they didn't get their weekly manicure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections